Onboard Solstice - Luminae

koolforkatz

Thanks for pricing on the cooking class in Murano....seems like a couple could go to dinner there for same amt so not sure it'd be worth it....class could be fun however! Hope to hear more,

wonder where all the nice, soft plush towels have gone....??? Not in AQ any more so I thought they would go to suites....the scratchy well worn towels are far from modern luxury.....too scratchy for even washing a car! Hope they improve towels...

First sea day, brunch menu posted for Luminae but we have Murano cooking class so will miss. Last night dinner was a bit hit and miss. For appies, I had the seafood stew which was very nice, husband had truffle risotto. Fabulous. Main kind of failed. We split the poached in butter lobster which was pretty decent. My seared scallops however were disappointing. Not seared enough and cooked too long. Chewy :( John had rack of lamb and said it was ok but not as good as Murano's.

I should have mentioned we may not have had Luminae embarkation lunch as they had a US coast guard inspection and had advised everyone not to show up until one.

We also only have Bulgari soap. All other amenities are Gilchrist & Soames. No problem getting usual afternoon canapes when tea cart is rolled around. Only tiny vase of flowers and have the usual tote bag because we asked for it.

Havent been to the Molecular bar for a coupe nights so will find out when they will be converting.

Off to cook.....

Just back from Murano's cooking class. Highly recommend! It was so much fun. Our chef had a great sense of humour and our group of 12 all got on well. Maybe it was the wine ;) we did hands-on prepping and actual cooking in Murano galley. Gives you a new appreciation for those preparing our meals. Hot and crowded! Well worth the cost which included wine pairings and recipe book. Three hours long.

Asked about Molecular Bar. Told it would be the new bar at the end of May and that it would be "completely different." :(

Thanks for posting about the toiletries. I wonder if you got the Bulgari soap because they are using it up. Seems like a small thing, soap. But I love Bulgari, and use it at home (Saks Fifth Avenue). It is harder to buy on eBay now that Ritz Carlton no longer uses it.

Have a wonderful trip.

Just back from Murano's cooking class. Highly recommend! It was so much fun. Our chef had a great sense of humour and our group of 12 all got on well. Maybe it was the wine ;) we did hands-on prepping and actual cooking in Murano galley. Gives you a new appreciation for those preparing our meals. Hot and crowded! Well worth the cost which included wine pairings and recipe book. Three hours long.

How much did it cost per couple -- similar to chef's table -- $275???

Any idea when molecular is closing?... on the 5/15 alaska sailing... affraid it might be closed....and if the new bar is not open yet....even worse

Hi... I am sailing on the week before you:)....I think Molecular will

still be open for both our cruises. I think it is changing over the summer.

Thanks for the updates.

I'm interested in that $90 to upgrade to unlimited internet.

We are Elite and, as far as I know, i t was $350 for unlimited on our 14 day Eclipse cruise last winter.

How long is your cruise?

I sure hope you're right!

We paid $209.30 for a 1 week and $244.30 for a 2 week cruise for unlimited Internet in Feb/March. You get 30% off the $299 or $349 as an Elite. Think it is 35% for Elite+.

We paid $209.30 for a 1 week and $244.30 for a 2 week cruise for unlimited Internet in Feb/March. You get 30% off the $299 or $349 as an Elite. Think it is 35% for Elite+.

Thanks!

I think somewhere in this thread KoolFor told me that the $90 was a mistake and it was $90 OFF the regular price.

Looks like for a 14 day cruise it'll be about $105 off.

$244 isn't exactly a bargain but it might be a nice convenience .

It's a great deal if you can't cruise at all unless you can keep in touch with your business at home.

I'm wondering. My husband always uses both of our elite 90 minutes. And then some.

Would they take off BOTH of our $90 credit toward an unlimited package to reduce it even further? My guess is no, that it's tied to an individual.

It's a great deal if you can't cruise at all unless you can keep in touch with your business at home.

I'm wondering. My husband always uses both of our elite 90 minutes. And then some.

Would they take off BOTH of our $90 credit toward an unlimited package to reduce it even further? My guess is no, that it's tied to an individual.

That's the same position we're in.

Thanks!

I think somewhere in this thread KoolFor told me that the $90 was a mistake and it was $90 OFF the regular price.

Looks like for a 14 day cruise it'll be about $105 off.

$244 isn't exactly a bargain but it might be a nice convenience .

Its not a bargain but it is much better than the $429 (minus $49.95) that I paid for 1640 minutes last September and the $399 on previous cruises.

Gordon

No they don't do that. We share the package but the current system only allows one log in at a time which is a shame as the old system didn't have that limitation. My wife usually uses her free 90 minutes over the first day.

At least in September we will each have free internet. It will be nice not having to ask if I can use my internet time.

Gordon

Internet accounts are tied to an individual's account and they even ask birthdate so I doubt they'll let you double dip on discounts however once and account is setup someone else cab login and use it just not at the same time as it requires (forces actually) you to log off another device to login.

With all the complaining about cutbacks on these boards this is actually a major improvement for Celebrity. First, you no longer have to go to the Internet cafe to open an account. You also no longer have to take or use coupons to get free minute and finally, the cost have come way down, especially for those who are heavy Internet users and frequent cruisers.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
I wonder if you could tell me what time your muster drill was on Embarkation day? I've never left that late so I'm wondering if it's later?

Our drill was the second day in Honolulu, not embarkation day, at about 4:00. We sailed at midnight.

• 4 weeks later...
I am sailing on the Solstice now en route to Vancouver, in a sky suite so thought I would post some observations.

First, able to upgrade from classic to premium but it was a flat $12 pp not $11.80. Then i realized the gratuity was built into the price. All drinks onboard show total price with grat built in so I find that a bit confusing at first. I guess this was because they have been in Australia for past several months?

Thanks for all the Solstice info! We are heading to Alaska in a couple of weeks. I was curious about the drink package costs. It looks like the Classic package is $55 per day and the Premium is $65 per day. Both including gratuities. Is this correct, as the $11.80 or 12 difference does make sense? I was expecting a $10 up charge (including gratuity). The numbers (55/65) came from a recent post which included photos of the dallies. Maybe I'm just reading the numbers incorrectly :confused: Thanks.

Thanks for the updates.

I'm interested in that $90 to upgrade to unlimited internet.

We are Elite and, as far as I know, i t was $350 for unlimited on our 14 day Eclipse cruise last winter.

How long is your cruise?

I sure hope you're right!

You may have missed his correction. He said it was actually just $90 less to upgrade than everyone else.

I am sailing on the Solstice now en route to Vancouver, in a sky suite so thought I would post some observations.

First, able to upgrade from classic to premium but it was a flat $12 pp not $11.80. Then i realized the gratuity was built into the price. All drinks onboard show total price with grat built in so I find that a bit confusing at first. I guess this was because they have been in Australia for past several months?

Thanks for all the Solstice info! We are heading to Alaska in a couple of weeks. I was curious about the drink package costs. It looks like the Classic package is $55 per day and the Premium is $65 per day. Both including gratuities. Is this correct, as the $11.80 or 12 difference does make sense? I was expecting a $10 up charge (including gratuity). The numbers (55/65) came from a recent post which included photos of the dallies. Maybe I'm just reading the numbers incorrectly :confused: Thanks.

Well I see that I'm not reading correctly. Upon further review, the $55/65 does not include gratuities so I understand the $11.80/12 up charge. Still, thanks for all the info.