Pride of America Owner's Suite Deck 11 change. No hot tub.

gwsster

I noticed a change today when checking out suite options. I have a OS booked and originally booked cabin 13000 but immediately changed after I read that cabin 13000 and 13500 had only 1 bathroom and no hot tub. I moved to deck 12. Today I was checking and noticed an added notation that deck 11 doesn't have hot tubs. I don't know if the OS on that deck never had a hot tub or if they are being removed. Thought someone might want to know if they booked a cabin on that deck and were expecting a hot tub. I copied the OS description below.

Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

Living room, dining room, private balcony with hot tub, bedroom with king-size bed and walk-in-closet, a double sofa bed, CD/DVD library, two TVs, luxury bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower and guest bathroom. Butler service and concierge available. (Staterooms on Deck 11 and 13 do not have hot tubs on the balcony and Staterooms on Deck 13 do not have a guest bathroom.)

Accommodates: 4

Total Approx. Size: 766-957 sq. ft.

Balcony Size: 164-387 sq. ft.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - cannot comment on 11th floor - only that we had the new owners suite 13500 last summer on the POA a and it was beautiful. We decided that with so much time on the islands that the use of hot tub would be minimal so we went with the 13 th floor and were so glad we did. The suite is brand new and very spacious ( been on six cruises NCL and RC, all owners suite) and have never had such a large balcony....... Beautiful to watch the Nepali coast from ..... The location was very quiet and the two balconys ( almost a deck in itself were just huge)

I guess it all depends on the importance of a hot tub...... Enjoy your trip

Hi there - cannot comment on 11th floor - only that we had the new owners suite 13500 last summer on the POA a and it was beautiful. We decided that with so much time on the islands that the use of hot tub would be minimal so we went with the 13 th floor and were so glad we did. The suite is brand new and very spacious ( been on six cruises NCL and RC, all owners suite) and have never had such a large balcony....... Beautiful to watch the Nepali coast from ..... The location was very quiet and the two balconys ( almost a deck in itself were just huge)

We needed the extra 1/2 bath (4 women in the same cabin!) so moved the reservation from room 13000 to deck 12 SA category room that has an additional guest bathroom.

The reason I posted this was because Deck 13 had the disclaimer that there was no hot tub. I noticed that now deck 11 category SA suites on the POA now have the same no hot tub disclaimer. I wanted those that may have booked that suite and were planning on a hot tub would be aware of the changes. I doubt if we will use the hot tub at all, but it is nice to know it is there and who knows NCL may be removing them slowly.

Edited by gwsster

Well, cabin 11500 had a tub back in 2008. Here is a picture. Where did you see the notation?

I did a mock booking to see if the rates had dropped for my cruise. (they haven't yet) and when you go to the suites area under the SA category there is an additional notation that there are no hot tubs on deck 11 and 13. When I booked my cruise the only notation was no hot tub and guest bathroom on deck 13. I have listed the information that I cut and pasted from the POA SA category below.

Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

Living room, dining room, private balcony with hot tub, bedroom with king-size bed and walk-in-closet, a double sofa bed, CD/DVD library, two TVs, luxury bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower and guest bathroom. Butler service and concierge available. (Staterooms on Deck 11 and 13 do not have hot tubs on the balcony and Staterooms on Deck 13 do not have a guest bathroom.)

Accommodates: 4

Total Approx. Size: 766-957 sq. ft.

Balcony Size: 164-387 sq. ft.

Edited by gwsster

Wow, that is interesting. Someone sailed in 11000 in March and there was a hot tub:

Someone sailed in 11500 in 2012 and there is a hot tub:

My guess is that the NCL information is incorrect about deck 11. It wouldn't be the first time. :rolleyes:

Wow, that is interesting. Someone sailed in 11000 in March and there was a hot tub:

Someone sailed in 11500 in 2012 and there is a hot tub:

My guess is that the NCL information is incorrect about deck 11. It wouldn't be the first time. :rolleyes:

Just the messenger, I noticed on April 18th, when I did a price check and noticed the addition of deck 11 to the disclaimer. The deck 11 disclaimer was not there when I booked on 3-17.

Folks booked into those cabins can call and verify with NCL.

• 2 months later...

Hot tubs being removed during dry dock in March 2016?

Much talk about what is changing and since drydock is now in San Francisco, they are making more changes than when it was supposed to be drydock in Feb in Hawaii.

• 1 month later...
Just the messenger, I noticed on April 18th, when I did a price check and noticed the addition of deck 11 to the disclaimer. The deck 11 disclaimer was not there when I booked on 3-17.

Folks booked into those cabins can call and verify with NCL.

I just upgraded to 11500 and verified with the PCC that there is in fact still a hot tub. When I asked if she knew if they would be removing them after the February 2016 dry dock, she said she didn't think so. I asked if they did, would those who booked be compensated, and she again said she wasn't sure, but that she didn't think they would even be removed. Now I'm scratching my head and thinking that maybe we should call back and switch to a Penthouse Suite and save the extra $2,000 if there won't be a hot tub in our suite come next May.

I just upgraded to 11500 and verified with the PCC that there is in fact still a hot tub. When I asked if she knew if they would be removing them after the February 2016 dry dock, she said she didn't think so. I asked if they did, would those who booked be compensated, and she again said she wasn't sure, but that she didn't think they would even be removed. Now I'm scratching my head and thinking that maybe we should call back and switch to a Penthouse Suite and save the extra $2,000 if there won't be a hot tub in our suite come next May.

I am hoping this is just a glitch. It is the loss of the 1/2 bathroom that I am more concerned about. That is the reason why I booked the OS, for the extra 1/2 bath. I wrote my PCC again, but I doubt he will have any additional information.

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked suite 13500 on the Pride of America. Can us tell us: 1) Does it have a separate bedroom with a door? 2) Is deck 13 front of the ship...rough riding? 3) Is there noise from the sundeck above? 4) Per your post, it appears to have a private balcony? Is it covered (shaded) or sunny (open air above)? 5) Is there a separate breakfast/lunch dining area for suite guests only? 5) Is 24 hr room service complimentary? 6) Is in suite dining service complete with white tablecloth complimentary? 7) Any other amenities? Thanks so much for your help!!!!