Diner advertised in the baggage area at FLL?

phabric

While waiting for our luggage in the baggage area at FLL airport, there was a sign above one of the carousels advertising a diner featured on Diner, Drive-In.

We went there and enjoyed the food.

I have forgotten the name and would like to go back again.

Anybody know the name of this diner?

I just recently flew into FLL for a short vacation with my family and noticed that there was an ad for Grandpa's Restaurant at baggage claim. The restaurant is located in Dania Beach, Florida just west of Federal Highway (US 1). It's approximately five minutes south of Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport. The breakfast menu is excellent and they also sell baked goods. Had breakfast there with my best friend a few weeks ago on a previous trip.

Correct name is Grampa's Bakery & Restaurant. It is neither a Diner, Drive-In nor Dive; I am surprised they continue to advertise their long-ago appearance on that show given Food Network's (and Guy Fieri's) diminishing reputations.

OMG that restaurant review from the New York Times was one of the funniest things I've ever read!

I've eaten and Grampa's (for dinner) and I would never eat there again. :eek:

Re Mr. SunGlasses Neck--shameless promoter. His "special" on the cruise he had on Carnival a couple of years back, was cringe worthy. And I understand he treated fellow passengers and crew with disdain. I skip the Guys burgers when on board.

My parents ran into Guy in Italy... He was extremely rude when my elderly dad just walked by him and said, "I'm a big fan. Enjoy your vacation." Guy said, "Im trying to, but people like you keep getting in the way of that." Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk