Can we talk about "Blu" for AQ guests?

LuAnn

There used to be a $5 nominal charge for Suite guests to dine in Blu, but it is no longer enforced.

Before Luminae, Blu kept track of the number of Suite people dining in Blu, and the tips transferred from the MDR to Blu. On our last cruise, the Maitre'd in Blu was concerned with Luminae, they will lose the extra tips that go to Blu waiters. They keep track of the number of people the waiters service each night -- more people, more tips.

They don't care if you are AQ and have to wait for a table. The idea that it is space available for suite guests is not really enforced.

Sorry for taken up your table.I was so welcome to dine there on my last cruise and the waiter(August) was happy to see the $10.00 note on the table before I leave.

Our reservations also always say early seating.

The first time we were in Aqua I ran to the Maitre D' the first day to change it.

He explained that we could show up whenever it was convenient.

We normally eat somewhere between 7:30 and 8:30. ;)

It would be so nice if someday Celebrity could fix their IT system.

Among the many, many problems it should, after all these years , be able to figure out is that Blu (and now the suite restaurant Luminae) have no fixed dining times but also aren't Select.

How hard can it be to just add a Blu or Luminae box to check off or an automatic default if you book Aqua or a suite? I can understand how it can be confusing to a new passenger or for someone who books online.

How hard can it be to just add a Blu or Luminae box to check off or an automatic default if you book Aqua or a suite? I can understand how it can be confusing to a new passenger or for someone who books online.

Celebrity's IT dept has taken the random generator theory to a whole new level.... they assume (notice the first 3 letters) that if they randomly make changes to their website at some point it will be all good.

Maybe I should just randomly punch stuff on the webpage and it might give me a free cruise?

Celebrity's IT dept has taken the random generator theory to a whole new level.... they assume (notice the first 3 letters) that if they randomly make changes to their website at some point it will be all good.

Maybe I should just randomly punch stuff on the webpage and it might give me a free cruise?

Not likely to happen. It is more likely that you will be charged double for your current booking or the booking will be canceled along with any perks and OBC.

We just get of the Equinox. We had dinner in BLU every night at about 6: 30 - never had to wait. The only wait we saw was about 8pm.

And now you can order any dish from MDR menu in BLU, which we did a few times. We also met a couple that sailed in a suite and they were not told that they main dining venue is Luminae till 4 days into a cruise. And they didn't like the menu or the food there. Last few evening they ate at the MDR and Murano.

Not likely to happen. It is more likely that you will be charged double for your current booking or the booking will be canceled along with any perks and OBC.

LOL... I meant without a booked cruise.

I would never try it with a booked cruise, heck I don't do anything with the website but research. I then call and do everything with an agent. Has worked so far. I did have to hang up once and call back as the agent must have worked part-time in the IT dept....

We just get of the Equinox.

And now you can order any dish from MDR menu in BLU, which we did a few times.

That's a big change....I wonder if it's across all ships on all cruises.

We just get of the Equinox. We had dinner in BLU every night at about 6: 30 - never had to wait. The only wait we saw was about 8pm.

And now you can order any dish from MDR menu in BLU, which we did a few times. We also met a couple that sailed in a suite and they were not told that they main dining venue is Luminae till 4 days into a cruise. And they didn't like the menu or the food there. Last few evening they ate at the MDR and Murano.

That's a big change....I wonder if it's across all ships on all cruises.

Are you kidding?

Is ANYTHING that consistent???? :p

Edited by chamima

Are you kidding?

Is ANYTHING that consistent???? :p

You're right...let me rephrase....

I wonder if this is a new policy that will extend to other cruises on the equinox and/or to any other celebrity ship :)

Am also wondering if ordering from the MDR menu (in Blu) is a new thing. Logistically it does not make a lot of sense on the S Class ships since Blu's galley is almost a full ship length from the MDR galley. And the Blu galley has its own space limitations and does not normally duplicate MDR dishes. On a previous Silhouette cruise in Aqua we discovered that Blu has a "secret" menu of a few MDR items (which did not require much preparation). They include popular offerings such as Shrimp Cocktail, French Onion Soup, Escargot and Cheesecake. These items were not on the Blu menu and you had to ask (or perhaps a waiter might volunteer the info). But requesting an other items from the MDR menu (including all Entrees) was quickly rejected. We will not again be in Blu until this November and will look forward to finding out all the "rules of the day" that exist on that cruise :)

Hank

:cool::eek:

OK...I folded my tent and left this discussion...but I do have to come back for a brief "camping" experience..this is meant to be fun, right? The reason we all "do" CC???? To learn and help each other in this fabulous experience called "cruising"??? And it is fabulous, right? And we are so lucky to be able to "do it"!!!

It sounds like there are many problems with the Luminae experience..at least when it comes to lunch...or the lack thereof! And so many of you have paid for the experience that X is not providing. I get that...as do you!

So...please...let's be nice to each other...What you experienced on your cruise...may not be what I had on my cruise...that does not make you right and me wrong...or vice versa. We have EACH had a different experience!!!

I think that everyone is trying to figure out this "new" program with the "suites"....and it seems...everyone does have their own experiences of what happened to THEM or to ME.

So..."back to your regular schedule programming"!! :p:cool: LuAnn

Yes, the inconsistency is always consistent 100% of the time. ;)

:D

Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version Name: LikeButton.jpg Views: 0 Size: 8.3 KB ID: 348377

LikeButton.jpg.b45b6177cc3cdda7d03027c028aef4f2.jpg

Edited by chamima