Westerdam In-Room Safe Size

Jersey Girl 1

Sailing on the Westerdam next month.

Going out tomorrow to treat myself to an I-Pad (I've been using a Kindle Fire for 3 years and it is on its last legs).

Not sure if I will get the new Full Size AIR or a MINI but I want to be able to take it on my Alaskan trip.

Will the full size I-Pad AIR fit in the room safe on an interior room?

Thanks for any help.

Terry

This is only a guess since I don't have the exact dimensions of the safe but my guess is that it is long enough but not deep enough. That said, I have camera equipment that is worth much more than a tablet and it will not fit in the safe and I never worry about leaving it in the cabin. Have never had a problem in 20+ cruises.

Also agree about never having any issue with items in the cabin but we also do not leave them sitting out - the computer gets tucked in a drawer or cabinet. We only lock up the passports, tickets, money, wallets, phones (just to have them out of the way) and jewelry.

We were on the Westerdam last month and the safe is fine for iPad, but it was smaller than others we've had on other Dam ships, so not all are the same (the Veendam was similar, too.) I could on past ships easily fit my Macbook Pro and camera and lenses, but this time could only put iPad, Kindle, one DSLR and 1 lens...I put the others in various places around the room. We've never had a problem and usually our Macbook is left on the desk.

When I first took a notebook on board (now it's an ipad) I asked if it was safe to leave it out and was told, assuredly yes.

My ipad stays out most of the time as I am always referring to the spread sheet when we have a lot of activities and tours going on.

I have never worried about it. DH's camera equipment just goes in a closet and the locked drawer. no worries either and his equipment is worth more than my ipad without question!

Happy to hear the safes have gotten bigger. We will be on the Westerdam next March. I keep things out but not near the door. From what I've heard people who want your stuff will only take a few seconds to glance in and won't spend time looking around. Now my question. Where is the key to the locked drawer?

Now my question. Where is the key to the locked drawer?
It should be in the lock or inside the drawer when you check in. Like others have mentioned, I leave my laptop on the desk unless there is a notice that someone other than our stewards will be working in the room.

It should be in the lock or inside the drawer when you check in. Like others have mentioned, I leave my laptop on the desk unless there is a notice that someone other than our stewards will be working in the room.

Those locks are so weak I bet they all use the same key and/or are very easy to open/pick.

Just back from the Apple store. Decided on the Mini IPad2. It suits my need and is certainly an upgrade from a 3year old Kindle. Don't like paying for features I will never use. And I really liked the size and portability of the Mimi. Fits well in my purse. So I figure I will fit fine in the room safe. Also liked hearing reassurances of the personal property security on the ships. I like to think people are basically good.

Thanks for all the comments.

Those locks are so weak I bet they all use the same key and/or are very easy to open/pick.

They don't use the same key in both nightstands in the same cabin. At least they haven't in the cabins where I've tested it.

Sometimes the key for one, or both, nightstands is missing.

They don't use the same key in both nightstands in the same cabin. At least they haven't in the cabins where I've tested it.

Sometimes the key for one, or both, nightstands is missing.

I could be mistaken, but I think we've had a couple of cabins where only one nightstand had a locking drawer.