Freedom laundry?

There are no guest operated laundry facilities on any Royal Caribbean ship. We sometimes end things out and find the prices pretty reasonable. On 7 night cruises or longer they have a 'wash n fold' laundry special where you pay about $30 and they will do as much as you can stuff into the bag supplied. It's limited to basic items like shorts, t shirts, swimsuits and underwear.

I completely forgot to take a picture of the laundry pricing sheet when we were on Freedom last week. The prices have gone up significantly from the price sheet that is floating around. To have a long sleeve shirt washed it was $7.90 each piece. Pants were almost $8. This was almost twice what we had seen posted on CC.

There was the $30 bag special on day 5 (I believe).

I iron everything that needs it before we leave, roll every piece and hang them when we unpack. I hang whatever we plan on wearing that night, in the bathroom when we take our showers, and the wrinkles really do come out. 😊

Well poo. Do all the men come to dinner with wrinkled shirts?

No. They either pack carefully or send the shirt out for pressing. They now make fabrics that don't wrinkle you know. If it requires ironing I don't own it. Haven't had an ironing board in at least 35 years. We do own a steamer but it is rarely used. Wrinkle Release is great stuff as is steaming in the bathroom. Last thing I want to do on vacation is laundry and ironing.

I completely forgot to take a picture of the laundry pricing sheet when we were on Freedom last week. The prices have gone up significantly from the price sheet that is floating around. .

Same here and yes, the prices have went up drastically vs the list that is floating around on the internet. Two long sleeve dress shirts only pressed was like 8 or 9 bucks.

The last time i was on a cruise the stuff a bag wash special was only 25.00 too. I paid 30.00 this time and didnt get the laundry back until Friday night. Kind of worthless and I wont be doing that again. I will just take more shorts, socks, undies etc

With regard to the bag wash special, how long was your cruise and on what day did you turn in the bag? Also, what ship? I'm sailing Liberty in July.

I'm very interested in the special as I go through a lot of clothes due to the fact I go to the gym every morning and like to go in the pool and whirlpool sometimes day and night.

If it takes 3 days to get the laundry back, that kind of defeats the purpose.

Thanks in advance

Same here and yes, the prices have went up drastically vs the list that is floating around on the internet. Two long sleeve dress shirts only pressed was like 8 or 9 bucks.

The last time i was on a cruise the stuff a bag wash special was only 25.00 too. I paid 30.00 this time and didnt get the laundry back until Friday night. Kind of worthless and I wont be doing that again. I will just take more shorts, socks, undies etc

With regard to the bag wash special, how long was your cruise and on what day did you turn in the bag? Also, what ship? I'm sailing Liberty in July.

I'm very interested in the special as I go through a lot of clothes due to the fact I go to the gym every morning and like to go in the pool and whirlpool sometimes day and night.

If it takes 3 days to get the laundry back, that kind of defeats the purpose.

Thanks in advance

7 nights on Freedom. The bag came out on Wednesday morning and I got the clothes back late Friday evening when the cabin attendant did turn down service :) We really only had one more day on board.

Seems I remember next day service last time I used it but certainly not this time.

Edited by ryano

No self-service laundry and no irons either on board or allowed to be carried on board FOS. We rinse out our swimsuits and a few "delicates" in the sink using the "mystery gel" in the shower (or rinse it out in the shower). We then roll the washed items TIGHTLY in a towel to get rid of the excess water, and then hang them from the retractable line in the shower or use a couple of clothes pins to pin them to the back of one of the chairs on the balcony. If we use the balcony, it will dry while you are having dinner. It takes longer to dry if you use the line in the shower. We also use the Wash 'n Fold special because sometimes we spend a few days post cruise and this provides us with clean clothes. We've always said we will use the pressing service if necessary, but we carry a travel size of Downey Wrinkle Release, steam a few items in the bathroom and we've never had any noticeable problems with wrinkles. Just remember that everyone else will be doing the same thing so we just don't worry. We also pack things that don't wrinkle easily. We haven't ironed in years at home and I'm certainly not going to start ironing while I'm on board. I thought it would be an inconvenience on our first RCI cruise, but now I honestly look at it as an additional perk/burden of cruising...no laundry. :D

• 4 weeks later...

In regards to the $30 bag special... is that 1 bag per state room or can we get multiple bags? We are doing back to back cruises and there is no way for me to pack enough shorts, capris, shirts, etc for 2 weeks for 4 people.

Does the bag have to close? Is there an item limit - like "stuff the bag but not there is a maximum of 20 items"?

Thanks...

In regards to the $30 bag special... is that 1 bag per state room or can we get multiple bags? We are doing back to back cruises and there is no way for me to pack enough shorts, capris, shirts, etc for 2 weeks for 4 people.

Does the bag have to close? Is there an item limit - like "stuff the bag but not there is a maximum of 20 items"?

Thanks...

Talk to your stateroom attendant about getting multiple bags.

Thanks I will!! You are such a wealth of knowledge. I appreciate your willingness and kindness in sharing what you've learned with others. I'm thinking 2 bags per stateroom - we have 2 cabins - would cover us.

We usually give our stateroom attendant a cash tip at the beginning of each cruise just so he or she knows we appreciate them and all they do. This is in addition to the pre-paid gratuities that we pay. Don't know if it makes a difference in the kind of service we get - as we have always had exceptional service - but we think it's a good way to start our trip.

One year, we had a female stateroom attendant and she asked if she could fix my daughter's hair for me in a fancy style our 1st night... I said sure... and from that night on, she came around each evening before dinner to fix my daughter's hair - she loved her long hair and would put it up into different styles each evening. My daughter who as 7 at the time, would anxiously wait for her each evening and when she would see her coming down the hall she would smile a huge smile and hold her hair brush out to her. My daughter still to this day remembers it fondly and says that was one of the best highlights of that cruise.

Now that I know how long it takes to get your laundry back, three days!

I will not consider a cruise longer than 7 days without laundry facilities.

If you turn in the wash and fold bag to your stateroom attendant in the morning, you will usually get the clothes back by 5pm the next day.

Thanks...

Just a side note. The only items you really want to send are underwear, t-shirts, pj's, maybe workout clothes. They do not press them. I have sent out bras as well. The items do come back nicely folded but not hanging on hangers.

Usually given wash and fold bag to steward in the morning and had back at 5:00 following day. Would not use for dress clothes. I think it's intended for t-shirts, underwear etc. have found laundry and dry cleaning prices for full service to be less than I pay at home.

I have "rinsed" clothes in the shower with me and hung to dry in our room. Otherwise, take a body spray (I have light scented ones) and lightly spritz clothes. I am normally in my swimsuit with something over it anyways, so no biggie for me....

but, as others have said - no laundry room or irons/ironing boards.