Time change

golfb4cruzing

We leave on Saturday aboard the Caribbean Princess. GC, Roatan, Cozumel and Princess Cay. Does anyone know if there is any time changing? Trying to figure out if I can wear my Eco Drive and not have to change it. It's a watch thing :) Thanks for your help.

Just off Caribbean Princess yesterday, from exact itinerary. We changed time the second night, back one hour, received a notice card on bed and was in the Patter. Stayed on that time till after Cozumel, then went forward an hour before Princess Cays (same thing). We did not change the extra hour for Roatan, there were several notices in Patter, on the pier, etc to stay on ships time. Not a big deal.

Yes there will be time changes. Your steward will place on your bed the night of the time change indicating which way to move the clock.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Thanks folks. I figured there would be time changes. Hate to miss the boat. I might just put the watch in Any Time Mode and then it won't get affected by the nightly radio signal. Maybe just pick up a collectible at the $10 watch sale. Have a great day.

ReedPrincess, how was the trip and the islands? We have excursions on all except PC.

I don't take my eco-drive radio controlled watch with me when I travel for precisely that reason. It's a terrific watch, but a nuisance when travelling between time zones. While I'm away it sits on my office desk, so it's got accurate time for when I return.

I've got a few other watches to choose from - I've been collecting for a while..

First holiday choice is my Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Professional. I've also got a nice Omega Seamaster (automatic) that I've had for a few years but I find the Tag more comfortable.

A fellow passenger recently warned me not to take my watch into the hot tub - I think that a watch rated at 500 metres waterproof should be ok - while on another occasion I alarmed a passenger when I took my (30m waterproof) Pentax camera paddling in the sea… still, it's very nice that people are concerned enough to mention.

Thanks folks. I figured there would be time changes. Hate to miss the boat. I might just put the watch in Any Time Mode and then it won't get affected by the nightly radio signal. Maybe just pick up a collectible at the $10 watch sale. Have a great day.

If you miss the boat hopefully the ship will still be there. ;)

LOL. You are correct.

Lake, I decided on a couple of Ritmo watches. I tried playing with the Eco and it was getting squirrelly on me. Not worth the hassle even though it's my go to watch.

LOL. You are correct.

In the Navy that distinction was made perfectly clear & was immediately corrected if using the wrong term! :p That distinction was ignored with the Love Boat & it would sound strange calling it the Love Ship. ;)

"According the U.S. Naval Institute, a boat, generally speaking, is small enough to be carried aboard a larger vessel, and a vessel large enough to carry a smaller one is a ship".

Edited by Astro Flyer

A ship is a ship. A submarine is a boat.

I have a Citizen Eco Drive watch but its not one of the radio controlled models so I don't have to worry about it. :) For formal nights I have a very nice watch but I don't normally wear it other than for special occasions. It's certainly not something I want on my wrist when going ashore.

Some of my son's friends were giving me a bunch of guff one day about wearing a watch. They said watches are old fashioned and people should just use their phones. I replied that I thought we had mostly moved away from pocket watches which is essentially what they had when using their phones to check the time. :rolleyes:

ReedPrincess, how was the trip and the islands? We have excursions on all except PC.

Thorouggky enjoyed our sailing. Didn't disembark in Grand Cayman as we've been there numerous times, so enjoyed the ship. Sorely disappointed with the new port of Mohagany Bay area, but most people seemed to enjoy the beach and shopping... We prefer COxon Hike and area better....so headed back to ship after about 20 minutes...and even.joked very quiet ship. Cozumel is a favorite for us - this time was over to Playa for lunch with a friend who lives/works there. PC was another all beach port...long, long, long line to get back on the later tenders - was oddly disorganized and time consuming compared to other tender locations. Some folks got in line around 2:15, and didnt get onboard till 3:45....and the bars and such were shut before two, so nowhere for water or snacks or anything. Be prepared! Next time we go, we'll definitely do a cabana....looked much more comfortable and relaxed! Pretty beach though.

Staff was wonderful. Just wonderful. Free day, helpful, entertaining - we were bummed to have to leave. Be prepared for a longer disembarkation than a typical Caribbean sailing due to Honduras is not being part of the WHTI, so everyone has to do full immigration upon return, not the usual walk-through of a typical Caribbean sailing..... Not a huge deal, just a side note. Have a wonderful time!! We thoroughly enjoyed our time!

Thorouggky enjoyed our sailing. Didn't disembark in Grand Cayman as we've been there numerous times, so enjoyed the ship. Sorely disappointed with the new port of Mohagany Bay area, but most people seemed to enjoy the beach and shopping... We prefer COxon Hike and area better....so headed back to ship after about 20 minutes...and even.joked very quiet ship. Cozumel is a favorite for us - this time was over to Playa for lunch with a friend who lives/works there. PC was another all beach port...long, long, long line to get back on the later tenders - was oddly disorganized and time consuming compared to other tender locations. Some folks got in line around 2:15, and didnt get onboard till 3:45....and the bars and such were shut before two, so nowhere for water or snacks or anything. Be prepared! Next time we go, we'll definitely do a cabana....looked much more comfortable and relaxed! Pretty beach though.

Staff was wonderful. Just wonderful. Free day, helpful, entertaining - we were bummed to have to leave. Be prepared for a longer disembarkation than a typical Caribbean sailing due to Honduras is not being part of the WHTI, so everyone has to do full immigration upon return, not the usual walk-through of a typical Caribbean sailing..... Not a huge deal, just a side note. Have a wonderful time!! We thoroughly enjoyed our time!

Thanks for the notes. Last time we were on Cozumel we did the ruins which was an all day event. I voted for Nachi Cocum but wife wanted to snorkle. I'm game. We aren't a fan of Mahogany Bay either. We just were on PC in November and that line back to the ship can be a killer. My birthday is PC day so it will be lots of just chill and beach time.