2017 Cruises

bingo queen

Well I have to book the school holidays and coordinate with the kids school breaks. We are Just off the Regal. It will be a year in between as I have one child beginning college and have to find the funds. Also I m a big time planner/researcher.:D

Okay, I'm eating my words. Just got an email from Princess about their Australia-NZ 2016-2017 itineraries. :o Guess those Down Under can get their itineraries in advance at least. :)

Yes, for the Australian cruises. I've found 3 I'm interested in, and have narrowed it down to a particular sailing, but will probably pass on 2017 sailing as it'll most likely be too late to get my preferred stateroom-only 10 months out.

Have been told about Future Cruise Credits, and shock, horror-a suggested defection to P. & O. Australia doing their short cruises to build up my cruise credits. I'm not sure cruise credits from P. & O. Australia, are acknowledged by Princess Cruises, and I'm not happy with the challenges getting the basic information on the P. & O. website creates for me! No online deck plans showing cabin choices, and with my limited eyesight a printed brochure is a right challenge! (censored version, don't want to be kicked off the forum!)

My gut feeling is to sail in 2016, and book the cruise onboard, transferring to my local TA. I would know within the 1st 12 hours, whether future cruise is viable for me balance-wise.

Crochetcruise :cool:

I haven't received a thing from Princess about Australia-NZ Itineraries for 2016-17 yet.

I am Elite from Australia....I anxiously await for my email now.

Waiting for the Asia cruises also.

Better recharge my laptop as I plan what's ahead.

:p :D

II went onto the Princess Cruises website and searched for Australian & New Zealand Cruises, selecting the Golden Princess, and found the 2016-2017 cruises. HTH.

Yes, for the Australian cruises. I've found 3 I'm interested in, and have narrowed it down to a particular sailing, but will probably pass on 2017 sailing as it'll most likely be too late to get my preferred stateroom-only 10 months out.

Have been told about Future Cruise Credits, and shock, horror-a suggested defection to P. & O. Australia doing their short cruises to build up my cruise credits. I'm not sure cruise credits from P. & O. Australia, are acknowledged by Princess Cruises, and I'm not happy with the challenges getting the basic information on the P. & O. website creates for me! No online deck plans showing cabin choices, and with my limited eyesight a printed brochure is a right challenge! (censored version, don't want to be kicked off the forum!)

My gut feeling is to sail in 2016, and book the cruise onboard, transferring to my local TA. I would know within the 1st 12 hours, whether future cruise is viable for me balance-wise.

You get 2 cruise credits on Princess if you go solo. And Princess in Australia offer several 2 day cruises a year. PO Australia you only get 1.

Don't hold your breath for Princess to come out soon with 2017 cruises. They always wait until Spring for the following year.

This is one reason why I've booked other cruise lines. Princess takes WAY too long to release their cruises and some of us have to plan far in advance.

I agree. I have this year fully booked (Although there might be room for something in September-Needs to be North America though), and 2016 is booked as well, (again a possible opening for something July-September). I would like to start thinking about 2017.

I noticed your planned cruise in 2017. Sounds interesting. I may need to check that out.

• 3 months later...
It is so interesting that different areas are available at such different times. I am sure Princess has a great plan but I would like to see which ships are going to England from Florida. I think it is the Royal now.

I hope to time it just right and take a different ship back TA. Why fly when you can cruise?

Happy travels

4boysnana

I really don't think that will work out. Most of the cruise lines send their ships to Europe in late spring (April). The ships then sail European/Med cruise until they return in early fall (Oct). The six month layover is probably more than you prefer. The only cruise line that has regularly scheduled TA (back and forth) is Cunard.

BTW, we would do almost anything to avoid flying TA. Anything but booking Cunard.

Royal stays in the Caribbean. Regal sails to Europe in the Spring and returns in the Fall.

Edited by RocketMan275

Hey, I'm one of those looking at 2017 cruises too, and I disagree that it's too early. Princess told my travel agent that 2017 cruises (for Hawaii at least) would be released in May or June of this year. Here's hoping! I want to be prepared to jump on a cabin when they are ready to book.
and Drives Like Mario, I can get pricing information for Australian and New Zealand Cruises in January and February 2017. No other dates noted as yet.

Hoping the January cruise is same ship, around the same time in 2022, as it's the preferred itinerary for my 60th birthday cruise, and would be awesome if it departed a couple of days later so I was actually aboard for my birthday! THAT would be SOME Birthday Memories.

Okay, I'm eating my words. Just got an email from Princess about their Australia-NZ 2016-2017 itineraries. :o Guess those Down Under can get their itineraries in advance at least. :)

YES! Went in to my TA to make a payment today, and found the CRUISING FROM AUSTRALIA & ASIA 2015-2017 brochure, of which I promptly grabbed 2 copies for myself. I also found 2016 ALASKA & CANADA May-October 2016 Cruise and Land & Sea Packages brochure, so I promptly grabbed a copy. Haven't seen a Europe brochure yet, and never seen a North & South American brochure, totally reliant on looking on the website, I do get AU$ pricing though.

My TA checked my booking, and I have more On Board Credit than I'd expected. I knew about the AUD$55 for the cancelled cruise, well there's another $13 something listed, don't know if that's due to currency conversion variation or booking the Window Suite. I couldn't clearly see that area, am going to try and log in to My Princess later tonight, I discussed with the TA how I wanted it set up, so should be able to get in.

The TA also gave me the last day I could make my final payment and it would be transferred to Princess in time, she's working with my Pension Dates. I was shown what I could book re Gifts, Culinary Delights, and something else which I've forgotten, had some trouble reading the screen! Will adjust the On Board Credit Savings Spreadsheet to the new finish date so I know how much needs to be put aside each fortnight!

I jumped ship and booked with RCI for 2017 Australia. March/April 21 days, 13 days going around NZ then 8 up the coast of Australia.

Sailing single, I couldn't pass up the price. Older ship but $3,200 is super! I've been looking at NZ/Australia for years, 2017 will be the time. I know the air will be pricey, but the cruise portion is a steal.

I'm sailing the TA/Baltic on the Regal in 2016, but Princess really kills me with the prices. Pricing for Australia on Princess, the 12 or 13 day alone would cost over $3,000. for just NZ.

Edited by susancruzs

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone with inside info on when Alaska for May - Aug 2017 coming out? Getting keen to lock something in and start planning.

I am also waiting for the 2017 Alaska cruises. I need to book an accessible suite and I don't know how many are available and how fast they go. Does anyone know if I need to be ready the day they come out or do I have some time?

Hey, I'm one of those looking at 2017 cruises too, and I disagree that it's too early. Princess told my travel agent that 2017 cruises (for Hawaii at least) would be released in May or June of this year. Here's hoping! I want to be prepared to jump on a cabin when they are ready to book.

Reviewed Jan.-April 2017 for Hawaii but Princess site would only let me save the site not a cabin. TA said end of Sept. 2015.