Website glitch or do I really owe money???

Just off Liberty today. We booked a future cruise while on board. Booked 2 rooms, paid a reduced deposit ($50 per room) which was given to us as on board credit.

Logged into the website tonight to make sure the reservation was there and it said I have a payment due of $200 tomorrow.

Is this correct???? Did we not pay a deposit already on board? I thought the reduced deposit was a perk of booking on board.

Help! Is my reservation going to be cancelled? The email I show says final payment due Feb.

Edited by Jenhem31

I did call RC and the agent told me there's no benefit or reduced deposit for booking on board. According to Crown and Anchor it's the opposite. Who do I need to speak with to rectify? If the deposit was truly $300 we would have certainly paid on board. I just don't like getting the runaround and certainly don't want our reservation to be cancelled. Anyone have experience with this?

Since the OBC/deposit on your current cruise is a new program, the website probably hasn't been updated to reflect the new type of bookings.

I think you can probably ignore it, but to make sure your booking isn't cancelled by some computer, you should probably call them to confirm. (IMO):)

EDIT: Well that is idiotic on their part. You can ask to speak to agent assistance or resolutions. I would wait until tomorrow and try calling C&A. It is a new program, and they probably don't have a lot of familiarity with it. (and I haven't read all that much about it either.)

Edited by Coralc

Since the OBC/deposit on your current cruise is a new program, the website probably hasn't been updated to reflect the new type of bookings.

I think you can probably ignore it, but to make sure your booking isn't cancelled by some computer, you should probably call them to confirm. (IMO):)

Thanks. I guess I'll call Crown and Anchor tomorrow and see what they say? The agent I spoke with tonight told me it'll be cancelled tomorrow if I don't fork over $200. He probably already cancelled it since I argued with him![emoji87]

When I did half deposit on the phone it said I owed money still.. I called and they said ignore it. The date came and passed and it didn't get cancelled.

This was all from home though, not sure about booking from the boat.

Hope it works out for you!

It's a new program. I'm sure their website has not been updated yet. I'm sure 1/2 of their reps don't know what the new deal is.

Onboard you pick a cruise, they give you now or later onboard credit, your deposit equals your onboard credit. obc now: nonrefundable deposit. obc later: refundable deposit.

There, it's easier than selling used cars.

ps: short answer: glitch.

Edited by marci22

Their website has never worked properly in regards to onboard bookings.

Even under the old program when we would book a 7 day cruise onboard and pay the $200 deposit when I would log in it still wanted the full $500 or $250 per person.

Also it would not take a payment unless it was for the $500. I always have to call in to make an additional payment if it was less than the full $500.

Now with the reduced deposit sale you still have to call in to pay the reduced amount.

Thanks for the heads up-I've got exactly the same issue! Booked onboard last week and paid reduced deposit- payment of £300 showing today as due on the booking dashboard. On the phone to Guatemala as I'm typing! The agent is saying that we do have to pay the 300 or we will lose the booking. I'm really angry- as the impression we were given on the ship is that the £130 we paid was the deposit- but apparently it is a "decide now" payment which is then given back as onboard credit at the time or on the next cruise. To my mind that is deceitful on the part of the cruiseline as no mention was made of a full deposit being required, when we booked onboard- and the reason we did book then is that we would lose a smaller amount of money if for some reason we do have to cancel :mad:

I am now considering whether to cancel completely.

Thanks for the heads up-I've got exactly the same issue! Booked onboard last week and paid reduced deposit- payment of £300 showing today as due on the booking dashboard. On the phone to Guatemala as I'm typing! The agent is saying that we do have to pay the 300 or we will lose the booking. I'm really angry- as the impression we were given on the ship is that the £130 we paid was the deposit- but apparently it is a "decide now" payment which is then given back as onboard credit at the time or on the next cruise. To my mind that is deceitful on the part of the cruiseline as no mention was made of a full deposit being required, when we booked onboard- and the reason we did book then is that we would lose a smaller amount of money if for some reason we do have to cancel :mad:

I am now considering whether to cancel completely.

Call Crown and Anchor! It's a new policy. I literally just hung up with them! I'm now showing paid in full for the deposit we put down on board. Crown and Anchor will fix it!

I called them back- spoke to a different agent- he checked with 2 supervisors and they said should be OK not paying the balance (now saying I would owe £170 to make £300 altogether). However- he didn't sound too reassuring so I paid £170 to make it up to £300 just to make sure I definitely don't lose the cabin! At least if we do have to cancel I'll only lose £170 as the £130 is the onboard credit for that cruise!

He agreed that they don't really have any clear guidance on this new offer :rolleyes:

I called them back- spoke to a different agent- he checked with 2 supervisors and they said should be OK not paying the balance (now saying I would owe £170 to make £300 altogether). However- he didn't sound too reassuring so I paid £170 to make it up to £300 just to make sure I definitely don't lose the cabin! At least if we do have to cancel I'll only lose £170 as the £130 is the onboard credit for that cruise!

He agreed that they don't really have any clear guidance on this new offer :rolleyes:

You still shouldn't owe any more if you booked on board. Did you call C&A or just RC? Call C&A for sure! We didn't have to pay anything additional. I wish they'd get their stuff straight!

I tried calling the C&A number on the UK website but it went through to the call centre at Guatemala as per usual. Don't know if anyone has a different UK number for C&A. I would like to only pay £130- can think of lots of other things I could use £170 for! :)