Diamond plus

jobowl

We turn diamond plus on our next cruise. I have heard they give you a package or maybe mail you one. Can you tell me what it all includes.

Lapel pins and permanent luggage tags (that are very delicate).

We turned D+ in Nov and received luggage tags only in Jan. The lapel pins are handed out onboard your next cruise. They don't mail them anymore. The luggage tags aren't that sturdy. We'll probably use ours on carryon's.

Edited by BND

We turned D+ in Nov and received luggage tags only in Jan. The lapel pins are handed out onboard your next cruise. They don't mail them anymore. The luggage tags aren't that sturdy. We'll probably use ours on carryon's.

We turned D+ in March, so this gives us an idea of when to expect the luggage tags. Thanks.

The luggage tags seemed less than desirable to me. Aren't they just C&A logo tags with no place to actually put your information?

There was a blank side to the tags. I put an address label on that side and covered it with packing tape.

It took a few months to arrive for us. I'd suggest, unless you want the pins, you're not missing much.

Took a few months for ours to arrive also...and yes, I thought the same thing when I received mine...why is there no place to write address information to identify your luggage? Isn't that the whole purpose of a luggage tag?

Hadn't thought to doctor it up with an address label and packing tape as Bob suggested! :)

All I know is my luggage didn't get to my room any faster, even with the Diamond Plus tags affixed...:D

My husband received the luggage tags approx 4 weeks after we made D+ in February.

Just curious if it is one set per household? I was completely miffed it was not addressed to me, the one who actually makes every reservation, etc... :p

My husband received the luggage tags approx 4 weeks after we made D+ in February.

Just curious if it is one set per household? I was completely miffed it was not addressed to me, the one who actually makes every reservation, etc... :p

One set per household.

Funny...mine were also addressed to my husband! I was wondering if my set got lost in the mail.....:D

Everything listed on Royal Caribbean's web site is in my name ........but... it all is emailed and is sent to our house in my DH's name. Go figure. :confused:

We're still working on getting emails. Neither of us get any. I've worked with C&A for what seems like forever. Each rep says they have the magic fix........and we're still waiting. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

We will become Diamond Plus 2 days into our next cruise...anybody know if they will include you in tours and concierge lounge for the remainder of the cruise?

We will be on Oasis and I REALLY want the tours.

Thanks for your help :D

We will become Diamond Plus 2 days into our next cruise...anybody know if they will include you in tours and concierge lounge for the remainder of the cruise?

We will be on Oasis and I REALLY want the tours.

Thanks for your help :D

No. You are not recognized until your next cruise.

We turned D+ on the first day of a B2B on the Allure and I asked both the loyalty ambassador and the concierge. I asked very nicely if I could do the kitchen tour, and I was told most definitely no! It wasn't even up for discussion!

I guess it never hurts to ask, but don't count on it.