Transatlantic crossing Bermuda to Scotland and Ireland

Cruizann

My DH and I are wondering what the weather might be like on the 6 day transatlantic crossing between Bermuda and Scotland. We are thinking probably warm for the first 2 to 3 days and then quite probably coolish 50F and wet probably for the remaining 3 to 4 days. Is this likely? Thank you for your help.

My DH and I are wondering what the weather might be like on the 6 day transatlantic crossing between Bermuda and Scotland. We are thinking probably warm for the first 2 to 3 days and then quite probably coolish 50F and wet probably for the remaining 3 to 4 days. Is this likely? Thank you for your help.

Could be from one end of the spectrum to the other. There is no way to tell.

The Atlantic is notorius for rough seas. We have had beautiful weather and have had bad storms.

When we left Bermuda it was downright cold! :eek:

We did this trip and after we left Bermuda it was cool, not pool weather. On our crossing the seas were not rough, but of course they could be at any time. Dress in layers, and have a jacket and/or sweatshirt to wear on board, as well as in Scotland and the other ports. We loved the voyage.

This is difficult to say. We have done 6 TA's all have had great weather and calm seas.

But since we are going north, I am expecting rougher seas and cooler weather. Be

prepared for anything.

Greg

It would help to know WHEN you are doing this cruise. The fall or spring?

If in the springtime, I've had extremes on the same cruise - record cold temps going to record hot temps in May. Try packing for that! :cool: Layers are what helped but there were days when I wore a thin sweater and just about roasted. A thin rainjacket that you can wear a few layers underneath is a necessity too.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Hi There,

Today average temp in UK is 20 degrees, and lots of sunshine.

Similar situation for the East Coast of Ire inc Dublin.

The pond is quite unpredictable, so I would guess bring along a fleece or similar for the last 2 days. Also a Kagol for when you land in Scotland / Ireland.

Ok a little extra weight, but fingers crossed if all goes well, you won't need them, and continue with tees etc.

Joe:)

I've only been on one transalantic in 2008. It was spring and we went to Amsterdam with a stop in Bermuda. I remember it being rough leaving Bermuda and it was dreary most of the time. I don't remember spending much time up top on deck. It was warm in Dover and Amsterdam. I think it was close to 70 degrees.