What's your favourite concierge class perk?

LuckiePuris

On our Eclipse cruise last April dw loved the little flowers in the room and I enjoyed the expanded room service menu (steak and eggs for breakfast on the balcony). By our Reflection sailing last November both were sadly gone. While expanded room service still shows as a perc, not sure what that currently includes. And oh yeah, the express luggage delivery didn't seem any faster than normal. Do enjoy those footstools on the balcony though, and not having to pack an umbrella and binoculars. Currently have 4 X cruises booked, all in cc. 123 all inclusive + onboard booking credit can't be beat.

Captain's club members (perhaps just Elite and above?) still get a bud vase first formal night delivered, regardless of cabin type.

We were captain's club elite + in aqua on last Fall's infinity TA...no flowers until about the third day when many elites received some.....we didn't.

Don't count on flowers.

Curt, how did you like Luminae ?

Hi Maggie,

I just posted a thread here about it.

In short, seemed great, though I didn't use it but for lunch and a visit with some folks I met there. Had I been sailing with others in suites, I'd have used it way more, but instead chose MDR to enjoy dinners with my friends. We even got "lucky" in that the Captain's Grandmother Vera was on board, and dined with us nightly. She was a gem and fun to travel with. She had photos of the Captain's quarters as well which was fun to see.

Edited by cle-guy

On our Eclipse cruise last April dw loved the little flowers in the room and I enjoyed the expanded room service menu (steak and eggs for breakfast on the balcony). By our Reflection sailing last November both were sadly gone. While expanded room service still shows as a perc, not sure what that currently includes.

Off my Connie TA, I looked into this. What I noticed was the Interactive TV room service ordering did not have the enhanced menu, but if you checked the Guest Services Directory, there was an enhanced menu in there, that could be ordered from if calling in the order on the phone.

I also found stationery, envelopes and postcards there, in other threads, I've read folks claiming it was gone, and I too thought the same, but then came across it in the binder.

Edited by cle-guy

What Perks?

Maybe, the footstools on the balcony.

I agree. I had to book my parents in a concierge because they need an accessible room and HP balconies are only on decks 6 and 7 and 7 was sold out. So to get a decent room--read: not on top of the theater---I had to put them in concierge on deck 10. Oh well. They really need to do something with these concierge class rooms. I can't believe they ever sell out unless the customer, like me, had no choice.

I agree. I had to book my parents in a concierge because they need an accessible room and HP balconies are only on decks 6 and 7 and 7 was sold out. So to get a decent room--read: not on top of the theater---I had to put them in concierge on deck 10. Oh well. They really need to do something with these concierge class rooms. I can't believe they ever sell out unless the customer, like me, had no choice.

Hi....like I mentioned earlier....I had a choice and booked one on purpose.

I got a very large obc for my upcoming cruise to Alaska.

We have been in 5 cruises and stayed in Conceirge Class cabins now with Celebrity and I cannot think of any perk which I wouldnt have done without . The only reason we booked these ones was that their position on the ship ,otherwise I dont think we would have bothered .

I would never,normally book concierge class. However,getting all 3 perks by booking CC made it worth it. If you number crunch what the OBC,drink pkg and paid gratuities amount to,it's actually cheaper than a 1A.

The footstools the're great too!

They do do something....they bribe you with 2 extra points per day....and with special offers.

We choose CC when the price is right. While on the last cruise we booked another cruise, the difference in cost even with the 123 was still high, so we did not book concierge. Then about a month later our TA showed us an offer: 2 weeks caribbean, concierge level, 12 and 3 perks and $850 less per person then Celebritys listing. THAT we booked!

I like CC but for us it usually isnt worth the money but when the pricing is good, then its fun. I sail one a year, its still very special to me. I love having the wine in the room. The little appetizers were a fun little treat......

Would I miss it, no. but its fun :-)

We like CC, location, footstool, flowers & regular table (not cocktail size) on balcony. We started doing CC for extra points but discovered we really liked the location best

Hi....like I mentioned earlier....I had a choice and booked one on purpose.

I got a very large obc for my upcoming cruise to Alaska.

HI Lois,

I should have been more specific I guess. I meant for regular cruisers who wouldn't receive anything like a large obc. In this kind of situation, with no obc or other incentive, I don't see the benefit of the cc vs the verandah.

HI Lois,

I should have been more specific I guess. I meant for regular cruisers who wouldn't receive anything like a large obc. In this kind of situation, with no obc or other incentive, I don't see the benefit of the cc vs the verandah.

Hi, in that case, I agree with you:) but I do see folks who prefer the

location of CC cabins so they book them (at whatever the cost).

Hi, in that case, I agree with you:) but I do see folks who prefer the

location of CC cabins so they book them (at whatever the cost).

Agree with Lois, location, location, location but everything else is really not a big deal....And the location usually only applies to M class ships, S class not so much.

Hi all,

Thank you for the time in your posts and feedback. We have booked CC as it was better value including all 123 perks, rather than a standard balcony with just one perk.

Sounds like the little CC perks we can expect will be nice little touches / bonuses, however from what I've read from your feedbacks, for us I don't think we would book CC for the CC perks alone.

Edited by LuckiePuris

CC for all 3 perks and on M class C1 aft balconies. After C1 aft balcony in 2013 on Summit, I will not cruise M class any other way. The balcony is amazing. I loved sitting out there, especially sea days but even while in port. I can't wait to be back in one this August!!

the pillow menu is a great perk for me, the body pillow helps my back pain.

Anyone in any cabin can request the body pillow or any pillow on the menu. In fact the menu itself is typically in all cabins within the "On board Amenities" booklet, that also includes how to order decor and cakes for special events.

A perfect example of "marketing fluff" in the Concierge program. You think you get a special pillow selection, yet even a lowly inside cabin can get the same.

We're cruising concierge class in March, and don't know a lot about concierge class in terms of personal experiences etc.

What's your favourite perk?

Points and good cabin location.

Anyone in any cabin can request the body pillow or any pillow on the menu. In fact the menu itself is typically in all cabins within the "On board Amenities" booklet, that also includes how to order decor and cakes for special events.

A perfect example of "marketing fluff" in the Concierge program. You think you get a special pillow selection, yet even a lowly inside cabin can get the same.

not in my experience, could not get a body pillow in any cabin unless we have booked a category that includes a pillow menus as a perk.

not in my experience, could not get a body pillow in any cabin unless we have booked a category that includes a pillow menus as a perk.

Every ship makes up their own rules.....no consistency at all on this (or many other things)

There is a very limited number of body pillows, so perhaps staff is just saying that when they are gone.

Next time in cabin, look for the "Amenities Booklet" it's about 5" square, nice full color cover, and has all the various pages inside it. I had it in both my Inside cabin and Aqua Class cabin on Summit both sailings last summer. It was folded to stand up on the nightstand by the bed. I'm looking at mine now, the cover, one may think it's just a Spa booklet. I didn't ask for body pillow, but did ask for tempurpedic (or whatever it is they call their version) and got one, but they couldn't locate a second. I've also been in suites where the butler and steward know nothing of a pillow menu.....then I show them.

Actually on careful look, certain pages in tiny print indicate suites, others are generic. Perhaps standard cabins don't include the suites pages all the time, though it's equally likely they make them all the same - more inconsistencies.

As often the case, it's all about a conversation with staff, and when told no, ask someone else later and get a different answer. YMMV, of course.

There is a very limited number of body pillows, so perhaps staff is just saying that when they are gone.

Next time in cabin, look for the "Amenities Booklet" it's about 5" square, nice full color cover, and has all the various pages inside it. I had it in both my Inside cabin and Aqua Class cabin on Summit both sailings last summer. It was folded to stand up on the nightstand by the bed. I'm looking at mine now, the cover, one may think it's just a Spa booklet. I didn't ask for body pillow, but did ask for tempurpedic (or whatever it is they call their version) and got one, but they couldn't locate a second. I've also been in suites where the butler and steward know nothing of a pillow menu.....then I show them.

Actually on careful look, certain pages in tiny print indicate suites, others are generic. Perhaps standard cabins don't include the suites pages all the time, though it's equally likely they make them all the same - more inconsistencies.

As often the case, it's all about a conversation with staff, and when told no, ask someone else later and get a different answer. YMMV, of course.

thanks, I can assure you I went down every avenue to try and get one, no joy on my cruises unless it is a perk that is described in the cabin catergory when booking. I end up asking for more pillows but sometimes they are even reluctant to offer those.