Men's lightweight jeans

CasaM

My husband's jeans are so heavy (he wears size 42), especially for packing. I'd like to get him a dark rinse lighter weight pair with a little stretch in them. I know they make these for women, but have never seen them for men.

Any suggestions?

My husband's jeans are so heavy (he wears size 42), especially for packing. I'd like to get him a dark rinse lighter weight pair with a little stretch in them. I know they make these for women, but have never seen them for men.

Any suggestions?

I don't know where you live but if you have a Levi's outlet store near your area I would check it out. They have all kinds of styles and carry a large variety of sizes. You could always call first and ask if they carry what you're looking for.

I've never seen men's jeans with stretch in them. Typically the lighter denim fabrics are found in higher end designer jeans, both Levi's or Lee, etc. You could check 7 ForAll Mankind, Hugo Boss, Or maybe Ralph Lauren. Typically the lighter weight denims are more if a skinny/slim fit, although I Have seen them in straight leg a couple times.

Edited by ducklite

My husband used to wear a 42, also....very hard to find anything "lightweight" in large sizes! Instead of jeans, get some slacks...like Dockers or something similar...in a cotton twill. Much lighter, both to pack and wear!

My husband used to wear a 42, also....very hard to find anything "lightweight" in large sizes! Instead of jeans, get some slacks...like Dockers or something similar...in a cotton twill. Much lighter, both to pack and wear!

Agree about taking twill instead. My husband almost never travels with jeans. He did on our London trip last month, but it was winter and we did almost exclusively very casual things. He did have a pair of Dockers for the two dressier dinners and the theater. Twill packs in half the space of denim and dries a lot faster as well.

Thank you all for your responses. I will look online at the suggestions, but will probably just stick with the Dockers. That is his mainstay...black and navy, but he also has some khaki color. As you say, they would pack much better.

Thank you all for your responses. I will look online at the suggestions, but will probably just stick with the Dockers. That is his mainstay...black and navy, but he also has some khaki color. As you say, they would pack much better.

If you Google "Mens light weight stretch Jeans" you'll get pages of answers.......

For cool weather travel, my husband LOVES the Levi Commuter series - hard to find, not sure they're being made any more. They were designed for bike commuters so they're water resistant - my husband has 3 prs - slim and cargo styling in khaki and black twill.

Otherwise, he doesn't pack jeans (nor do I). Neither of us wear jeans for casual wear very often and find other fabrics MUCH better for packing & travel - lighter weight, quicker to dry, water resistant etc.

(oh, he does have a gorgeous pair of khaki linen trousers in a 5 pocket jean style - got on great discount from Sierra Trading Post - one of my favorite summer pants on him!!)

I bought those linen pants, too, for my H! My H isn't too "into" jeans on cruises. Too hot in most places for jeans and too rainy in Alaska. Nothing worse that heavy wet jeans. If he wants pants for the cruise I also vote for khakis. Easy to pack and more versatile than jeans. My H does have a lightweight jean. Everytime I wash them I notice right away how light they are, I think they are Kenneth Cole, which I believe Macy's carries. You could always google mens lightweight jeans and his size and see what comes up.

• 2 weeks later...

I found some nice cotton twill pants at Sierra Trading Post and ordered some for DH. One was dark olive and the other a medium brown (a little darker than khaki). They both fit great and are nice quality. The olive pair had cuffed bottom and the brown just hemmed. I liked them both but ordered 2 more pair of the dark olive which should arrive any day now. So I've decided no jeans for our Baltic cruise next month...and he is all set for clothes now!