Pet Peeve

klfrodo

Why do people who sit in bulkhead rows immediately prop their feet up on the bulkhead? :eek:

Even when there is signage asking people not to do this.

Would they do this at home? Do they encourage their children to do this at home?

is it just a sense of entitlement and total lack of respect? These aren't kids BTW. These are professionals.

I bring clean socks to change into on planes and yup, put my feet up. Shoes, dirty socks, and bare feet I can see being an issue, but I put my clean socked feet on the furniture at home, don't see a problem with doing it to the bulkhead on a plane.

Why do people who sit in bulkhead rows immediately prop their feet up on the bulkhead? :eek:

Even when there is signage asking people not to do this.

Would they do this at home? Do they encourage their children to do this at home?

is it just a sense of entitlement and total lack of respect? These aren't kids BTW. These are professionals.

I tend to agree with you, but it appears we are in the minority from the preceding comments. I am not so sure I would classify them as "professionals" as you did! Also, it is not just in the bulkhead. On a recent trip, I felt something on the back of my armrest from my window seat. I pushed my elbow back to remove it. I am almost certain it was the foot of the person sitting directly behind me, though I didn't care to look to be positive. But I can't think of anything else it could have been.

Edited by frugaltravel

I tend to agree with you, but it appears we are in the minority from the preceding comments. I am not so sure I would classify them as "professionals" as you did! Also, it is not just in the bulkhead. On a recent trip, I felt something on the back of my armrest from my window seat. I pushed my elbow back to remove it. I am almost certain it was the foot of the person sitting directly behind me, though I didn't care to look to be positive. But I can't think of anything else it could have been.

That I wouldn't do. Very inappropriate.

I bring clean socks to change into on planes and yup, put my feet up. Shoes, dirty socks, and bare feet I can see being an issue, but I put my clean socked feet on the furniture at home, don't see a problem with doing it to the bulkhead on a plane.
Even if there's a sign asking you not to?

We usually sit in the bulkhead to stretch out (and not have our knees smashed) but have never put our feet on the bulkhead.

If I turned my head and found someone's foot on the back of my armrest, I'd be very tempted to give it an "accidental" jab with one of my knitting needles.

Oops, sorry, didn't expect a foot to be there ;)

I had that happen to me once. The offending foot got a very sharp jab from my elbow. ;)

We usually book the first row of seats on DL in E-Comfort (just returned from an LAX-Asia flight...my legs aren't long enough to reach the wall but I did put my carryon on the floor (lot's of room) and put my feet up on it...otherwise I have circulation trouble in my legs....Anything wrong with this and yes I have on clean travel socks that I bring to change into.

I guess I'm just the odd man out. I just remember getting rapped upside the head for drawing on the walls or putting my feet on the walls. Clean feet or not.

Never even thought of arguing that there wasn't a sign saying not to.

Who is arguing? Just stating the facts. You don't want to put your feet up, then don't do it. With a hip replacement and problem knee, it's much more comfortable for me to prop my leg up, and will continue to do so.

I guess I'm just the odd man out. I just remember getting rapped upside the head for drawing on the walls or putting my feet on the walls. Clean feet or not.

Never even thought of arguing that there wasn't a sign saying not to.

Well I must be the second odd man out :).

If you fly enough, you will see the "it's all about me" attitude that is so prevalent in today's society. It is better/easier/more comfortable for *me* so it will happen. I see it so often, and not just in the realm of travel though that certainly brings it out in people!

Who is arguing? Just stating the facts. You don't want to put your feet up, then don't do it. With a hip replacement and problem knee, it's much more comfortable for me to prop my leg up, and will continue to do so.

Little feisty are we?

When I said that I didn't think about arguing, I was talking about when my parents would rap me upside the head for putting my feet on the wall,,, I should have argued my point with them that there wasn't a sign saying I couldn't do it.