Not searching for cruises anymore

After Rcl updated their search engine I noticed I have stopped searching for cruises:eek: I hate their new website. The site keeps jumping up and down, changing to cruises I do not search for, even if I put in a certain ship or month and is so slooooowww….and the prices keeps changing within second or minutes:rolleyes:

Now I am searching at other cruise lines. Might as well try something new:o

( The two below I booked in November 2014 )

Wow, just because of the website?! I definitely think the design is better and have less problems than before. Could your problem arise from logging in from Norway? I have problems with the search when logged into the C&A part of the UK site but that wouldn't make me change cruise lines!

Hope you find good IT wherever you go - goodness knows what you will do if other websites have problems! Would you stop cruising if no website worked!? :eek:

I really like the new website. Some people really don't do well with change though I guess.

I don't mind the changes, once I figured them out. There is one problem, I always have to click that I want the website to give Canadian prices. When I return to their site it does not acknowledge that I already switched it and has reverted back to US pricing, forcing me to switch it back again for every individual visit.

I don't mind the changes, once I figured them out. There is one problem, I always have to click that I want the website to give Canadian prices. When I return to their site it does not acknowledge that I already switched it and has reverted back to US pricing, forcing me to switch it back again for every individual visit.

I found that as well. The old site kept me in CDN$ unless I changed it. Sometimes I go in to check a price without changing it to CDN and think that the price of my cruise dropped:) then realize that it is only 25% lower due to the US pricing.:(

Also searching for the resident rates is not nearly a easy as before.

I found that as well. The old site kept me in CDN$ unless I changed it. Sometimes I go in to check a price without changing it to CDN and think that the price of my cruise dropped:) then realize that it is only 25% lower due to the US pricing.:(

Also searching for the resident rates is not nearly a easy as before.

I have had that happen too, when I thought there was a price drop.

Web development can be very tricky. Developers have to account for different web browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc...) and many different versions of each browser. In addition to this they have to design for different computer operating systems and monitors. Major websites that have a lot of development money will hire testing companies to run the site through many different scenarios before releasing it. And even if it is found out that a website runs better or worse in certain browsers, developers will aim set-ups commonly found for "target" audiences.

Then when all is said and done final decisions are often made by the person signing the check and usually this person wants the website released sooner than it should be and usually that the decision making person has no clue about all of the variables involved. When an IT person tries to explain, even in the best layman's terms, glassy deer in the headlight looks usually appear.

The easiest sites are pretty plain. They work best among multiple platforms and can be easier for many people to navigate. But the more comprehensive a site is the level of design difficulty increases.

Finally, like every other field the competency of IT staff varies. I know way too many IT people who have many certifications that I wouldn't have them touch my computer because they are idiots. (Although as an IT person I do take care of my own systems.) I can't even begin to count the number of clients I have who have been told a load of BS from a previous tech person about their computer needs that happen to have large profit margins...

If you are having trouble with the RCCL site please try different web browsers and also make sure you have the latest browser installed on your system. That may help a little.

Edited by saraet4464

OP. I am with you. I would search a couple of times a day for cruises with resident rates or good deals as I have no restrictions on when and how long I can travel. The website has taken the resident rate search function away, so it doesn't show only cruises with the resident rates. I travel mainly in GS and above when I see a good deal but the new website makes it very difficult. I have an Alaskan in June and Oasis in September on Royal and have found some great deals on Celebrity and Norwegian that I have booked for the first time.

I have no issues with the new site -- I actually like it. But as a workaround for you, why not just use a third party travel / cruise website and narrow your search to just RCCL cruises? Once you find a few you're interested in, specifically target those on RCCL's own site?

Just a suggestion.

I watch with interest all these threads about the website problems and over the years I have not had a problem old or new with booking, making reservations, excursions, making payments or anything else. I have accessed on my laptop, my work laptop, my iPhone 6, and my iPad and I have literally never had a problem. I had to upgrade my Internet Explorer when they did the new upgrade to the website in order to view the cruise planner but once I did that I was ok! :cool:

I was looking into a few cruises for friends to book.... I can't get the new website to work for me... My searches for certain months or certain ships are not working. I am disgusted too. Not enough to leave RCCL but I have not been able to help friends look into certain cruises. I told them to call on the phone and that seems stupid to tie up the phone lines because the website is not filtering the cruise searches properly.

I'm not a fan of the website, but, it's working fine. In fact, with the new website I was able to collapse the three searches I regularly make into one.

You might think about trying another browser and/or check to make sure you are using the latest version of your preferred browser.