South America 2017

Agents newsletters are starting to come through about the cruise now. Many are including the Star Princess South American cruises as well. They are much, much cheaper, not as long of course, but will make people stop and think .

If South America is the goal , then perhaps a flight over, land stay then a cruise could be the go .

That my thought process too David. Solo cheapest cabin is like $34k that dearer than 104 World Cruise.

David is the Star doing 49 day cruise or the standard 17 day and then 14 day cruise?

That my thought process too David. Solo cheapest cabin is like $34k that dearer than 104 World Cruise.

David is the Star doing 49 day cruise or the standard 17 day and then 14 day cruise?

17 and 14 days plus the repo cruise from and to LA 31 days

I browsing on a website and they had sectors loaded up for the South America trip

Rio to Sydney

21 February 2017

42 Nights

Sea Princess

Sydney to Rio

11 January 2017

43 Nights

Sea Princess

No idea on pricing. but the Sydney to Rio would interest me. They dunno if they get released same time as the 84 day goes on sale. I guess just have to wait and see. Any one else heard about these sectors.

Lol Rio Sydney..... 42 nights.... And what 3 ports lol

More than three ports

21 - 22 February | Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

24 February | Salvador, Brazil

26 February | Fortaleza, Brazil

3 March | Bridgetown, Barbados

5 March | Curaçao (Willemstad), Netherlands Antilles

7 March | Cartagena, Colombia

8 March | Panama Canal Transit

10 March | Puntarenas, Costa Rica

12 March | Quito (Manta), Ecuador

14 - 15 March | Lima (Callao), Peru

25 March | Tahiti (Papeete), French Polynesia

1 April | Auckland, New Zealand

2 April | Bay of Islands, New Zealand

5 April | Sydney, Australia

i dont think you can use an FCC as it'll be classed as a world cruise

How so. It doesn't go around the World. You can use a FCC on the Circle Pacific 75 day cruise. I don't see this as any difference. Oh well, will find out tommorrow.

How so. It doesn't go around the World. You can use a FCC on the Circle Pacific 75 day cruise. I don't see this as any difference. Oh well, will find out tommorrow.

when the FCC's came out they said they were only good for cruises up to 49 days to get the benefits and be able to cancel out before final payment

have you booked or know someone who has used the FCC on the 75 day cruise and still received the benefits

if you check the fine print of the FCC it says for WC or segments the deposit is reduced to 5% and the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3% is provided

when the FCC's came out they said they were only good for cruises up to 49 days to get the benefits and be able to cancel out before final payment

have you booked or know someone who has used the FCC on the 75 day cruise and still received the benefits

if you check the fine print of the FCC it says for WC or segments the deposit is reduced to 5% and the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3% is provided

Thanks for the information. I'm mainly interested in the sectors on the South America cruise, sorry I wasn't clear about that to use the FCC. I used a FCC on the Circle Pacific cruise sector.

I know you cannot use it for a World cruise or any of its sectors.

Edited by icat2000

Wow Sarah you were lucky that you could use it as the Pacific circle was still classified as a world cruise.. hopefully it will be the same for South America...

for us the 3% discount is well worth it... on the $18000 lead in price that should give us another $500 discount... we also have a spare FCC from last cruise...

hopefully by the end of today I will have 2 countdown clocks in my signature.

joanne

Wow Sarah you were lucky that you could use it as the Pacific circle was still classified as a world cruise.. hopefully it will be the same for South America...

for us the 3% discount is well worth it... on the $18000 lead in price that should give us another $500 discount... we also have a spare FCC from last cruise...

hopefully by the end of today I will have 2 countdown clocks in my signature.

joanne

I booked The Pacific circle sector one from San Fran to Sydney (25 days) directly on the Princess site and used the FCC. But

I am very conflicted at the moment. The pricing for me as a solo on the SA portion (sector - if they even offer it would be sky high). Also tossing up between that and the repo on the Emerald Princess back to Vancouver/and or LA. I can probably get a nice cabin for half the price. Oh decisions. I wait until I have all the facts i.e costs.

Edited by icat2000

• 4 weeks later...

Only for you rich Kiwis David, us poor Aussies have to stick with the likes of Princess and P&O. LOL.

Anyway folks, Princess do a fair job around South America, no major complaints on our 31 dayer on Golden Princess, Buenos Aires to LA in March last year.

Buenos Tardes, Senoras', Senoritas', Senors'.

Edited by NSWP

I just phoned Princess and she said they don't have brochures yet? I wanted to see what the other South America dates were for 2016 and 2017. Anyone have any info for those. Or an email? Looking at the 31 days..

les ... maybe you can give some hints as time goes by!!

Sure Gaz and Jo, we did not start in Rio as Princess had been having trouble with extortion by the maritime unions there. But we did shorex in just about every port. Ask and ye will receive only too gladly.

Edited by NSWP

I just phoned Princess and she said they don't have brochures yet? I wanted to see what the other South America dates were for 2016 and 2017. Anyone have any info for those. Or an email? Looking at the 31 days..

4-Dec-16 Sun CROWN 3652 17 South America Andes & South America LOS ANGELES, Manzanillo, San Juan Del Sur, Costa Rica (Puntarenas), Lima (Callao)(overnight), Pisco (San Martin), La Serena (Coquimbo), SANTIAGO (VALPARAISO)

4-Dec-16 Sun CROWN 3652A 31 South America Andes and Cape Horn Grand Adventure LOS ANGELES, Manzanillo, San Juan Del Sur, Costa Rica (Puntarenas), Lima (Callao)(overnight), Pisco (San Martin), La Serena (Coquimbo), Santiago (Valparaiso), Punta Arenas, Chilean Fjords scenic cruising, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Falkland Islands (Stanley), Buenos Aires, Montevideo, RIO DE JANEIRO

21-Dec-16 Wed CROWN 3701 14 South America Cape Horn Route to Rio SANTIAGO (VALPARAISO) Chilean Fjords scenic cruising, Punta Arenas, Beagle Channel scenic cruising, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Falkland Islands (Stanley), Buenos Aires, Montevideo, RIO DE JANEIRO,

4-Jan-17 Wed CROWN 3702 14 South America Cape Horn Route to Rio RIO DE JANEIRO, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Falkland Islands (Stanley), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Punta Arenas, Beagle Channel scenic cruising, SANTIAGO (VALPARAISO)

18-Jan-17 Wed CROWN 3703 14 South America Cape Horn & Straight of Magellan SANTIAGO (VALPARAISO), Puerto Montt, Chilean Fjords scenic cruising, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Punta Arenas, Beagle Channel scenic cruising, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Falkland Islands (Stanley), Puerto Madryn (for Punta Tombo Penguin Reserve) , Montevideo, BUENOS AIRES (OVERNIGHT)

1-Feb-17 Wed CROWN 3704 14 South America Cape Horn & Straight of Magellan BUENOS AIRES (OVERNIGHT), Punta Del Este, Puerto Madryn (for Punta Tombo Penguin Reserve), Falkland Islands (Stanley), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Punta Arenas, Beagle Channel scenic cruising, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Puerto Montt Chilean Fjords scenic cruising, SANTIAGO (VALPARAISO)

15-Feb-17 Wed CROWN 3705 14 South America Cape Horn & Straight of Magellan SANTIAGO (VALPARAISO), Puerto Montt, Chilean Fjords scenic cruising, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Punta Arenas, Beagle Channel scenic cruising, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Falkland Islands (Stanley), Puerto Madryn (for Punta Tombo Penguin Reserve), Montevideo, Buenos Aires, BUENOS AIRES

15-Feb-17 Wed CROWN 3705A 33 South America Cape Horn & Brazil Grand Adventure SANTIAGO (VALPARAISO), Puerto Montt, Chilean Fjords scenic cruising, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Punta Arenas, Beagle Channel scenic cruising, Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego), Cape Horn scenic cruising, Falkland Islands (Stanley), Puerto Madryn (for Punta Tombo Penguin Reserve), Montevideo, Buenos Aires (overnight), Rio de Janeiro (overnight), Salvador, Barbados, Martinique, Antigua, St Kitts, FT. LAUDERDALE

1-Mar-17 Wed CROWN 3706 19 South America Brazillian Adventure BUENOS AIRES (overnight), Rio de Janeiro (overnight), Salvador, Barbados, Martinique, Antigua, St Kitts, FT. LAUDERDALE

Taken from this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2206632 I believe they open for bookings on the 28 May

Thank you. I did a search and looked, so thats great.

I knew the bookings were opening up next week just before we head to the med. and our first time on the Emerald - 21 glorious cruise days and 6 weeks aways. Bring it in :)

Just a wee bit excited...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app