Civitavechia Transfers

Newbury newbie

Any recommendations for private transfers from/to the airport to Civitavechia for 4 people? Need to book a 2 Way transfer for our trip on Reflection this July.

Also, if we're scheduled to birth at 7.00am. What time are we likely to be able to get off the shop so I can advise our chosen transfer? We will have home bound flights scheduled at 11.45am.

We sailed out of Civitavechia on Silhouette last September. We took the train from Rome and found it a very easy and inexpensive trip. We have also sailed into Civitavechia. You should be able to arrange getting off the boat early if need be by arranging with main desk. Just explain you have arranged private transfer. You could probably be off by 8:00 or 8:15 with this giving you plenty of time to get to the airport.

Hope this is helpful.

Jonathan

RomeCabs is a great transfer service! You will be able to get off the ship very early, I think sometime between 6 and 8. You don't have to go through any kind of passport control there, as it is done on the ship. The drivers are sometimes stuck in a line at the port, so one of us went looking for our driver. Once we found him, we got in the car and were able to get out of the car line and on the road to Rome.

Edited by royalcruz

RomeCabs is a great transfer service! You will be able to get off the ship very early, I think sometime between 6 and 8. You don't have to go through any kind of passport control there, as it is done on the ship. The drivers are sometimes stuck in a line at the port, so one of us went looking for our driver. Once we found him, we got in the car and were able to get out of the car line and on the road to Rome.

Second for RomeCabs, we used them several times and they are great!

Check your roll call, you may find the other cruisers to join your transfer.

More people- less cost of the transfer.

It takes 45min - 55 min to get to airport. We had noon flight and we left just before 9 am.

Disembarkation is breeze, quick and uneventful, no passport control.

Edited by cruza

You might try the link below. For 4 people their ride share rate is 105 euros each way including bag fees. You would want to tip the driver. They will take you both ways. Their web site says they go right to the ship, I'm not sure? I booked them for October

civitavecchiacabservice.com

We booked a room at the San Giorgio in Civitavechia for the night before sailing. The hotel has a service that will transport from airport via van that was fairly reasonable for the three of us. Hotel is a mile from the port and they took a whole bunch of us on a bus. The hotel is lovely as is the town. We meandered along the boardwalk and had a nice day before sail away. We also have taken the train from Rome but not with our luggage.

Another vote for Romecabs.com We have used them several times and have always had excellent service. We've gone from the airport to CV, from CV to the airport, from CV to Rome, from Rome to the airport ... prices have always been reasonable, the drivers have been great, always on time ... never a problem. Last time we were in Rome, Mr Chew was very sick and we had to leave for the airport, and the driver took care of everything for me.

We would never recommend the train. We took it one time. It was extremely crowded & hot (it was July), you can't keep all of your luggage with you, and not only do you have to schlep it on & off the train yourself, there are stairs & long walks to manage in the stations.

Options for getting to/from the port in Civitavecchia from Rome or airport.

Train and private car service.

We used both - train from Rome to get there, then car service to get to FCO.

http://www.rometoolkit.com/airport/civitavechia_train.htm

We used this July 2014 - a little under 10 euros. Trains leave at least hourly. It wasn't crowded.

Then here's how to get from train station to port:

http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/get-the-port-from-civitavecchia-train-station/

As we had an 11:15 flight at FCO - we walked off ship a bit before 7, found the car service about 7:05 (we used my cab in rome)

www.mycabinrome.com and headed straight to airport. We were there by 8am. Car service was about 100 euros.

Have a fabulous trip!

Any recommendations for private transfers from/to the airport to Civitavechia for 4 people? Need to book a 2 Way transfer for our trip on Reflection this July.

Also, if we're scheduled to birth at 7.00am. What time are we likely to be able to get off the shop so I can advise our chosen transfer? We will have home bound flights scheduled at 11.45am.

If you are able to carry your own luggage off the ship, you can schedule your car for 7:15. Since you are sailing within the EU you will not have any immigration delay, you can just walk off the ship through the tent and head directly to the area where the drivers are waiting. I will also provide another vote for Romecabs.

Be sure to confirm the correct terminal for your flight. Many of the international flights use a separate International terminal with multiple security checks and it sometimes moves slowly.

Another vote for Rome Cabs. We have used them for several transfers around Rome, airport to city, city to cruise port, cruise port to airport. Every time they have been prompt, efficient and helpful ---- vehicles are all comfortable and air conditioned too. Worth every penny, to us anyway. No way would I try to navigate the trains with all our luggage in tow.

We booked a room at the San Giorgio in Civitavechia for the night before sailing. The hotel has a service that will transport from airport via van that was fairly reasonable for the three of us. Hotel is a mile from the port and they took a whole bunch of us on a bus. The hotel is lovely as is the town. We meandered along the boardwalk and had a nice day before sail away. We also have taken the train from Rome but not with our luggage.

Could you give me an idea of how much the San Giorgio charged for their airport transfer to their hotel?:)

We have used both RomeCabs and RomeInLimo and they are both excellent for transportation and tour guides in many areas of Italy. :)

Also, if we're scheduled to birth at 7.00am.

However, if you are scheduled to give birth at 7:00, you may want to head straight for the hospital. :D Sorry, I could not resist!

Edited by Iamthesea

Could you give me an idea of how much the San Giorgio charged for their airport transfer to their hotel?:)

I cannot remember exactly but I want to say 75 euro total. The shuttle from hotel to port was part of room fee and airport FCO - to hotel around 75 euro total for three. We had a woman driver who carried bags and drove fast!!

Another positive vote for Romecabs. Our driver was right outside the terminal at the time we set and took us straight to the airport. We had an early departure so was a bit worried, but had plenty of time to spare even with going to the place to get a VAT refund.

We used Bobs limosines for Rome transfers. Very efficient.

We've used them several times too--great service--we've heard it called Bob's Limos--they are not necessarily limos but also cars or larger vehicles for shared rides.

No one has mentioned the Coach service which is available from the port Shuttle drop-off. The coach leaves 9.15-9.30 am and travels direct to Rome Fiumicino Airport and then onto Rome Termini station.

Ideal for those with luggage and cost 20 euro/pp. When we used it last year many of the crew were also using the service - highly recommended.

You must reserve your seat via http://www.smartcruisetours.com just look for Transfers. They now also provide the service in reverse on selected dates.

Edited by mickey89

Must chime in with an endorsement for RomeCabs.

We have used them a number of times. Twice there was a necessary last minute alteration, once nature-induced and once self-induced.

In both cases they handled the changed circumstances with aplomb, and with a real concern that our needs were met.

Highly recommended!

I'll post a vote for this group - he picked us up in the rain, waited for us at the Vatican where he arranged a private guide, took us all over the city (did I mention the rain), waited for is at the coliseum, suggested a lunch venue on our short walk to the Spanish steps, and finally dropped a couple of wet tourists at our hotel. Memories !