Dynamic Dining on Oasis

thank you, i appreciate that. now looking at it i don't see a difference between mtd and this new dd. am i missing something? looks like its just a name change, make something old look new.

i wish i could dine in jamies italian. that looks awesome. alas, not on the oasis. :(

Some differences between MTD and DD:

The menus don't change every night with DD. I've read they may change once per cruise.

There is no shipwide formal night. Formal dress is suggested for the Grande restaurant.

Some differences between MTD and DD:

The menus don't change every night with DD. I've read they may change once per cruise.

There is no shipwide formal night. Formal dress is suggested for the Grande restaurant.

thank you again. now i'm catching on. i like the formal in the grande only, i dislike dressing up to much on vacation.

For those concerned about losing the MTD experience to DD, from what I understand, ships that are converted to DD will continue to offer an experience similar to MTD, where you change restaurants every night, but keep the same waiters and group of people at your table.

Royals website says it will be on the Oasis class ship this fall.

I've got 2 cruises booked on Oasis for Feb & March, '16 and the only dining options available ,when they abandoned DD, is MTD and traditional dining. The Anthem of the Seas will have DD and DD Classic which allow the diners to maintain the same wait staff and rotate to other restaurants.

Just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean in regards to our cruise in January on the Allure. They're going to have the choice of dynamic dining or specific time dining where the restaurant is split into three levels - you go to a different level each night but you keep the same waiter and the same table, just different menus. I'm sure they will be doing the same on the oasis.

We are booked on the Oasis for November, and have traditional dining. Unless they start the transition with Dynamic Dining Classic for those with traditional, they will have a lot of unhappy customers.

I just hope they don't implement it before our cruise.

We are booked on the Oasis for November, and have traditional dining. Unless they start the transition with Dynamic Dining Classic for those with traditional, they will have a lot of unhappy customers.

I just hope they don't implement it before our cruise.

We're also on Oasis in November and will be very disappointed if they haven't introduced Dynamic Dining by then. The way they seem to be heading is that they will have Classic introduced on all Oasis class by the time they introduce DD

If people are really so set on eating with the same people and the same waiters every night then hopefully they will be accommodated - but I seriously hope that those of us who embrace change and are eager to try DD won't be overlooked by the clamour from the traditionalists.

Edited by Bobal

We're also on Oasis in November and will be very disappointed if they haven't introduced Dynamic Dining by then. The way they seem to be heading is that they will have Classic introduced on all Oasis class by the time they introduce DD

If people are really so set on eating with the same people and the same waiters every night then hopefully they will be accommodated - but I seriously hope that those of us who embrace change and are eager to try DD won't be overlooked by the clamour from the traditionalists.

I enjoyed DD on the 2/2/16 Quantum because I had my reservations. It was very frustrating in getting the desired times and it took about 2 weeks to get everything in order and this with the help of a C&A rep. Others weren't so lucky because they weren't aware or did so late, and wound up in the WJ. You would be screaming like a stuck pig like others on this board if this happened to you.

Just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean in regards to our cruise in January on the Allure. They're going to have the choice of dynamic dining or specific time dining where the restaurant is split into three levels - you go to a different restaurant each night but you keep the same waiter and the same table' date=' just different menus in each restaurant. I'm sure they will be doing the same on the oasis.[/quote']The option you described is the Classic Option for DD. Like traditional dining on non-DD ships, this option allows you to have the same waiter and table. You rotate through the dining rooms that have different dining styles and menus. Disney does this on their ships. Classic Dining has early and late seatings.

Regular DD, which should be offered on your Allure cruise, does not assign you to any particular table or waiter. You can pre-book reservations before you sail or book them onboard. If it is a non-pressure dining time (i.e. earlier or later in the dining period), you may be able to walk up to the restaurant and be seated. My Time Dining has the same menus as the traditional dining (they change each night) on non-DD ships and you can reserve a certain dining time prior to the ship or after you board. Accommodating you as a walk-up is similar to what I described for DD ships. Many times in MTD, the M'aitre D' will accommodate requests for the same time and waiter (and often the same table).

Edited by SherriZ366

Others weren't so lucky because they weren't aware or did so late, and wound up in the WJ. You would be screaming like a stuck pig like others on this board if this happened to you.

The others without a resevation simply chose not to wait for a table to become available - you can always get in - it just a matter of how long you are willing to wait. Those who don't want to wait can go to the WJ.

The math is a bit different on Oasis class ships. Due to the larger seating capacity compared to Quantum class (Oasis can seat about 1/2 guests at one time vs. only about 1/3 on QN), there's likely to be less wait times for folks without a reservation.

Biker, who is guessing that DD will be implemented by the late fall sailing season on both Oasis and Allure.

The others without a resevation simply chose not to wait for a table to become available - you can always get in - it just a matter of how long you are willing to wait. Those who don't want to wait can go to the WJ.

The math is a bit different on Oasis class ships. Due to the larger seating capacity compared to Quantum class (Oasis can seat about 1/2 guests at one time vs. only about 1/3 on QN), there's likely to be less wait times for folks without a reservation.

Biker, who is guessing that DD will be implemented by the late fall sailing season on both Oasis and Allure.

On my cruise, they were imply turned away. Just tell me how will they handle DD Classic if the biggest dining room is the American Icon Grille, unless the Grille is both DD and classic. This may be more confusing.

Just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean in regards to our cruise in January on the Allure. They're going to have the choice of dynamic dining or specific time dining where the restaurant is split into three levels - you go to a different level each night but you keep the same waiter and the same table' date=' just different menus. I'm sure they will be doing the same on the oasis.[/quote']

You mean they will have one static menu for DD and one that changes for My Time? That doesn't sound very manageable for RCL. Or maybe I'm misinterpreting what you meant?

On my cruise, they were imply turned away. Just tell me how will they handle DD Classic if the biggest dining room is the American Icon Grille, unless the Grille is both DD and classic. This may be more confusing.
I think there will a section of each restaurant sent aside for Classic. I think it might be around 20% of the tables.

I enjoyed DD on the 2/2/16 Quantum because I had my reservations. It was very frustrating in getting the desired times and it took about 2 weeks to get everything in order and this with the help of a C&A rep. Others weren't so lucky because they weren't aware or did so late, and wound up in the WJ. You would be screaming like a stuck pig like others on this board if this happened to you.

I don't see why they had to end up in WJ. If their first choice restaurant is unable to accommodate them there are plenty of other restaurants that would have had availability if they wanted. There are sufficient restaurants to accommodate all guests on any given evening, more likely not the restaurant they wanted or a time they liked. I am sure I read somewhere there is a set number of tables for reservations and a number are held back for walk ins.

It is just like any land restaurant. If you go to the most popular restaurant at the busiest time you may be lucky to get a table, but there will always be somewhere you can eat.

They should have realized after the first night that they needed to make reservations if they were having difficulties getting in to a restaurant they wanted at a time they wanted. They could have then been given options to choose from for the rest of the cruise by trying to make reservations. I doubt very much they ended up in WJ every night.

Edited by Spurschick

I think you may be confused with how Classic will operate. Classic is an option within DD, not a separate option. Thus, if you choose Classic you will rotate between dining rooms but keep the same table members and wait-staff.

My understanding is that on any given sailing they will know how many have chosen Classic early and classic late seating and, I would assume, will accommodate those people accordingly. The remainder of the tables within each dining room will be DD much in the way of MTD - i.e. book a table, or if you want to be flexible just turn up.

I know a number of people who have sailed on Quantum, and read a good number of reviews on here, and no problems were encountered in just turning up. However, as someone else pointed out, if you turn up at peak time at a popular restaurant without a reservation you will have to wait.

Hopefully the Classic option will appease those who don't like to pre-plan and leave the full experience of DD for those of us who like some flexibility and innovation.

Edited by Bobal

just got off oasis and the dining staff in our section said they had pulled the plug on DD due to it's unpopularity. the gentleman we spoke to said he was the one who put all the plans together to roll it out on oas and that they were not dropping it altogether on their ship.

just got off oasis and the dining staff in our section said they had pulled the plug on DD due to it's unpopularity. the gentleman we spoke to said he was the one who put all the plans together to roll it out on oas and that they were not dropping it altogether on their ship.

I have nothing against Dynamic Dining because I have not tried it yet. I saw that they add Classic Dynamic Dining that would let you keep the same waiter in each dining room on the Anthem and Quantum.

We were in the Grande dining room on our last cruise on the Oasis. We had traditional dining and the dining room was for MTD, also. The design of the dining room with the large wooden preparation areas for waiters created traffic areas to seat the MYD diners. We were seated by a window, but the aisle next to us was used to seat the MTD diners the entire time we were seated. Scooters had to back up to make the turn, (which was not their fault) and the waiters drove the scooters back to park them somewhere. The constant flow if people was not the fault of the MT diners, either.

Making the dining room for only Dynamic Dining or My Time Dining or traditional dining would be better. Using the dining rooms that were remodeled for a different purpose did not work too well in the Grande dining room.