Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Today was a day for relaxing and drinking mimosas! I did take the shuttle in to Tapachula, which was a good deal, I thought, at $10 round trip. I got off and wandered the plaza for ten minutes, taking photos, and then I got back on the minibus and came home! That was enough for me. An interesting agricultural area.

At lunch, one of the Indonesian stewards asked if I was enjoying my mimosa, and I said "First mimosa, then siesta" and he didn't understand siesta, so I had to explain the concept of a nap after lunch when it's so hot, and then he understood and told me the word in his language, so I guess it's a worldwide custom.

I did post about the Mission Hills wines on the other thread addressed to me, but I thought I would say they were a Chardonnay and a Pinot noir Reserve that we took to the wine tasting. They did travel quite well. We put some bubble wrap around them and sank them in the middle of our suitcases. Easy Peasy!

We are at Puerto Chiapas today. this morning we were greeted with "the eagle has landed by the captain". He had to swing around for whatever reason and there is only a 60 foot ability in this port to do it. So he needed to wait for daylight to be safe. which put us late for port by an hour. I was up and was watching and it was indeed tricky.

No worries that we were late arriving , our departure time would be an hour later.

Well, actually it's going to be a lot later as we are nearly an hour late as we wait for a late tour bus to arrive.

We are on lizzie68's balcony watching the entertainment by the dancers and waiting for a shore excursion to arrive. Wow, talk about taking your sweet time.

For sail a way addicts, the Captain has been blowing the horn as HUGE hint to get moving.

plumbers were here to interrupt LIzzie as again she has NO hot water. This is NUTS. I think she has had two hot showers in 11 days. seriously???

But since it is Queen Elizabeth's birthday, we toasted her name sake, Lizzie on the balcony as we wait for sail a way. Mind you, we would never call the Queen Lizzie of course.

And a little birdie told me that another roll call member may be going to a hosted dinner - sapper1 has been asked :) how cool is that? I hope she will post later afterwards and share her experience :)

We tooted yesterday when we were leaving puerto Quetzal, and we just tooted now, I think we are starting to move. Or at least we should be, any minute now. The Captain said we will be feeling "the motion of the ocean" tonight - hope so, it's been too smooth so far!

Waiting on Lizzie's verandah with Kazu, Sapper1 and our DHs. Sailaway from Puerto Chiapas delayed awaiting a ship's shore excursion which is late. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One time when we were in Puerto Chiapas, one of the buses got stuck in the mud and we had to wait over 2 hours for that group to get back.

We've had an invitation to a reception this evening, it says it is from "Captain Rens van Ferten" (sic) and the HD, Mark Pells. How funny is that? I guess it is a Mariners' reception. We will go, anyway, but it is going to be on the Observation Deck. I am going down to the shops now that we are sailing to see if I can find something lighter than the tops I have to go with my linen slacks. Formal at 90 degrees will be no fun!

We've had an invitation to a reception this evening, it says it is from "Captain Rens van Ferten" (sic) and the HD, Mark Pells. How funny is that? I guess it is a Mariners' reception. We will go, anyway, but it is going to be on the Observation Deck. I am going down to the shops now that we are sailing to see if I can find something lighter than the tops I have to go with my linen slacks. Formal at 90 degrees will be no fun!

no Ann, it is not a Mariner's reception. It is like the the VIP reception I think. You are 4 * so you should be invited.

We will see you there :)

no Ann, it is not a Mariner's reception. It is like the the VIP reception I think. You are 4 * so you should be invited.

We will see you there :)

We are 5 star Mariners and there have been times when we were not invited to the VIP parties.

And we have been to VIP parties when people sailing for the first on HAL were invited.

We are 5 star Mariners and there have been times when we were not invited to the VIP parties.

And we have been to VIP parties when people sailing for the first on HAL were invited.

Likewise, except I'm a 4 star. On my last cruise no invite yet other lower star Mariners were.

You have sailed quit a bit on Queen Elizabeth. Today I watched her older sister Victoria do herself quit proud with tooting going out of Ft. Lauderdale. I plan to be watching again tomorrow from Port Canaveral and Saturday (I think) from New York. Port Canaveral will be special since I'll be doing that as a port call next year.

Roy

Maybe it's just the luck of the draw :)

I'm not quite sure what this means. I've been invited to pretty much every vip party since I've been a four star. I have my theory about why I wasn't invited. I've been critical about one of hals policies on facebook and I suspect that is why. I mentioned it to my PCC and she was going to see if she could find out anything. That's the last time I've heard from her so I suspect I'm right.

Our invitation says "Observation Deck 10 Forward, Starboard side" - I was dreading being outside in formal duds, but I went up to look, and they are setting up in the Captain's Corner, on the port side of the Crow's Nest! (Sigh of relief). Or maybe we are relegated to the great outdoors and the a/c is only for 5 star!

The invitation for the Mariners' reception and lunch has also arrived. This ship is more organized than the Maasdam was on our last cruise.

What wonderful memories you all are making for yourselves, and those of us reading! I wish there was a 'LIKE' button on these forums! Great pictures, and videos. Every time I see the 'dancer', I do a doubletake, since he looks very much like my DH. LOL I know that the school appreciated your donation and your lovingly made/gathered gifts. Well done!

Our invitation says "Observation Deck 10 Forward, Starboard side" - I was dreading being outside in formal duds, but I went up to look, and they are setting up in the Captain's Corner, on the port side of the Crow's Nest! (Sigh of relief). Or maybe we are relegated to the great outdoors and the a/c is only for 5 star!

The invitation for the Mariners' reception and lunch has also arrived. This ship is more organized than the Maasdam was on our last cruise.

I think that it will be a big gathering Vict0riann.

for those commenting, Captain Gundersen once said there were certain ones that would be automatically invited and then they just threw darts :)

The Mariner's luncheon just threw a wrench into our cabin crawl as there are two of course and it looks like we are not going to see 0bnxshs get his medallion - grrrrrrrrr. I may ask if I can sneak in to cheer for him and Missy's Mom and many of our others on the roll call.

Now, here is service - a quick discussion with 0bnxshs and we have to change the cabin crawl time - afraid some might miss voice mails so I drafte a note which I will deliver to the cabins and when I asked the concierge if they could do it and the cost - she said no worries. I am afraid I am becoming a pest - and in fact that's how I greeted myself - asking for wine glasses, appetizers (or appies) and now copying a note. sheesh. They may just kick me off the ship.

Seriously, the notes are back already for me to get addressed to to the roll call - very, very impressed.

Captain van Eerten just did the Sail Away Gang proud with the tooting leaving Puerto Chiapas just now. Woohoo!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure he heard Mumsy's woohoo and that is why he kept on tooting :) It was a real show. Unexpected and I didn't get ready to record soon enough. We were enjoying it too much. sorry.

I've only ever been to one party that was outside and it's my favourite hal memory. I suspect they aren't outside very often. The ones I've gone to haven't been on formal night.

Probably because Mark Pells is the Hotel Director. How was the Meet and Greet with him in charge? Many times when I arranged the M & G on the Noordam, he outdid himself. Mimosas, bloody Mary's, champagne, the whole nine yards!

I haven't been keeping up much as we are moving...moving truck coming at 8 AM!

Probably because Mark Pells is the Hotel Director. How was the Meet and Greet with him in charge? Many times when I arranged the M & G on the Noordam, he outdid himself. Mimosas, bloody Mary's, champagne, the whole nine yards!

I haven't been keeping up much as we are moving...moving truck coming at 8 AM!

The M&G was great, but no drinkies! We did have 7 or 8 officers, etc., so that made up for it.

Hope your move goes smoothly!