Quick questions about milk onboard

These questions may seem silly but as I don't drink milk or use it in my coffee, I have never taken notice of it. Am taking grandkids on cruise this summer aboard Liberty, and need to know about the availability of milk onboard.

Is it free or do I need to purchase a drink package and, if necessary, which one?

What is the availability: MDR, Windjammer, cafes, bars?

These questions may seem silly but as I don't drink milk or use it in my coffee, I have never taken notice of it. Am taking grandkids on cruise this summer aboard Liberty, and need to know about the availability of milk onboard.

Is it free or do I need to purchase a drink package and, if necessary, which one?

What is the availability: MDR, Windjammer, cafes, bars?

Milk is free in the restaurants and from room service. Don't know if bars even carry it.

Edited by clarea

Chocolate and white milk are available free in the Windjammer in the mornings.

I have also received chocolate milk in the MDR at dinner for my kids.

Maybe not the first night, but after that they always had it ready for them.

I have also taken some small cartons' to the room and put them in the fridge for an afternoon drink!

Hope that helps.

Milk is free. They have white milk and chocolate milk. You'll find that it's easy to get milk during breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Windjammer and MDR, but getting it at other places between meals will be more difficult. When my Grandson was younger, we would pick up an additional carton of milk as we left the WJ in the mornings and put it in the ice bucket (the fridge doesn't really keep it super cold) for later if he wanted milk. You can also order milk from room service.

Another milk location that I happily noticed when cruising with my toddler on the Independence last year: the promenade cafe has milk dispensers near the self-serve coffee.

I can also confirm that the in-room fridges are cool but not cold. It's okay for keeping it cool for an hour or two, but any longer than that and you'll want to put it in an ice bucket.

Bars will not have milk...only the dining venues...but they have plenty and it's included in your fare.

You can boost the cooling of your fridge by keeping the cabinet door ajar....the fridges are in a cabinet!

Hope it's ok to ask a follow-up question hear about the fridges. I am concerned about them not keeping milk very cold. We will be travelling on the navigator next month and I'll have breast milk and probably some ready-mixed formula that will need to be kept cold. Do they have real fridges that I can request to keep those types of items cold? Or should I just put the ice bucket in the fridge? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Hope it's ok to ask a follow-up question hear about the fridges. I am concerned about them not keeping milk very cold. We will be travelling on the navigator next month and I'll have breast milk and probably some ready-mixed formula that will need to be kept cold. Do they have real fridges that I can request to keep those types of items cold? Or should I just put the ice bucket in the fridge? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

They have real fridges they give for medical use. Send a request to [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse].

Check into how long fresh breastmilk can sit out safely, too. The length of time is quite surprising! If you bring a Medela bag + their ice packs, you would be good for quite some time without refrigeration.

Do they have non-dairy milk option? Like almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk?

Yes, you can get soy milk but you have to notify the special needs department in advance.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Health+%26+Safety&faqId=322&faqSubjectId=335&faqType=faq

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/otherNeeds.do

I think they will have soy milk for you even if you give them just a few days notice. I was able to get it onboard NAV with no notice even at the MDR and Starbucks (that's where I trie to get it)...the first night at the MDR it was goif to be hard for my assistant waiter to get (atleast time consuming) so I just opted to pass on it that night but he had it ready for me every other night at dinner!!!

I think they will have soy milk for you even if you give them just a few days notice. I was able to get it onboard NAV with no notice even at the MDR and Starbucks (that's where I trie to get it)...the first night at the MDR it was goif to be hard for my assistant waiter to get (atleast time consuming) so I just opted to pass on it that night but he had it ready for me every other night at dinner!!!

They have it available but notifying them in advance allows them to have adequate supply on board.

They have real fridges they give for medical use. Send a request to [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse].

Would the fridges in the stateroom be cold enough for insulin? There will be four in our stateroom, and space us already at a premium for a couple of small items.

Would the fridges in the stateroom be cold enough for insulin? There will be four in our stateroom, and space us already at a premium for a couple of small items.

I would not chance it. I'd contact the Special Needs email above.