What are those scrambled eggs made of really?

crusinpsychRN

I've always heard they were powdered eggs. What that means or what it consists of, I'm not really sure. However, they taste exactly like eggs I've had on every other buffet ever. Whatever these "powdered eggs" may be, they seem to be popular on buffets.

The stuff they call eggs is one of several reasons I don't eat at the buffet.

You may get the same ones in MDR. Just a fresh batch

Unless you send it to a lab for testing you may not know the difference

Edited by limoguy1

Is there really a difference between powdered and a cracked egg, when scrambled?:p

Well, to me, I'm a little put off by the consistency of the powdered ones. I don't necessarily think they're totally inedible, I just rather not go there.

I don't eat eggs poured out of a carton...not sure of ingredients but they do not agree with me at all....and they just don't taste good! I usually eat a boiled egg or get two fried eggs if the omelet line is not too long:D

But...we are also used to fresh eggs from free range chickens...we live in a semi rural area..and everyone has chickens now:):)

Is there really a difference between powdered and a cracked egg, when scrambled?:p

Oh most definately. I have tried those powered eggs a few times--even tried doused in salt and pepper, also tried eating with a bite of sausage at the same time---just plain disgusting.

I eat eggs every day -- a cracked egg is an egg and tastes like an egg.

To the person that talked about going hungry...just because you are hungry does not mean you have to eat nasty food--hungry people also eat insects in some countries--should carnival serve that too ?

Oh most definately. I have tried those powered eggs a few times--even tried doused in salt and pepper, also tried eating with a bite of sausage at the same time---just plain disgusting.

I eat eggs every day -- a cracked egg is an egg and tastes like an egg.

To the person that talked about going hungry...just because you are hungry does not mean you have to eat nasty food--hungry people also eat insects in some countries--should carnival serve that too ?

Only if they dip them in chocolate first!

I must have eaten too many Navy eggs cause the ones on a cruise ship tasted fine.:D

haha hear that.

I mean dang, if we really looked deep into all processed foods and discovered all

the stuff in em- we would not be happy! :eek:

Safest bet.... grab the fruit!! Man hasnt screwed with it

Edited by limoguy1

Ingredients: Dried Pasteurized Whole Eggs, Non-fat Dry Milk, Vegetable Oil (may contain soybean oil or corn oil), Salt. (just add water).

Asked and answered....

Asked and answered incorrectly. The eggs are liquid pasteurized eggs, not dried and then reconstituted. I don't care for them either, btw.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Actually - I had the pleasure of having carnival serve me an insect in my Caesar Salad on my cruise on the Victory. There was an alive beetle in my salad - and this was not salad from the buffet - this was in the dining room - on elegant night.

Actually - I had the pleasure of having carnival serve me an insect in my Caesar Salad on my cruise on the Victory. There was an alive beetle in my salad - and this was not salad from the buffet - this was in the dining room - on elegant night.

Was the beetle at least dressed appropriately for elegant night? ;)

Edited by sanmarcosman

Bugs live on veggies, salads are made from veggies. If the salad is bagged, then they grab a handful, put it on a plate and move on. It happens.

OH! You got the upgraded salad with the protein infusion!

Edited by AngAndBoys