Self-Assist and FTTF

Therese S.

Does anyone know if Carnival still offers self-assist debarkation or did faster to the fun takes its place?

Seems like those that are driving home always get the last numbers to be called and when you're facing a 7 to 8 hr drive home, the earlier you can get off the better. A few years ago, I can remember not getting off the Carnival Spirit until 11:50, which made for a very late start.

We're thinking of trying the self-assist this time on our cruise in January if carnival still offers it. For those of you that have used this option, what time did you get off the ship? Was it difficult to maneuver your luggage thru the crowd?

Thank You

We just got off Victory Saturday morning.We booked a FTTF,and had to be in the dining room with Diamond and Platinum by 7:30.They were in a separate area behind us.They were out first,and then we were called.We were off the ship by 7:45,and in our car by 8 am,and on the road a few minutes later.To avoid the crowds we left our room about 7:20,and used the elavators.We had one large suitcase,a small suitcase,a carry bag,and a couple reusable shopping bags for everything we bought.No problems!:D;)

They call self assist by decks after the FTTF and platinum/diamond self assist get off. I suppose the trick is to be waiting in the corridor and not follow the rules to wait until your deck is called IF you really want to get off early.

The only way to be sure to get off early if you are not diamond /platinum is to buy FTTF.

We've literally been the first people to the parking structure 2 years in a row by having FTTF.

We've always used self-assist in conjunction with FTTF. If you want to get off the ship earlier, and are not Platinum or Diamond, I would get FTTF. On our last cruise, we were off the ship, had our luggage, and was waiting for our shuttle service by 7:15am

Does anyone know if Carnival still offers self-assist debarkation or did faster to the fun takes its place?

Seems like those that are driving home always get the last numbers to be called and when you're facing a 7 to 8 hr drive home, the earlier you can get off the better. A few years ago, I can remember not getting off the Carnival Spirit until 11:50, which made for a very late start.

We're thinking of trying the self-assist this time on our cruise in January if carnival still offers it. For those of you that have used this option, what time did you get off the ship? Was it difficult to maneuver your luggage thru the crowd?

Thank You

Debarkation Zone #'s are dependent on your cabin deck, not on where you live.

If you do self-assist, you will need to be able to carry all of your luggage off by yourselves.

IIRC, self debarkation for non- Diamond, Platinum, Suite or FTTF usually starts around 7-7:30.

We always do self assist. The latest we've ever gotten off the ship was about 8:30. You've got to carry all of you bags, so how easy it is depends on how many bags you have. I would suggest not having any more than 2 each and I would suggest they have wheels.

Debarkation Zone #'s are dependent on your cabin deck, not on where you live.

If you do self-assist, you will need to be able to carry all of your luggage off by yourselves.

IIRC, self debarkation for non- Diamond, Platinum, Suite or FTTF usually starts around 7-7:30.

I didn't know that about your cabin deck determining when you get called, thank you. Wonder if the lower decks get called first? To me waiting to get off is the worst part of cruising, some people like to stay on board as long as possible, not me, I want to get on the road.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Happy to hear self assist is still around.

Does anyone know that if you reserve FTTF, can you cancel without penalty before final payment?

We're sailing back to Hawaii, as this will be our 4th time, I think if we skip all the formal dinner clothes we could get away with two pieces of luggage each. Was going to try the self assist on our last cruise, but our travel agent was with us and was able to get us a early number, think we were on the road about 9:30.

So what I am hearing is that if you buy FTTF, you can get on the ship 30 minutes faster, and leave 30 minutes sooner, for a net amount of time of 0 minutes? All for $50.00?

Sign me up!!!!!!

Sure, I want to get on the road, but I also don't want to be in a mad dash, lugging my luggage, skipping breakfast just to get home 1 hour sooner. Just relax, and enjoy the last few minutes.

With FTTF, they will take care of your luggage correct? And you still get off the ship quickly?

Thanks!

If you do not use self assist, FTTF will have a low zone number. On our last two cruises with FTTF, we had zone 2. (I assumed Diamond, Platinum, etc. had zone 1.)