Regal Mini Suite for 4 adults

baronessk

My idea of a Holiday Christmas Cruise is growing in popularity (this will be my 5th). I went by myself the first year. Now I've gone from my DM (84) and myself sharing a Mini-suite on Ruby, to her recently widowed friend, (so now 3 in a MS last year on Caribbean) to now a 4th that wants to go. Before you say book two cabins, I can get a very discounted rate on ONE cabin only. So my question to this awesome group is...have any of you ever shared a MS on Regal with a total of 4 adults? (I understand they are a bit smaller and I know the sleeping arrangements). It will cost us (as a group) the same to book two interior cabins (one with discount and one at regular rate) as it will for 4 in a MS. I like the extra room, the balcony etc. We usually book a mid-cabin, lower level and I am already concerned about the extra walking compared to the Ruby and the lack of the mid-ship stairs. My second question, is I have a list of the MS's that sleep 4. (They are limited). The only cabins left as I type this are: L220; L222; M222; M225; M329; M331; M523; M527; B524; B525 and B521. Any suggestions and guidance would be appreciated!!! Y'all get the blame/credit for my LOVE of cruising and PLANNING a cruise! Thanks!

As I said. I understand the sleeping. I was on the sofa bed last year. It's the new 4th person that would get the bunk. The whole thing is not that big a deal to me. I lived on my sailboat for 15 years. It's the group as a whole I am trying to "guide".

As I said. I understand the sleeping. I was on the sofa bed last year. It's the new 4th person that would get the bunk. The whole thing is not that big a deal to me. I lived on my sailboat for 15 years. It's the group as a whole I am trying to "guide".

While the sleeping arrangements might be tolerable (although at my age I can't imagine having to make a pit stop in the middle of the night while in a bunk :eek:), what about 4 adults using one bathroom? That would be a deal stopper for me.

I have to concur, I would prefer the 2 bathrooms in this case over the Balcony. The storage space etc would probably work out ok, if a bit cramped depending on how heavy you pack..

I also agree that two interior cabins would be more comfortable than a mini suite for your group.

I am assuming that you are trying to accommodate four women,some of them elderly.

The two staterooms would give you two bathrooms and some room to move in the cabin.

Consider sideways interiors as the layout of these cabins offer a bit more square footage. ( approximately 175 sq,feet).

There are some of these cabins located in the mid-aft section of certain decks (Caribe is one deck).

These cabins are in the vicinity of the aft stairways and elevators., a convenient location for moving about the ship.

Please consider this,while you have lived on a sailboat for years, have the others in the group?

If all your traveling companions are comfortable, it will add to the enjoyment of the cruise for all of you.

Unless everyone is a college student who is used to sleeping in close quarters, I would not do it. Too crowded!

Mini suites are great for 2 parents and 2 kids but not for 4 adults.

4 adults sounds miserable. Spend the extra money.

Edited by Coral

I tried to book I a mini for four last year and was advised by the princess rep that it was more affordable to book two minis in the lowestcategory as guarantee. At the time that worked out to be more affordable than booking two balconies. We booked the M F mini guarantees any were upgraded to M B minis side by side. We were able to open the balcony dividers. I think you have to go thru Princess for these guarantees. Give them a call. You will not be comfortable with four adults in the minis on the regal.

Ok all the other lines have their April 2017 Caribbean itineraries open for booking. What is Princess waiting for? So I have a deposit on royal Caribbean, but hoping I can switch to Princess. Anybody k n ow the holdup or when they'll be released?

This really comes down to a personal decision. Only you know how you will all do in tight quarters and whether the 4th will Be ok climing in and out of the bunk. You may want to consider whether you are you all on similar sleeping and waking schedules- Remember that when the 3and 4 berth are in use it may be a challenge to get out onto the balcony so that might be a consideration.

We have done 4 in a mini when our kids were younger once - after that we booked two rooms. Sometimes to save money we booked an inside and a balcony or inside and a mini so we had both the needed space and the balcony. We gave them a spare key so they could access the balcony when they wanted to.

In the end, pick the option you feel is best for you and your budget and have a wonderful vacation.

Ok all the other lines have their April 2017 Caribbean itineraries open for booking. What is Princess waiting for? So I have a deposit on royal Caribbean, but hoping I can switch to Princess. Anybody k n ow the holdup or when they'll be released?

Call Princess!

Thanks to all who chimed in. I was holding my breath that the 4th wouldn't be able to go and that is what happened. We are now back to 3 in the MS and that worked last year.

It is always nice when the OP returns with followup posts.

Thank you.

We had 4 in one mini-suite and 3 in the adjoining mini-suite with no problems. Last Christmas we did the Regal and were on the Lido deck so even though the balcony is quite small we just had to walk up the hall to be on the pool deck. The mini-suite has a large counter in the bathroom and we assigned each person a set of drawers in the bedside tables, hallway closet, and the room divider. We are doing our 5th Christmas Cruise this year and will have 3 or 4 in our mini-suites this year again. Unless you spend all your time in the cabin it works out well.