What is next special

timbom

None of these promo items are free, there's a cost built into the cost of the cruise. That's what you are seeing now only without the perks. They probably booked so many overpriced cruises during the promo they are going to sit back and see how many will pay the current price. When orders drop down, they will add a promo, without changing the current price and people will flock to them thinking they are getting a good deal. Everybody's idea of what a good deal is different. For me, anything over $110 per day, including fees, for a balcony, will leave without me. I have a B2B on the RCL Allure booked in October, and I just booked another B2B on that ship for the end of November, and they all were in my price range. The October one is in a Central Park balcony for the first leg and an ocean view balcony for the second leg. The whole cruise in November is in an ocean view balcony. We are also getting prepaid gratuities and enough obc that we will be bringing money home. Before this, 11 of our last 12 cruises were on Celebrity. Now at least the next four will be on RCL. After that, we'll go where the money leads us.

Glad you found some cruises in your price point.

i just checked our cruise for 2016 out of Barcelona. The Inside is at $154 per day. That is only 30.00 more than in 2008 for an inside out of Barcelona.

it was my first cruise, and I had no idea about perks, promo etc. I just booked the cruise with my relative's TA and away we went.....

In the very early 80's Lee Iacocca started a Chysler auto marketing idea. Buy a car get a check ( rebate check). The auto industry today still can't get away from it no matter how hard they try. The genie was out of the bottle. I think Celebrity will find it self in the same situation. Ncl looks like there going down that same road and maybe the rest will jump in if it fills ships.

Hi all,

Our new promotion is "Unbelievable vacations, unbelievable new rates," and can be found here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/unbelievable-rates-offer

Sadly enough, dear Celebrity Cruises, your unbelievable new rates are shockingly unbelievable. I have been sailing Celebrity exclusively since 2009, nearly always as a solo, and up through 2013 I was paying in the range of $225 to $350 per night single occupancy for an AQ cabin. For my 2014 to 2016 cruises, when I really began seeing 1-2-3 on all but my Transatlantics, the price range per night in AQ jumped up to $450 to $575 per night but included Bev Package, gratuities, and OBC. As a result, my 2016 and 2017 cruises have been booked in non-AQ/non-CC staterooms to save an average of $50-$80 a night.

Now, no OBC/grats/Bev Package, and veranda cabins are running me, for solo occupancy, about the same or 10% more for any new bookings I am considering. All of these price increases, coupled with the subtle but never ending degrading of the "Modern Luxury" experience makes me quite sad, and I suspect I need to look at alternatives to Celebrity for my future vacations post 2017. And based on talking to fellow cruisers, I don't think my feelings are unique.

I booked 2 cruises yesterday. The price today is at least $100-$200 more pp than I paid yesterday. Where is the sale?????

The last cruise I booked, a 9 nt Europe sailing in a solo occupancy veranda, costs me $449 a night but includes all three perks, a value for me, as a solo cruiser, of $928.38 ($108 grats + $300 OBC + the drinks package at $520.38) Don't get me started on the fact that I pay for two fares but don't get credit for the price of the 2nd fare's gratuities or drink package, so X makes more money on me than 2 in a stateroom, especially since I always upgrade the drinks package and then pay overages on that.

That same cruise, 6 days later, costs $240 more for the same veranda category, and adding the missing perqs, there's an effective price increase of $1168.38. "Unbelievable" indeed, Celebrity. :eek: :mad:

In the very early 80's Lee Iacocca started a Chysler auto marketing idea. Buy a car get a check ( rebate check). The auto industry today still can't get away from it no matter how hard they try. The genie was out of the bottle. I think Celebrity will find it self in the same situation. Ncl looks like there going down that same road and maybe the rest will jump in if it fills ships.

I've had virtually no interest in NCL, mainly due to complaints about bedding and food. Now that there's a option for Free Specialty dining, and I can ask for egg crates, I would at least consider it. I don't think they've got the most exotic itineraries, but if I wanted a normal route and everyone else seemed expensive, who knows...

If you actually think the prices will go down in the long run, you're sorely wrong. Sure there will be promos in the future. As valuable as the 123 promo, probably very unlikely.

123 gave Celebrity an unusually high amount of future bookings for cruises thru 2017. This was a huge capital influx for Celebrity. This money in part is likely being used to service debt and future capital assets for the cruiseline.

For those Celebrity loyalist that are upset at the cruiseline and expected prices to drop when the promo stopped. Unfortunately the wait was not worth it...

If you actually think the prices will go down in the long run, you're sorely wrong. Sure there will be promos in the future. As valuable as the 123 promo, probably very unlikely.

123 gave Celebrity an unusually high amount of future bookings for cruises thru 2017. This was a huge capital influx for Celebrity. This money in part is likely being used to service debt and future capital assets for the cruiseline.

For those Celebrity loyalist that are upset at the cruiseline and expected prices to drop when the promo stopped. Unfortunately the wait was not worth it...

It's possible that celebrity used the deposits to pay for the new ships, but the cost of money right now is so low that they would borrow...not give away perks that cost them money in the long run. I do think that Michael Bayley left Lisa a financial growth problem and she's starting to scramble to fix it (drink package price increases...and likely more to come). Yes, 1-2-3 got bookings, but at a future cost (loss of on-board revenue)....to be made up by all the suite focus. I wonder if the suites can make up for the loss...it's a little like the 1% US taxpayers making up for the revenue lost on the giveaways to the other US taxpayers...but I digress.

Promotions come and go. It's highly likely that at some point there will be a "you asked for it to come back, so here's 1-2-3 again" sale. Prices will go up or down as they always have, based on bookings. Some cruises always go up in price...south american cruises for example. The caribbean is a cruise pricing war zone....so anything goes there. Asia and Europe seem to vary with price offers or price increases at seemingly random times....and Alaska is another competitive war zone where anything can happen on prices.

Just hang in there...if you see a price/offer you like, book it somewhere that doesn't charge cancellation penalties if you find a better offer.

I do agree that today's special offers are not exactly "rush to the phone to book" pricing.

Edited by ghstudio

Call me crazy but, sooner or later, Celebrity had to recoup the loss from the free drinks, included gratuities, and high OBC's. It's great to try and fill the ships but, if people aren't filling the Specialty Restaurants, buying in the high end shops, using the spa, or even upgrading the complimentary classic package, there is just so much the bottom line can absorb.

Having just gotten off the Silhouette this past Sunday, I can tell you for certain this was the case.

Actually, nothing was "free". Those perks were included in the fare. Celebrity just marketed in a way to make folks believe they were getting something for nothing. Hence the new pricing. If they remove something passengers thought was "free" they don't have to drop the price.

Actually, nothing was "free". Those perks were included in the fare. Celebrity just marketed in a way to make folks believe they were getting something for nothing. Hence the new pricing. If they remove something passengers thought was "free" they don't have to drop the price.

I don't know. If I subtract all of the perks from my C2 booking it comes to $718.50 pp for a 7 day cruise to Bermuda which amounts to $102.64 a day. This is pretty much all it's going to cost since I'm not paying gratuities or for drinks and we each have $150 obc to spend. I have never seen the Price of a C2 this low and I have been monitoring the price for 2 years. The price for my sailing is now up to $1399 for a C3 (I paid $1299 for a C2) which comes to just about $200 a day without any perks. If someone is paying double than what I paid and still has to shell out money once on board I think I scored a good deal. The 2015 sailings are $1529 for a C3 and it's only 30 days away.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Hi all,

Our new promotion is "Unbelievable vacations, unbelievable new rates," and can be found here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/unbelievable-rates-offer

You website does a horrible job of making the terms of this "promotion" clear. I click through via the email sent me to the highlighted dates and find the prices listed astronomical. I would suggest someone see whether there is a computer glitch. I can go to the moon cheaper than some of the prices for common cruises...the rates are indeed unbelievable.