New Internet Plan

jeffregpuck

I was just looking on NCL's website, and I see a new plan available. As much as I hate to work while on vaca....as a Realtor, I feel more stressed out not knowing what is going on with my customers and properties, so I do check my email and other things frequently. Sometimes I even have to send attachments and things that take a while to load.

Soooo....I noticed that NCL is now offering an "unlimited" internet plan. Has anyone purchased this yet? If so....are you limited to one device? Could I use my laptop while in the cabin, but my tablet elsewhere on the ship?

Also...does anyone know if it is available on the Pearl??

1727995966_NCLInternetpolicy.jpg.614405ebfe4cf9d6a3375cf576687e55.jpg

I was just looking on NCL's website, and I see a new plan available. As much as I hate to work while on vaca....as a Realtor, I feel more stressed out not knowing what is going on with my customers and properties, so I do check my email and other things frequently. Sometimes I even have to send attachments and things that take a while to load.

Soooo....I noticed that NCL is now offering an "unlimited" internet plan. Has anyone purchased this yet? If so....are you limited to one device? Could I use my laptop while in the cabin, but my tablet elsewhere on the ship?

Also...does anyone know if it is available on the Pearl??

Wow, it used to be 250 min. for $100.00. Now it's $125.00 for a 7 day cruise.

$174.93 for unlimited for a 7 day cruise.

Plus that stupid $3.95 fee - which really, there is no need for.

Harriet

Due to various work obligations that I had to manage while on my last cruise, I ended up buying THREE of the 100 minutes packages, and then a 30 minute add on for the last night.

An unlimited package would have been great. I like this new feature.

I looked up the price on NCL website; its $19.95 unlimited for 12 days or longer. My 14 night cruise will cost $279.30; however it also says price may not be available on all vessels or on all sailings. Will have to wait until I board.

As much as I hate working on vacation, I have to. I always wind up buying at least 2 of the 250 minute plans, sometimes more than that (and that's just reading/replying to e-mails).

I'll be glad for the unlimited if it rolls out. Would be great for me.

Yes!!! Me too....I would have GLADLY paid $240 for my 12 night Europe cruise last year. I bought the 250 minute package, plus had two 30 minute bonuses and stretched it, but it was TOUGH!!!!

Due to various work obligations that I had to manage while on my last cruise, I ended up buying THREE of the 100 minutes packages, and then a 30 minute add on for the last night.

An unlimited package would have been great. I like this new feature.

Me Too!! Connection speed in the past is pretty slow, which eats up some minutes, especially in the evenings, but hopefully that will get better as technology improves.

I must not be looking in the right place on the website. I am trying to find if this package is offered on the Jewel. We will be leaving next Saturday and this would definitely save us some money. Can anyone give me any help?

I must not be looking in the right place on the website. I am trying to find if this package is offered on the Jewel. We will be leaving next Saturday and this would definitely save us some money. Can anyone give me any help?

I can't find what ships it is offered on either.....I'm trying to find out about the Pearl.

Connection speed in the past is pretty slow, which eats up some minutes, especially in the evenings, but hopefully that will get better as technology improves.

This was absolutely the problem. The all-in pricing will make this less concerning and costly.

DMH15 who is on Jewel now emailed me that she purchased it so looks like you will have it available. She also said the price was a little lower on day 2 ($149?) but that it wasn't offered again after the second day.

Last night on the Jewel right now. Enjoyed Internet for $179 for the week, multiple devices, 1 at a time. Worked great.

plan to try it out on Jewel this coming week. Will be nice to not have to watch the minutes being used. Typically very careful first few days and then end up with minutes to burn on last day. Unlimited will be so much easier.

I see the increase in price from $100 to $125 for the 250 mins plan is a way to get us to go for unlimited. I know I would definitely go for unlimited as I really hate watching my minutes. Another thing I hate is when I try to log out and the logout page doesn't load. When this happens sometimes, me waiting for logout page to load would count towards my usage time. Having unlimited would definitely make things WAAAAY easier.

DMH15 who is on Jewel now emailed me that she purchased it so looks like you will have it available. She also said the price was a little lower on day 2 ($149?) but that it wasn't offered again after the second day.

Am on Jewel right now. Speed is pretty good. My niece fell asleep using the internet so yes, unlimited is good.

Wife has to view the dogs on the Dog Spa cameras at least twice a day. 100 min plan will work for moi for that, plus a little of other things if desired.

I will know the true cost in 30 hours when I board the Sun. :cool:

Am I the only one who find it very "old fashioned" that they offer the various internet plans in minutes and not in used MB....? I have no need for the unlimited package, and in the past I have stayed away from the minute-packages they offer fleet wide, just because the online service at times is so slow that the minutes "fly away". I would definitely prefer to purchase an internet package that includes a certain number of MB (I believe that is possible on Getaway and Breakaway, but not on any of the other ships?).

Edited by TrumpyNor

Service

Price

Usage Fees

(Same charge for Internet cafe workstations or personal laptops)

Time Package Plans

Activation Fee $3.95

Pay as you go $0.95 per minute

Cruises 6 days and longer

250 minutes for $125 ($0.50 per minute)

100 minutes for $75 ($0.75 per minute)

Cruises 5 days and shorter

60 minutes for $24

30 minutes for $16.50

Unlimited Cruise Plan

$24.99 per day for cruises 1-12 days in length

$19.99 per day for cruises 12 days and longer

*Plan has to be purchased for voyage length

*Plan might not be available on all vessels or sailings

Price plans for Norwegian Breakaway can be obtained from the onboard Internet Café Manager

In Stateroom Access

- currently available on: Norwegian Breakaway, Dawn, Epic, Gem, Getaway, Jade, Jewel, Pearl, Sky, Spirit, Star, Sun and Pride of America.

Access available via wireless connectivity or with the use of ethernet cable (complimentary cables can be obtained from the Internet Café Manager in the Internet Café during posted hours.

Laptop rentals

Limited laptop rentals are subject to availability.

Laptop insurance - $3 per day (optional)

Access to printing

(From cafe workstations or Laptops)

$0.50 per document

Breakaway's satellite internet data plan was (is) based on MB data used and not minutes - which, of course, can be changed, back to minutes plan ?? - and is wireless access only. There are no user-accessible ethernet port(s) in the staterooms, AFAIK - wireless N routers are on 2.4 Ghz so no dual-bands yet and the ones in the public hallways are NEC branded hardware high up on the wall.

I used one of the small MB data plan 2 weeks ago and there was no ($3.95 or whatever) activation fee or charge to setup. Free to setup the account & then just log-in, go & surf (same for the iConcierge mobile App). What the BA will do on the next sailing & price plans, etc. - I do not know and assume no responsible for any & all such misleading info (

[*]/ end of disclaimer notice)

As of last week, the Unlimited plan was not available on Pearl, and the 250 minute plan was still $100. I found the speed improved a lot over our last cruise (Jade 2012). Still not up to broadband of course, but Jade reminded me of dial-up with a 1200 baud modem (yes I'm old).