Elite free laundry

jamesnnb

Is there a limit to the number of times you can send out the (free) laundry for Elites? I've usually done one small load in my name and one in my husband's name -- but can you send out more than once (each)? On the website it just says 'complimentary laundry service'.

Is there a limit to the number of times you can send out the (free) laundry for Elites? I've usually done one small load in my name and one in my husband's name -- but can you send out more than once (each)? On the website it just says 'complimentary laundry service'.

James, On 14 day cruises I send out clothes to be laundered every 3 days.

It's amazing how much one can fit in one of those laundry bags! I roll the items and have easily fit as much as 2 pairs of long pants/jeans, 4 pairs of capri pants, 8 tops, and an item of sleepwear in one bag.

As precaution, I always jot down a list of what I send for laundering to be sure I get everything back. So far, everything has been returned to me.

Limited only by your ability to put stuff in their laundry bag.

But you can also get add'l bags. I've sent more than one bag at a time.

Also, instead of jotting down what you're sending, take photos. If something gets lost, it helps the staff find it when you can show them exactly what it is.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

Also, instead of jotting down what you're sending, take photos. If something gets lost, it helps the staff find it when you can show them exactly what it is.

Good idea.

I used to take photo's of my suitcases when we handed them to the porters so if they were "lost" we could provide a picture of them but we now carry our own bags aboard with us.

Good idea.

I used to take photo's of my suitcases when we handed them to the porters so if they were "lost" we could provide a picture of them but we now carry our own bags aboard with us.

Wouldn't it be better to take a photo of the porter, so if the suitcases were lost you could provide a picture of who you handed them to.

Good point, THANK YOU I will add this tip to my cruise notebook!

Crochetcruise :cool:

Wouldn't it be better to take a photo of the porter, so if the suitcases were lost you could provide a picture of who you handed them to.

I'm not sure it would do much good since he only places you bags in the rack and you couldn't prove otherwise. At least having an exact picture of your bag for distribution to the cabin stewards might get it back.

How long would you expect to wait for the items to be returned? On one of my cruises I left the laundry bag for the steward and when i returned at lunchtime he was hanging the washed and pressed shirts in the wardrobe - wow :D

Every several days we send out two rather small bags -- one bag with laundry items, the other with things to be cleaned.

Quite nice that it's free for us on Princess ... but we do the same on cruise lines where we have to pay.

LuLu

How long would you expect to wait for the items to be returned? On one of my cruises I left the laundry bag for the steward and when i returned at lunchtime he was hanging the washed and pressed shirts in the wardrobe - wow :D

That's some service!

I generally never see ours back before the next evening before dinner. I'd like to think my shirts are having a festive vacation without me - a nice hot soak, maybe a massage, some time in the sauna, a little Pilates. I wouldn't want to rush them.

No limit however we are very careful on what we send out.

It can be pretty harsh on some clothing. :(

I usually sent out separate bags with cleaning and laundry too, until this January when I was told that there was no more dry-cleaning on any of the Princess ships because of "environmental concerns." Odd that, since other cruise lines continue to have cleaning available. As an Elite, I find this to be a big takeaway. Is this really true fleetwide?

I usually sent out separate bags with cleaning and laundry too, until this January when I was told that there was no more dry-cleaning on any of the Princess ships because of "environmental concerns." Odd that, since other cruise lines continue to have cleaning available. As an Elite, I find this to be a big takeaway. Is this really true fleetwide?

The dry cleaning process was changed a few years ago.

It still exists but in a slightly different form & under the name of "cleaning".

How do you think they clean all the uniforms of the crew that can't be washed in water?

I thought about the crew's uniforms too - much later of course, after we were off the cruise and then naturally too late to ask about it! But it makes perfect sense - of course there has to be some kind of "cleaning" But what process do they use? And is it available to passengers? If anyone has used this "cleaning" could you please let me know the results? My husband loves his silk shirts but when we sent them out on the Emerald they were returned as is, and we were told they no longer could clean them?

I thought about the crew's uniforms too - much later of course, after we were off the cruise and then naturally too late to ask about it! But it makes perfect sense - of course there has to be some kind of "cleaning" But what process do they use? And is it available to passengers? If anyone has used this "cleaning" could you please let me know the results? My husband loves his silk shirts but when we sent them out on the Emerald they were returned as is, and we were told they no longer could clean them?

As I said in a prior post, due to damaged items we rarely send anything out anymore. Especially if I have expensive delicate items. Only use it if we absolutley have to, and then only essentials. I would not however send out anything "silk".

Edited by Colo Cruiser