Great deals and some price drops...

watchdiva

:)Just an FYI.....there are some killer good deals out there right now (especially for suite and Haven pax)! Was able to benefit from a big price drop on one of my sailings and just booked another cruise this morning at an awesome price.

Not sure what's going on but you can bet that I'm taking advantage of what I'm seeing!

Trust me iimmee - one of my sailings dropped a boat load late yesterday! Can't say whether your particular sailings have dropped but one of mine sure did - so much so that I went in this morning and booked another cruise for 2016 because the itinerary was great, timing worked and they had the suite that I wanted. DH is ONE HAPPY CAMPER.....just sayin':D.

Really? Cause when I go "fishing" all I see is red

I've noticed the same thing. Since last summer (roughly) lots of higher prices on the fish and just have gone up before each new promo for the most part. I"ve seen a few in off peak times or after final payment go green but mostly red.

ETA: Also have to watch where turning green, go back and look at the history - sometimes still way above what they had been previously just reduced to the last price.

Edited by dexddd

Our Pearl 11/28/16 Panama Canal cruise suite dropped significantly in price. Is it overpriced still? Not to us that's for sure! We saved enough that we just booked another cruise this morning for next year to Alaska - we are :D!

I will be looking for those nice price drops starting next month for a cruise to Alaska..

We can take advantage of last minute cruises when they need to fill the ship..

We don't really care where the cabin is located.. Maybe with all the problems that NCL has created lately, we will not have a problem getting a last minute deal...

We went with Princess last year, but prefer NCL for their entertainment on board and no formal nights..

I will be looking for those nice price drops starting next month for a cruise to Alaska..

We can take advantage of last minute cruises when they need to fill the ship..

We don't really care where the cabin is located.. Maybe with all the problems that NCL has created lately, we will not have a problem getting a last minute deal...

We went with Princess last year, but prefer NCL for their entertainment on board and no formal nights..

What problems with NCL, I saw they just instituted a room service fee on another post. No luck with price drop on ours.

Our Pearl 11/28/16 Panama Canal cruise suite dropped significantly in price. Is it overpriced still? Not to us that's for sure! We saved enough that we just booked another cruise this morning for next year to Alaska - we are :D!

Watchdiva - thanks for sharing. Just checked my four cruises and no price drop for any of them.

There are two possible reasons why there is a price drop for your cruise 1) you are cruising in late November/early December which is one of the cheapest time to cruise. 2) The Pearl is doing a 10-day Panama canal cruise - longer cruises are more difficult to sale and therefore NCL has to lower prices if they bookings are not going according to predictions. Also, your cruise starts on a Monday and ends on a Thursday which requires people to take two weeks off from work.

Edited by jmele999

Watchdiva - thanks for sharing. Just checked my four cruises and no price drop for any of them.

There are two possible reasons why there is a price drop for your cruise 1) you are cruising in late November/early December which is one of the cheapest time to cruise. 2) The Pearl is doing a 10-day Panama canal cruise - longer cruises are more difficult to sale and therefore NCL has to lower prices if they bookings are not going according to predictions. Also, your cruise starts on a Monday and ends on a Thursday which requires people to take two weeks off from work.

As I posted earlier this week my Pearl- Alaska 2016 cruise dropped $4000 for our 2br suite. So it is not just your possible reasons.

Our cruise is also HIGH travel week of July 4th.

On March 31st we were happily surprised to see a price drop on our Oct 2016 cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway. We are four adults in a category 01 Family Oceanview with the UBP. Price dropped from $2,928 to $2,481 ..... rounded figures including AARP discount.

We're from Oregon and hate having to pay substantial cost in airfare for most of our cruises. We decided to fly to New York and do Canada/New England on the Gem Saturday to Saturday and then the Breakaway to Bermuda Sunday to Sunday. Unfortunately they don't sail the same day but still better than having to pay two separate sets of airfare to cross two cruises off our bucket list :)

MandyMommyof2, if your question is directed at me (the OP), all of our bookings are handled by our PCC. We have worked with him for 5 years now. I research the cruises online, put them on hold, and then contact him to finalize the deposits and from then on he handles price drops, changes in sail dates, etc. I had read in another thread last night about some potential price drops, Che Jed my bookings and sure enough, BIG drop on Pearl 11/28/16 cruise. Contacted my PCC and he rebooked us.

Got a drop of about $50 pp for an inside on the Gem next summer. Not a lot, but a nice little savings!

Good for you. NCL's #cough #cough #spam emailed again today about Deals, got a new PCC again (how many did we had over 15 years, who's counting) last month and again this month. None is final even after full payment is made and you are checked in at the pier for the sailing. We have a "tentative" booking on the GEM year-end and will be back way before you sail next year.

As annoyed Platinum members ourselves who CAN almost afford almost anything with our leisure travel - if we wanted to, we wouldn't hold our breath as those savings would likely be offset by COLA on the "indexed" DSC and any test convenience fees, unannounced and new supplement for fuel, environmental and variety of yet unspecified reasons that NCL - per its contract - can and will impose on anyone & everyone, a la new FeeStyle Crusing 2015-2016.

Good for you. NCL's #cough #cough #spam emailed again today about Deals, got a new PCC again (how many did we had over 15 years, who's counting) last month and again this month. None is final even after full payment is made and you are checked in at the pier for the sailing. We have a "tentative" booking on the GEM year-end and will be back way before you sail next year.

As annoyed Platinum members ourselves who CAN almost afford almost anything with our leisure travel - if we wanted to, we wouldn't hold our breath as those savings would likely be offset by COLA on the "indexed" DSC and any test convenience fees, unannounced and new supplement for fuel, environmental and variety of yet unspecified reasons that NCL - per its contract - can and will impose on anyone & everyone, a la new FeeStyle Crusing 2015-2016.

indeed.

Just because we "can" afford an extra few dollars a day doesn't make it right to charge it.