Royal Princess Info

paddingtonbear

Hi

Never had an issue with rough seas around UK,

wind has been an issue, missed Guernsey as its an open water anchorage,

been late in to Dublin a few times,

Emerald and a few other ships have been trapped in port before but this has been last cruise of the season,

as such cabin location not a bit issue for me,

might visit either Edinburgh or Greenock do you know what you are doing these days

PS Snow and ice forecast for next week but only on high ground

yours Shogun

Shogun,

We will have been to Edinburgh so we will do what we missed the first time.

Greenoch I think we will do one of the local friends of Greenwich bus tours.

Stirling Scotland or West Australia or South Australia?

We stole all your names when we migrated 200 years ago : )

I haven't been to Scotland yet so if it is Stirling Scotland then no.

The post of mine above is ambiguous. When we first arrive this trip we will be going to Ireland then Scotland. Then England and we finish with the British Isles cruise. So when we are on the cruise we will be coming back to Scotland and get the chance to see things we might have missed the first time (just a few weeks before).

Edited by paddingtonbear

Can anyone tell me where on the Royal is the Crab shack? Can't find it on the deck plans. Thanks.

I believe it is set up in a section of Horizon one night during the week. You make reservations for it, and there is a small charge per person.

• Great week.
  • Cabin c314 / Caribe deck 10. Location 20 steps from elevators and stairs.
  • Balcony really too small for two people to "lounge" on provided chairs.
  • Piazza great use of space.
  • Not once did a crew member pass by without some personal interaction. Great crew/guest ratio.
  • Impressed by Horizon food court. Really exceptional.
  • Best place to dine when using Horizon is the aft deck on 16. Always attentive crew and open air dining.
  • Ship busy on sea days but you can always find a quite place to relax. Use deck 7 , forward for the old style wooden loungers.
  • Pool deck / giant screen great place at nite to relax. Used for several deck parties as well and it is really nice.
  • Never used Retreat or Sanctuary areas. They are attractive but even forgot they were there at times.
  • The BOGO hour in Crooner's bar, deck 7 , Piazza was a hopping place daily from 3-4pm.
  • Did miss the feel of the older style "big" multi level dining rooms. Allegra felt more of a low ceiling restaurant atmosphere. Service was great however , table 501 with JoJo and Ana.
  • Make sure to go for sit down pizza/antipasto at Alfredo's.
  • Formal nights really in name only. Many no jackets etc.
  • Enclave in Spa worth it if you like whirlpools/steam rooms/etc. Week pass $149.
  • Coffee card good deal since you can use for Gelato's as well.
  • Honestly I don't mind the coffee served on deck or Horizon. Always read about the "syrup" coffee but after 16 cruises I still can't complain about it.
  • You can get account print outs via a kiosk on deck 5 which makes reviewing your account very easy.
  • You do have to get to Theater and Vista lounge early for shows. Both venues very small for ship size. At least 15-30 min prior if you are selective on seating.

• Honestly I don't mind the coffee served on deck or Horizon. Always read about the "syrup" coffee but after 16 cruises I still can't complain about it.

The coffee served in the Horizon is dripped coffee not the liquid coffee people talk about. I suppose after all these years of complaints they finally did something about it.

• 3 weeks later...

[*]Coffee card good deal since you can use for Gelato's as well.

What!? Can you really use the coffee card "officially" to get gelato? I'm assuming a punch for a scoop? We have 1 card we have used on the past 2 cruises because DW likes coffee but only every now and then. If we could use it for gelato that thing would be gone mid week!

Yes, definitely can use the coffee card for gelato. I seem to remember a sign was posted on the Regal stating as such. Enjoy!

Recently on the Regal the price increased to $3.50 (it was $2.75 last year on the Royal) so now using a coffee card punch is an even better bargain. :)

Recently on the Regal the price increased to $3.50 (it was $2.75 last year on the Royal) so now using a coffee card punch is an even better bargain. :)

We shared a banana split for 1 punch. :D

We shared a banana split for 1 punch. :D

We usually do the same thing because if each of us got our own it would be like our meal. ;)

Sometimes they may want to put it in a cup to go however we prefer the oval-shaped glass sundae dish with more room for larger scoops & toppings. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

We usually do the same thing because if each of us got our own it would be like our meal. ;)

Sometimes they may want to put it in a cup to go however we prefer the oval-shaped glass sundae dish with more room for larger scoops & toppings. :D

Same here :D

I also enjoy sitting at the tables in and around the Gelateria while I'm eating and watching what is going on in the Piazza.

There is a special energy and vibe in the new ship piazzas. We very much enjoy sitting there too, watching people have a good time.:D

Is it just one scoop of gelato for a whole punch on the coffee card? And are they $3.50 each without the card. I'm not a big coffee drinker but DD would definitely eat the gelatos.

Also is the coffee card only good while there is a punch left on it or can you still get brewed coffee free after all the punches have been used?