Very Random Question

Hi this is a strange question to some , I am going on my first cruise in 5 weeks on Splendour OTS:).

I love peanut butter M&M's but can not get these in the UK, unless I pay silly prices.Will the shops on Splendour sell theses as America is RCI home market?

disclaimer: the answer will not affect my enjoyment of my first cruise', sad if it did !

Thanks

Nicola

Hi this is a strange question to some , I am going on my first cruise in 5 weeks on Splendour OTS:).

I love peanut butter M&M's but can not get these in the UK, unless I pay silly prices.Will the shops on Splendour sell theses as America is RCI home market?

Get friendly with some of the Americans on the roll call for your sailing and ask them to bring you some.;)

Get friendly with some of the Americans on the roll call for your sailing and ask them to bring you some.;)

EXCELLENT Suggestion

offer to trade for REAL Cadbury's the crap we get here under that name is just nasty

Excellent idea!

OP, I see you are already active on your Roll Call. Definitely ask someone to bring you some! IF (big IF!) the ship had them, they would be very expensive and as mentioned, not as fresh.

EXCELLENT Suggestion

offer to trade for REAL Cadbury's the crap we get here under that name is just nasty

The DH stocked up on Yorkie and Lion bars when he heard about Hershey banning commercial imports of Cadbury through LBB, so I haven't had to try this yet, but I think the time is coming:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/23/smallbusiness/british-chocolate-club/

disclaimer: the answer will not affect my enjoyment of my first cruise', sad if it did !

Thanks

Nicola

I was going to say just buy them in the departure port, but you're leaving from Spain. What about ordering them from M&M online? They have a service now where you can personalize M&M's and have them mailed to you. I wouldn't recommend doing that because it's super expensive, but I'm wondering if maybe you could order them and just not have them personalized. Not sure if they ship to you or if it would still be super expensive or not. My other suggestion is to get on your roll call and see if there's anyone coming from America who wouldn't mind buying you a big box at Costco and you can pay them back.

To the UK chocolate 'runners' - how about 'running' some decent stuff to advertise the UK's chocolate selection? - Green and Blacks (for example) beats the crap out of Cadburys - educate our less fortunate cousins overseas as to what real chocolate should taste like.:D

In western Canada, we have found British chocolates at some Wal Mart stores. I know!! :D:D:D

I don't know whether the continental supermarkets have hit Canada yet (I doubt it) - but - their continental (European) chocolate is superb and very reasonably priced.

Edited by SteveH2508

To the UK chocolate 'runners' - how about 'running' some decent stuff to advertise the UK's chocolate selection? - Green and Blacks (for example) beats the crap out of Cadburys - educate our less fortunate cousins overseas as to what real chocolate should taste like.:D

have not heard of Green and Blacks. Pray tell....I am always looking to continue my edumacation....

have not heard of Green and Blacks. Pray tell....I am always looking to continue my edumacation....

Read this and drool...

http://www.greenandblacks.co.uk/

Fair trade, organic, very tasty...

Doing some serious damage to a G&B Easter egg tonight:D:D (half price after Easter:D:D)

Edited by SteveH2508

Mmm... I have seen that at my favorite little farmer's market... have not tried it yet but will now. Expensive, though.

Ooh! farmer's markets - my favourite places (after cruise ships:D)

Proper meat - proper veg. - proper artisan produce - thankful that we can afford this produce and that we have a choice of 3 within walking distance every week.

There is nothing like developing a relationship with your supplier - our butcher at the farmers market raises and butchers his own animals. If we want a particular cut he will do it - if he has a carcass that looks particularly good for a particular cut he will 'tip us the wink'.

One week he said he had a carcass with a good looking rib-eye (marbling etc.). Ordered some rib-eyes for the next week - He was not wrong!:eek::D