When to book Europe 2016

I've been on many cruises, but this will be my first Europe cruise. For most of my cruises, I tend to be a planner, and book close to a year in advance when possible. I thought I would do the same for this trip, so I was anxiously awaiting the cruise schedules. Now that they are out, and I'm looking at Mediterranean cruises for July 2016, I'm surprised that many of the ships are nearly sold out of balcony rooms. If I look at some for this summer, in some cases there is more availability for this year than next. Am I missing something? I'm wondering if blocks of rooms are being held.

My question is when should I book for next July? I am picky about my cabin location so I want to be able to choose type and deck at least. I need a balcony cabin for 4 people. I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Book now. If the price drops before final payment you just have to call and get the lower price. If the price goes up you have saved money. You also get the best choice of cabins now. You can also change cabins within the exact same category without having your cruise re priced.

Book now. I booked my upcoming cruise for September last August so over a year ahead. The price drooped on mine and I just called and the lowered it. So if you know when, were and which ship and the cabin you want is available there is no downfall to booking now.

Another vote for now. I booked our Norway Fjord cruise for this August when the itineraries were released last year around this time. Except for the first few days of the original BOGOHO, the price has only gone up since then. And I was able to reprice and get the discount. It's almost double for the same room now.

If a better room location opens up between now and then, you can change rooms in the same category without having to pay the new rate.

As we Australians aren't eligible for price drops, I keep an eye out for a good price for a cruise that will work for us. My definition of a "good price" is less than $100/person/day for an inside cabin.

As we have the opportunity to fly to the UK in July 2105, about this time last year I started looking for cruises that would fit in with our itinerary but couldn't find a "good price". I was interested in a Mediterranean cruise out of Southampton but over a number of months I watched the prices continue to steadily creep up even further. I eventually booked a 12 night Baltic Sea cruise on Brilliance OTS at $150/person/day - our most expensive cruise yet! :eek:

Over the last 3-4 months I've watched the price of our cruise steadily rise to the point that it is now DOUBLE what we paid! :eek::eek:

I'm so glad that I booked when we did. :cool:

As we Australians aren't eligible for price drops, I keep an eye out for a good price for a cruise that will work for us. My definition of a "good price" is less than $100/person/day for an inside cabin.

We book through a US travel agent for that reason, now we can get price drops and we also get OBC gifted from the agency

Agree with everyone else. Book now - particularly if you are picky about your cabin. We do 2 or 3 Med cruises a year and always book early to get the cabin we want and have rarely seen a price drop, particularly on balconies.

You don't say which ship you are interested in but, apart from Harmony, the other Med ships in 2016 are not big and don't have a huge choice of balconies. We booked Brilliance for next June on the day it was released to get the balcony we wanted and the price has risen slightly since then. Some of our past cruises have sold out of the best balconies long before the cruise.

Book now as everyone said. I read a post recently where someone said, no one books launch prices, however, I always do! :) :D

I book with a large internet agency, same gal for 15 years! I get price drops, most times without having to follow up with them.

Sailing single, long cruises, I pay a premium price anyways, and I prefer certain cabin locations. Sailing with a different line next year, 25 day Baltic plus TA in Sept. booked it a month ago. Many sideways inside cabins are gone already. I have one of those this year on the Vision for my Med cruise, I like the different layout. I've had this Vision cruise booked for over a year.