Payments

I booked my first Royal Caribbean Cruise a month ago. I called today to make a $ 100 payment on the balance. I checked my account right after calling and find they about wiped out my entire checking account. I called back immediately to have them fix their mistake. I was told sorry it will be 5 to 7 business days until we can refund your money.

Has anyone else had this problem? They took the money within minutes but due to company policies they can't not refund immediately. thus has put me in a stressful hard situation. I am shocked at the inability to correct this situation immediately.

Has anyone had any luck elevating a refund for a mistake Royal made? A supervisor was brought in and it was sorry this is our process.

Feeling frustrated to say the least.

Have your bank return the money to them maybe? The bank will probably charge you a 35.00 return fee though.

I dont know how to tell you to remedy this. The last refund I got back from Royal Caribbean was back in my account in two days.

I thought there was some sort of protection for this sort of thing.

There most certainly should be. She didnt authorize the full amount so the bank can most certainly return the money to RC.

I just went through this with another company a few days ago. My bank charged me 35.00 return fee though

Edited by ryano

What amount did your confirm email show, you should have gotten that in a few minutes after calling. You will most likely have to wait the 5to 7 days. If you have to pay a bill call your bank and work it out with them

i can tell you that although i dont know what your payment was. i do know for a fact that if you use a debit card they will charge 15 dollars for every hundred you pay. and thats for anything through them. it usually falls off and gets put back on your account in 3 days.

They took $2,551. Which is a big difference from $100

:eek::mad:

This is dreadful!

How can RCI think it's OK not to refund the overpayment immediately?

Unfortunately it seems fairly indicative of the level of service from the sales team.

Whilst I love sailing with RCI their booking process is a pain in the proverbial. Non-functioning websites, interminable telephone on-hold periods, insufficiently trained staff, inconsistency of answers etc.

END OF RANT :)

i can tell you that although i dont know what your payment was. i do know for a fact that if you use a debit card they will charge 15 dollars for every hundred you pay. and thats for anything through them. it usually falls off and gets put back on your account in 3 days.

I used my debit card various times to purchase and pay for cruises... never had a $15 pending amount.

And as for the time it takes to get a refund back.. I had to cancel one of the two cruises we had in 2016 about a week ago. It took about 5 business days (7 total including the weekend) to come back to my bank. They can't cut the number down completely because some of the time has to do with your bank and how long the bank takes to process the money.. some take longer, some shorter.

Edited by beccaseraph7

It really has nothing to do with banks and everything to do with their internal processes. I set up financial systems for companies and have worked with accounting and bank card systems. A transaction can be canceled within the same business day. If a company makes a mistake they should be able to rectify it immediately. If I call and cancel I understand the wait that would be my fault for the canceling. This was their error.

It really has nothing to do with banks and everything to do with their internal processes. I set up financial systems for companies and have worked with accounting and bank card systems. A transaction can be canceled within the same business day. If a company makes a mistake they should be able to rectify it immediately. If I call and cancel I understand the wait that would be my fault for the canceling. This was their error.

Alright then. I was just saying what I have always been told.

I'm on your side here!

Good luck.

I agree with you, except that Royal does not give very many of their people the ability to give credits. I have an unusual credit situation too (credit card thank goodness), and they have agreed to give me a credit, but said it will be a couple of weeks before I see the credit, because it has to be approved up the chain. They have many controls on money going back to the customer.

Edited by clarea