Low Beds on Grandeur

Are there "bed risers" available for beds on the Grandeur?? We cruise often on her and will be leaving again in two weeks. The beds are so low to the floor that it is almost impossible to get out unless you literally roll out. Are risers available to elevate the beds? Thanks!

Are there "bed risers" available for beds on the Grandeur?? We cruise often on her and will be leaving again in two weeks. The beds are so low to the floor that it is almost impossible to get out unless you literally roll out. Are risers available to elevate the beds? Thanks!

You may want to contact Special Needs at [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse].

My DW has mobility issues and when we sailed on Granduer we had to get not only bed riser but a toilet seat riser as well. They were cheerfully delivered and installed by the crew. BTW Grandeur, in out opinion, is the most handicapped UN-friendly ship in the fleet. Not only are the beds and toilets low but there are door sills that are too high for a mobility scooter to cross (ie lifeboat deck)

Can I fit my luggage under the bed?

I have been on the Enchantment, Explorer, and the Grandeur. I was on in March and could not fit my suitcase under bthe bed. I had read that if you can't slide it under lift the bed put it under and then lower the bed. Tried that and the bed was off the ground. Clearly these beds are lower and I don't know why.

• 2 weeks later...
The beds are pretty much standard height....I guess they will put risers on the legs of the frame, if you ask.

Just off Grandeur. Bed was lowest I've ever seen. Cabin attendant installed some sort of riser between bed frame and mattress. Barb

Can I fit my luggage under the bed?

I have been on the Enchantment, Explorer, and the Grandeur. I was on in March and could not fit my suitcase under bthe bed. I had read that if you can't slide it under lift the bed put it under and then lower the bed. Tried that and the bed was off the ground. Clearly these beds are lower and I don't know why.

Easier thing to do is open up the case. It takes up more room under the bed but it works.

We had the same experience. This was the only ship we have been on where suitcases didn't fit under the bed. Again, not quite sure why.

My larger suitcases do no fit under the beds on Grandeur. Taught by a cabin steward to place larger suitcases behind the sofa vertically. Takes up a bit of floor space but suit cases are out of the way. Works for me rather than being on the floor trying to make the suit case squeeze under the bed.

The beds on GR are lower for some reason. We have to put our large suitcases (29 inch which are deeper also) behind the chairs in our JS. Since we are so close to Baltimore and drive, we always take our large suitcases. I didn't know they could raise them, but my guess is they have a limited supply of risers.

Edited by BND

By my guess, about 2 inches lower than other RC beds. However, we use big (29 inch) hard-side cases and they fit fine when stored open. In fact, an empty case makes great slide-out storage for seldom-used stuff like snorkel gear.

• 4 weeks later...
By my guess, about 2 inches lower than other RC beds. However, we use big (29 inch) hard-side cases and they fit fine when stored open. In fact, an empty case makes great slide-out storage for seldom-used stuff like snorkel gear.

Will try this next time! Thx

I am going with two other ladies and we need the beds separated. Are the beds normally twin or do they have them put together? When I cruised on Princess we had a choice of how are beds were arranged before we arrived on the ship. How does RC do this?

I am going with two other ladies and we need the beds separated. Are the beds normally twin or do they have them put together? When I cruised on Princess we had a choice of how are beds were arranged before we arrived on the ship. How does RC do this?

Usually you specify when making reservation -(should be able to be updated) but.. if beds are not correct when you board - speak to your room steward, they will fix it by bedtime.

You can go online, under your cruise information, and select that you want the beds apart.

We had two rooms on GoS and only 1 was setup as specified in preferences. However the room steward was hanging around the hallway greeting folks and took care of everything by the time we got back from exploring the ship on our first night.