How long does dinner in the MDR take?

We have my time dining - looking to eat around 7:45. When I book our times on Royal Caribbean, it's says 7:45 to 9:45.

Does dinner usually take the full two hours? Does it matter if it's just the two of us at the table?

Thanks. :)

In my experience it's never quicker than 90 minutes, but it's not there to be rushed it's to be enjoyed!

You'll sit down, your assistant waiter will go get you whatever drinks you ask for.

Then you'll get menus, and bread rolls.

Then a wine list will come over with the wine waiter.

You'll order, have some more bread rolls

Starters will come

Pause whilst they're collected

Mains will come

Pause whilst they're collected

Dessert menu comes around, have a look, order.

Desserts will come.

Then the coffee and liqueurs menu to finish off!

It's a pretty big production, so sit back and enjoy it ;)

I would say two hours is a bit of a stretch (unless you want it to be). Normally has taken our table around 1-1/2 hours - you can ask your waiter to hurry along; especially if you are seated at a table for two. Would not do that at a larger table, as that would possibly not be what the majority wanted.

If it's just the two of you, probably a bit over 1 hour....but, hell...you're on vacation! If you're seated with others, you will be chatting and having fun, so even if it takes a bit longer, it's still fun...not an issue!

I'm not complaining about the time... :p

I'm just trying to figure out a good time to make reservations on the nights I may want to play trivia in the bar...

That's Cruise Critic for you. Almost any post can be perceived by some as a complaint. We usually get a table for two and so far we've managed to keep it under 90 minutes without asking. As others have said, they will speed it up on request. Have a great cruise.

At a table for two in the MDR, I've been out of there in 45 minutes. Granted, that was on a Princess ship but don't see why it would be any different on Royal. When seated at a full table for 10, dinner usually runs about two hours (or more, depending on how much fun we're having :D )

Hmm. We are a party of six, ages 56, 53, 29, 27, 26 and 6. I'm worried that my six-year old granddaughter won't handle a two hour meal. We are lucky we switched from late seating to MTD. Because there is no way she can last until 10:30.

We are a family of 6. 2 adults and 4 kids under 10. It normally takes us 1.5 hours. The only times it has been less is when we tell the servers upfront we would like a fast dinner and they have no problem getting us out in 60min. We have taken 2 hours before but it's because we had no where to go and we were having a great time at Dinner.

We have my time dining - looking to eat around 7:45. When I book our times on Royal Caribbean, it's says 7:45 to 9:45.

Does dinner usually take the full two hours? Does it matter if it's just the two of us at the table?

Yes. It takes at least 2 hours, if not more. But that could also be because I've always sat at a big table and we take advantage of the opportunity to socialize.

For a table for two, we found the later we went, the quicker dinner was served. I know we weren't at the table over an hour on any given night and that included a glass of wine or two. They wanted us in and out.

Hmm. We are a party of six, ages 56, 53, 29, 27, 26 and 6. I'm worried that my six-year old granddaughter won't handle a two hour meal. We are lucky we switched from late seating to MTD. Because there is no way she can last until 10:30.

You might want to consider mt family dining. They expedite the child's meal and AO collect from dining room, allowing adults to enjoy their meal at a more relaxed pace.

We average 75 minutes on table for 2 in MTD. That's for 2 starters, main course and dessert no coffee. Sitting down between 6.30 and 7. We do however, usually manage to keep the same wait team, which probably helps speed matters slightly.

You might want to consider mt family dining. They expedite the child's meal and AO collect from dining room, allowing adults to enjoy their meal at a more relaxed pace.

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. We will see how she does the first two nights. If she is too bored, we will look into it. She's pretty good at dining out. But when she knows she is missing out on fun.....

Do they supply crayons with the kids menu?

Dinner is planned to be a leisurely event. If you want to finish dinner sooner, just let your server know.

Thats about right.

We usually eat at 8 and end up getting "thrown out" at 10.30.

We enjoy the food, the wine and the company :)

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. We will see how she does the first two nights. If she is too bored, we will look into it. She's pretty good at dining out. But when she knows she is missing out on fun.....

Do they supply crayons with the kids menu?

Sailed last year with grandkids aged 6, 8 and 10. No crayons were provided with kids' menu.

Bear in mind that she can also order from the regular menu - or both - grandkids loved the chilled soup on the adult menu for example.

On our last Explorer cruise, we had MTD with the same time and table. The staff there were very efficient. We could have finished in 45 minutes if we wanted to. Our dinner was 60 to 75 minutes, depending on how long we took for dessert and coffee. However, we never felt rushed.

Hmm. I don't know if my 29 year old husband can handle that either. Lol.

They will also expedite the kids meals without My Family Time Dining. You just have to ask your waiter. The difference is you'll have to take the child to Adventure Ocean yourself.

MFTD is basically the early seating.

We are a party of 7, so not sure what size table we'll be at. Hopefully not with other people. We have 6pm traditional dining and I've booked our shows for 8:30 so I'm hoping we'll be able to finish dinner and get to the shows a little early without rushing dinner. I would think that many others for these 8:30 shows are eating early as well so I think we'll be ok.