Internet fee for one time use to print return flight boarding pass

marcyjane

Yes it looks that way our cruise leave San Pedro Port. Close to the Queen Mary That is so nice of you. We can meet in the internet area. Our flights are at 3:45 pm Saturday so I have to print them at that time there are 3 of us.

Okay marcyjane, we can meet at the internet cafe at 3:30 pm Friday, that should give us enough time to log on and get to the airline website. This will save you a big head ache at the airport. We've had the horrible experience of the line backed clear out the door and without the boarding passes already printed it would have been far worse. I'll wait at the internet cafe managers desk for you. If anything changes just post it here, I'll check back from time-to-time.

ellieaire

Be aware that the Queen Mary is next to the Long Beach port, NOT San Pedro.... It's probably a 10-15 minutes drive.

We're taking the Princess shuttle from the airport to the ship. This saves on the confusion of how to get to the ship.

Unless you are flying SW, there is no advantage to printing your boarding passes on the ship. You still have to go through the check in line. My wife always insists on printing th passes at home whenever we fly anywhere and I have never been able to convince her that it saves no time - so we print them at home.

DON

Okay marcyjane, we can meet at the internet cafe at 3:30 pm Friday, that should give us enough time to log on and get to the airline website. This will save you a big head ache at the airport. We've had the horrible experience of the line backed clear out the door and without the boarding passes already printed it would have been far worse. I'll wait at the internet cafe managers desk for you. If anything changes just post it here, I'll check back from time-to-time.

ellieaire

Ok, sounds good and Thanks a much. By the way my name is Sherry. See you then. We leave Thursday morning headed out and will tour LA & Hollywood Friday before getting on ship Saturday. Have a safe trip.

Ok, sounds good and Thanks a much. By the way my name is Sherry. See you then. We leave Thursday morning headed out and will tour LA & Hollywood Friday before getting on ship Saturday. Have a safe trip.

Okay! I see that you're from Tennessee. My mother was born and raised there, she's 91. She grew up in Tellico Plains and all my cousins still live in and around Tellico. Many in Maryville.

Ellieaire

Unless you are flying SW, there is no advantage to printing your boarding passes on the ship. You still have to go through the check in line. My wife always insists on printing th passes at home whenever we fly anywhere and I have never been able to convince her that it saves no time - so we print them at home.

DON

Ok - I'm confused. What is the advantage of printing out SW boarding passes on the ship? You can check-in on-line, then print them out at a kiosk after you arrive at the airport. Maybe I'm missing something...

Okay! I see that you're from Tennessee. My mother was born and raised there, she's 91. She grew up in Tellico Plains and all my cousins still live in and around Tellico. Many in Maryville.

Ellieaire

Yes, I live in middle Tn. right between Nashville, Chattanooga. Thanks for your help. Also just check our flight leaves LA at 3:45 pm so I can't log in and print til 3:45 Friday is that ok?

Edited by marcyjane

Ok - I'm confused. What is the advantage of printing out SW boarding passes on the ship? You can check-in on-line, then print them out at a kiosk after you arrive at the airport. Maybe I'm missing something...

I am flying southwest and you can print 24 hours prior to get a A pass hopefully + you pay an extra fee to do that as well. :) Just always have so I have it in hand and ready to check luggage and go. Just me:)

On southwest, they can just scan your phone at the gate.

You don't have to print 'nuthin'

On southwest, they can just scan your phone at the gate.

You don't have to print 'nuthin'

This is what I've done lately on Alaska Air. Check in on the cell phone, and they scan the phone at the gate for the boarding pass. It doesn't get any easier.

I did have to download the app.

Edited by bigchid

You are right. The problem w SW is that you have to check in about 1 second after 24 hours before the flight or you end up in the last boarding group. What we do if we have to fly SW after a cruise is to pay for the preferred boarding.

DON

I check in on my tablet and don't worry about printing anything.

Then when I drop off luggage at airport, it gets printed. A couple of times I did print at internet cafe. Took forever but I had plenty of minutes left so didn't care. When we are in a port where Princess has EZ check, we use that , very convenient. Only in Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle

is EZ check available.

• 3 weeks later...

Ellieaire

It was great to meet and visit with you a bit. A big hug and thanks for meeting me and printing mine and my friends with me boarding pass and the internet cafe. Greatly appreciate it. Maybe will run into you again on a cruise soon.

Thanks a bunch again.:D:D:D

We like to print our Southwest Boarding passes ahead of time because we only have carry-ons and can go directly to the gate. But since we always stay a day later after the cruise, it is a moot point for us. We just print them at the hotel.

Since some are saying you don't have to print them at all, I assume TSA is OK with scanning them from your phone, too. What about tablets?

Since some are saying you don't have to print them at all, I assume TSA is OK with scanning them from your phone, too. What about tablets?

Yes, digital boarding passes are acceptable to the TSA in addition to gate agents.

From the TSA website: "Paperless Boarding Pass

The paperless boarding pass pilot enables passengers to download their boarding pass on their cell phones or personal digital assistants. This innovative approach streamlines the customer experience while heightening the ability to detect fraudulent boarding passes. Each paperless boarding pass is displayed as an encrypted two-dimensional bar code along with passenger and flight information. TSA security officers use scanners to validate the authenticity of the boarding pass at the checkpoint".

http://www.tsa.gov/about-tsa/security-technologies

From the SWA website: "Can I use my mobile boarding pass to proceed through the security checkpoint and board my flight?

Yes, your mobile boarding pass can be used to proceed through security checkpoint to board your flight. Simply show your mobile boarding pass and a valid form of identification to the TSA Agent at security to proceed.

To board your flight, scan your mobile boarding pass by holding your device with your pass facing the scanner. The scanner is located at the boarding door podium. Once your pass has been properly scanned, you will then be allowed to proceed down the jet way.

Please note that for readability purposes, you may need to brighten the screen setting on your phone".

https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/mobile_boarding_pass_faq.html

Edited by Astro Flyer

Highly unusual for a Princess cruise to embark in Long Beach. I just searched "Find a Cruise" and Long Beach wasn't listed as an option.

Long Beach or San Pedro. Sorta same same. If you search for a cruise most do not list San Pedro as a port location. Some don't even list Long Beach just Los Angeles. So mist people that don't live in California and even some of them myself included until recently assumed that San Pedro was part of the Long Beach port.

Long Beach or San Pedro. Sorta same same. If you search for a cruise most do not list San Pedro as a port location. Some don't even list Long Beach just Los Angeles. So mist people that don't live in California and even some of them myself included until recently assumed that San Pedro was part of the Long Beach port.

Pam is doing folks a service by pointing out the two ports are different and not "Sorta same same" at all.

If even one passenger corrects their travel plans, it's worth it to remind folks of the difference.

Pam is doing folks a service by pointing out the two ports are different and not "Sorta same same" at all.

If even one passenger corrects their travel plans, it's worth it to remind folks of the difference.

Absolutely! :)

The only time I've noticed Princess going to Long Beach was occasionally when in-transit & otherwise it's been at my "homeport" in San Pedro.

Edited by Astro Flyer