My plan...will it work?

mitsugirly

I have spent just about all day coming up with a spread sheet and trying my "best" to finalize what I have at the moment.

Please let me know your thoughts...and if you see any discrepancies in the times. I honestly have no idea how much "time" is needed in each place to achieve what I'm trying to do, so I'm just "guessing" at this point.

DAY 1

Catch the #7 bus to Warwick Bay-Using my 3 tickets OR I could always just use 2 of the tickets and pay cash for the munchkin...$2.75 (since I found out that the cash AND token price is still the same for children no matter what...no use in buying the tokens). This will allow us to just get off the ship and head straight for the bus.

Hopefully catch the 11:20am bus and be on our way.

Arrive at Warwick Bay 40 minutes later around 12 noon I hope. I plan on taking a bunch of pictures (maybe 1/2 hour or so and then head over to Jobsons Cove).

12:30-1:30 Jobsons Cove time (is this enough time here?)

1:30-2:30 Stonehole (which I hear there are some pretty large Parrot Fish in this area) to Chaplin Bay.

3-5:30 (ish) spent at Horseshoe Bay and the "baby" beach/cove area.

5:30 Catch the $2.00 shuttle up the beach to the bus stop (this is of course if we decide not to stay and take a taxi back to the dockyard) and wait for the 5:50 bus back to the dockyard...using 3 tickets (or 2 tickets and paying the $2.75 for child).

6:30 arrive back at the dockyard.

Back to the ship, have a bite to eat, shower and change and some time head out before it gets dark and walk over to play some putt putt. Since they are open 7 days a week until 10pm, I figured that would give us something to do that night.

Now this will be the absolute first time I am considering this, but I just might decide to make the "evenings" just for adults and leave our munchkin back at the kids club. I would never consider this in the past, but I think it just might work out for us this time. So, we would be heading to play putt-putt with just the adults in the family. (Normally I would take her to putt putt because she does like it, but gets a little aggravated at times when it takes 10 shot so to make it in the hole, but she gets better each time. However, this isn't your "cutesy" type putt putt with the animals and caves and things kids like...just a replica of famous golf courses...so...nothing special there for her I guess).

WHAT DO YA'LL THINK? Good for a 1st day or no? Enough time spent at each place? Am I estimating enough time in walking from beach to beach and spending just a little time there or do I need to increase the time at each?

Day 1 looks like a great day Kim, though you didn't really allow for any meandering time from beach to beach. You will be taking tons of pictures up on the bluff..more than on the beaches themselves, I predict! But I think overall you will be fine with 5-6 hours. I bet you will find you do not need 2.5 hours at Horseshoe. I would really urge you to just enjoy the walk..make sure to stop and look at the gorgeous views, take lots of pictures. I think we were at Horseshoe only 1-1.5 hours and that was plenty. To us, Horseshoe was not the highlight but the final destination!

Lauri

You're arriving on a Sunday ?

There's no 5:50 bus to Dockyard from Horseshoe Bay on Sunday. The last #7 bus bound for Dockyard leaves Hamilton at 4:30 and would be at Horseshoe Bay at about 4:50. You may be looking at the Hamilton -Barnes Corner schedule. Those buses do not go to Dockyard. You need to use the Hamilton - Dockyard schedule.

Ugh, actually I was looking at the right schedule and for Sunday, however I was looking in the wrong column, I was looking at the "leaves dockyard" schedule instead of the "leaves Hamilton" schedule.

Ok, so we'll play it by ear that day and if we have to head up the beach hill and be at the bus stop before 4:50 and it doesn't seem like enough time, then we'll revert back to the original plan of just catching a cab back to the dockyard. I guess no biggie but thanks for pointing that out (and I guess that was probably my original line of thinking we would need to catch a cab instead of the bus back). :(

DAY 2

Hopefully catch the 9:30am orange ferry over to St George (45 minute ride)-using 3 tickets (or 2 for adults, cash for child)

10:15 arrive at St George and proceed to Visitor Center to get our hand stamped for the $6 hop on, hop off shuttle, which runs every 30 minutes and head to the bus stop by 10:30am.

10:30-11ish Bus to the Unfinished Church for some pictures and back to the bus stop at 11 to head to Tobacco Bay.

11:15-2:15 Tobacco Bay-we plan on eating here right before leaving so we can get our bellies full to tie us over until later that night...fingers crossedH.

2:30-4:30 Hop on bus to Achilles Bay at Fort St Catherine OR walk since I'm told it only takes about 15 minutes and is right next door.

4:30-leave Achilles Bay and head back to the Ferry to wait for the last ferry at 5:30

6:15 arrive back at the dockyard

HERE'S WHERE THINGS WILL GET "IFFY"

Catch either the #7 bus from the dockyard at 6:20 (yikes..not sure if we'll be able to make that) OR the #8 bus at 7:05 (makes more sense) and head to the sea glass beach asking to be dropped off at the Royal Naval Cemetery and following the directions to the sea glass beach.

Once I get some (hopefully) awesome pictures, walk down the street to Black Bay beach to spend the rest of the day and watch the sun set at approximately 8:25.

We will either catch the #7 bus back at 9:15 or walk back to the dockyard.

However, if we make this another "adults only" night, once we get back from St George, we would have to have time to drop the kiddies off at the kids club and then I assume we would just have to walk to sea glass beach since I'm sure we will have missed the bus by then. :p

AGAIN...THOUGHTS ON TIMING AND THIS DAY WELCOMED.

Yes, we are trying to pack a lot into the day...but we are used to it.

Wow! Busy day but doable. I bet you will not need 3 hours at Tobacco Bay. Especially if it is busy. And I do not remember umbrella rental, but that may have changed with the new ownership. You may want to escape for quieter beach time at Achilles! You could probably cut off an hour and get back to the dockyard earlier. That would make the rest of your evening more relaxing! And yes, walking in the dark would not be good on the route back from Black Bay. Sounds like a great day.

Lauri

I wouldn't try to walk from the sea glass beach back to Dockyard at night. It'd dangerous enough (due to vehicular traffic) to walk on most roads in Bermuda during broad daylight.

Oh, I guess I hadn't considered that since everyone had been talking on other threads about how gorgeous it is to watch the sunset at night from that area.

But it should be ok to walk from the dockyard TO sea glass beach and on to Black Bay when we wanted to because it will still be daylight right? Then if we catch the 9:15 bus back we wouldn't have to walk in the dark on the streets correct? How far of a walk is it up from Black Bay to the road? Is there a bus stop there or do we have to walk all the way back to the sea glass beach (cemetery) drop off to catch the bus back at the corner of Cochrane Rd and Cockburn? Or is there actually a drop off right there at Black Bay where the 2 roads seem to meet?

Day 1 looks like a great day Kim, though you didn't really allow for any meandering time from beach to beach. You will be taking tons of pictures up on the bluff..more than on the beaches themselves, I predict! But I think overall you will be fine with 5-6 hours. I bet you will find you do not need 2.5 hours at Horseshoe. I would really urge you to just enjoy the walk..make sure to stop and look at the gorgeous views, take lots of pictures. I think we were at Horseshoe only 1-1.5 hours and that was plenty. To us, Horseshoe was not the highlight but the final destination!

Lauri

I was trying to look up pictures of each area along the way to see which seem to interest me. I really don't think that Warwick itself will interest me "too" much and will probably just use that as a starting point to start taking pictures and take off walking. I know I have always had interest in Jobsons Bay, so I would definitely like to stop there for pictures and a "dip" in the water. Then move on walking past Stonehole maybe only stopping for a minute if we see any of the huge parrot fish I have seen others state that hang out in that area and then straight to Chaplin for a few pics.

I really hadn't planned on staying at any of the beaches along the way other than Jobsons (I don't know what is drawing me to that area) and just strolling along the others for pictures. Hopefully I won't get caught up in all the beauty that I forget that I'm supposed to keep walking. :p

Wow! Busy day but doable. I bet you will not need 3 hours at Tobacco Bay. Especially if it is busy. And I do not remember umbrella rental, but that may have changed with the new ownership. You may want to escape for quieter beach time at Achilles! You could probably cut off an hour and get back to the dockyard earlier. That would make the rest of your evening more relaxing! And yes, walking in the dark would not be good on the route back from Black Bay. Sounds like a great day.

Lauri

Really? You don't think I will need 3 hours at Tobacco? I'm just wondering. I know it will probably be super crowded since this will be the first day that the ferry will run and everyone will probably want to head over there. But I'm a snorkeling freak and they say this is excellent here so...I have a tendency to get caught up easily in snorkeling once I start. :p

Have you been to Achilles? Was it easy to walk to? Any snorkeling there?

But cutting off a hour isn't really going to do me much good because that would mean that we would be ending our day at Achilles around 3:30 instead of 4:30 and the ferry before the last runs at 2:30. So...we would still have a hour to spare. I would rather spare that at the beach. :D

See comment in other posting about going to Black Bay...we could catch the bus back from there and not have to walk in the dark...depending on where the bus stop is at. :confused:

Where's Day 3? Did you decide on Church Bay or Snorkel Park?

Lauri

That dreaded day 3!!! It's still haunting me since I decided I could do things around the dockyard in the evenings on day 1 and day 2. I'm still trying to decide. I know I have to squeeze in some shopping time and see the dockyard. We might still just end up staying around the dockyard this day and browsing around. :p

Sorry, I have not been to Black Bay so cannot answer those questions.

I don't blame you for being drawn to Jobsons! It is so beautiful and Sakari will love swimming there. I think you can see some fish there too! I think you will spend enough time at Warwick just to take pictures. Snorkeling was ok out by the big rock. Swimming is nice there, but yes, this is just your starting point!

Tobacco Bay is tiny. When we first got there the snorkeling was great but after an hour or so, many people arrived and the water got very churned up and it was too too busy for us! You never know, you may get lucky and it won't be so busy! I have not been to Achilles so do not know about snorkeling there.

I am always surprised that they don't have more ferries and later running ferries from St George. Our day there was on a tight timeline too. Yes, spend the extra hour at the beach! I am curious to hear how the St George shuttle will work out for you.

We spent our last day at Sea Glass beach and the Dockyard. We toured the museum which was interesting and had great views. I am not much of a shopper, so we went through the shops pretty quickly. It was fun to watch the glassblowers. And Frog and Onion has great beer! My DH always has to get a tshirt there. Not having concrete plans on Day #3 might not be such a bad idea. It will give you the flexability in case you want to go back to Jobsons or Horseshoe!

Great plans!

Lauri

Sorry, I have not been to Black Bay so cannot answer those questions.

I don't blame you for being drawn to Jobsons! It is so beautiful and Sakari will love swimming there. I think you can see some fish there too! I think you will spend enough time at Warwick just to take pictures. Snorkeling was ok out by the big rock. Swimming is nice there, but yes, this is just your starting point!

Tobacco Bay is tiny. When we first got there the snorkeling was great but after an hour or so, many people arrived and the water got very churned up and it was too too busy for us! You never know, you may get lucky and it won't be so busy! I have not been to Achilles so do not know about snorkeling there.

I am always surprised that they don't have more ferries and later running ferries from St George. Our day there was on a tight timeline too. Yes, spend the extra hour at the beach! I am curious to hear how the St George shuttle will work out for you.

We spent our last day at Sea Glass beach and the Dockyard. We toured the museum which was interesting and had great views. I am not much of a shopper, so we went through the shops pretty quickly. It was fun to watch the glassblowers. And Frog and Onion has great beer! My DH always has to get a tshirt there. Not having concrete plans on Day #3 might not be such a bad idea. It will give you the flexability in case you want to go back to Jobsons or Horseshoe!

Great plans!

Lauri

I guess if things get too hectic, we may just have to do Sea Glass and Black Bay on the last day just to experience it. I still have to run these plans by the rest of the family/clan lol who knows what they will feel like doing.

I'm not a big shopper either but I like to browse. I get a tee shirt with the places name on it and Sakari collects a magnet from each place. That's all we ever buy. But, I have been intrigued by some of the pictures I have seen at the glass blowing and clay place and thought it would make for some nice pictures.

I have my map printed of the dockyard and have the Glass, Rum, Clay, Clocktower and the craft stores all marked...then of course anything we find in between. :p

The only other beach I had originally put on my "list" years ago when researching Bermuda was Elbow Beach. I should probably research that and see what I come up with as well. Maybe head to Elbow Beach for the last day and hit the Lighthouse coming back? Ahhh, decisions. :eek:

What about Daniel's head? Always wanted to go there and snorkel the wrecks but have not been able to fit it in the 2 times we have been to Bermuda! So much to do! Same with John Smith...

Too bad you can't do car rental in Bermuda. Transportation, while good, is really time consuming in Bermuda. And the times don't always jive with your schedule. And we are not brave enough (or dumb enough) to think we could handle a scooter in that traffic!

Your plans sound great!

Lauri

Oh, I guess I hadn't considered that since everyone had been talking on other threads about how gorgeous it is to watch the sunset at night from that area.

But it should be ok to walk from the dockyard TO sea glass beach and on to Black Bay when we wanted to because it will still be daylight right? Then if we catch the 9:15 bus back we wouldn't have to walk in the dark on the streets correct? How far of a walk is it up from Black Bay to the road? Is there a bus stop there or do we have to walk all the way back to the sea glass beach (cemetery) drop off to catch the bus back at the corner of Cochrane Rd and Cockburn? Or is there actually a drop off right there at Black Bay where the 2 roads seem to meet?

Even in daylight you need to be careful when walking on the roads due to the absence of sidewalks or even shoulders in most places.

I can't provide you with any details about the exact location of the bus stop as the sea glass beach and Black Bay are not places I've ever visited. I've just passed by while on the bus.

What about Daniel's head? Always wanted to go there and snorkel the wrecks but have not been able to fit it in the 2 times we have been to Bermuda! So much to do! Same with John Smith...

Too bad you can't do car rental in Bermuda. Transportation, while good, is really time consuming in Bermuda. And the times don't always jive with your schedule. And we are not brave enough (or dumb enough) to think we could handle a scooter in that traffic!

Your plans sound great!

Lauri

I had no clue where Daniels Head is and after looking it up, I got excited since it's super close to the port. When I looked up pictures, it didn't look like anything spectacular and it looks like it's a beach with a lot of seaweed in the water. Not really the type of beach I like to snorkel, yet good for spotting sea turtles I guess, which I've already wanted to see, but haven't yet...maybe because I really don't care for being in areas with sea grass. LOL :p

After looking at some reviews, a lot of people are commenting about the place being abandoned, no place to eat, a guy with a bathroom key that "might" show up and a smell in the area. So, I think I will have to pass on this place.

John Smiths Bay was on my radar awhile back, but I think too far for this last day for my comfort.

I only thought about Elbow Beach because it looked like it would be a little easier to access by taking the ferry over to Hamilton and grabbing the #7 or #2 bus there. But I was trying to look up info on it last night and it looks like most are talking about a "day pass" to the resort there at Elbow or a day pass to Coco, which is also there. I read there's only a small strip that is public use and that doesn't sound too great to me.

I'm going to keep searching and if I don't come up with anything in the next week, I guess we'll just stick to our original plans and just hang out around the dock yard or do the sea glass beach and black bay that day or even still snorkel park. :cool: As much as I wanted to do the lighthouse, I hate the thought of wasting a bus pass just to do that and I would like to do something "different" every day instead of returning back to the south shore beaches.

Even in daylight you need to be careful when walking on the roads due to the absence of sidewalks or even shoulders in most places.

I can't provide you with any details about the exact location of the bus stop as the sea glass beach and Black Bay are not places I've ever visited. I've just passed by while on the bus.

I remembering seeing pictures of a wall on both sides of the street making it narrow, but that was the only place I remember people saying it was dangerous. I'll have to do some more thinking about this. Maybe we'll just go there on the last day. I really wanted to get pictures of the sea glass beach since people say it's really "different" to see the piles and piles of it on the beach. Just the photographer in me coming out. :p

I have noticed that at the restaurants they normally add the % of gratuities to the check automatically. Do you have to worry about this when you are going to one of the beaches and getting food at the concession stand? Is there any tax or anything? :confused: Or is it just whatever the price is stated?

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!

Talking about the hop on and hop off bus in St George and had someone else mention if they missed the Ferry over to St George, their back up plan would be to ferry over to Hamilton and then catch a bus to St George (yes, this would take longer)...HOWEVER, wouldn't this give us even more time over in St George visiting various places if we were to do this as well?

Is looks like the earliest ferry over to Hamilton is 7:30 and another at 9am. (Figure 20 minutes on the Ferry) and then hop on either #1, 3, 10 or 11 bus over to St George (which the estimates showing they take any where from 50 to 65 minutes). So if we caught the 7:30 ferry over and then took a 8 or 8:15 bus (#10 or 11) over to St George, then we could be there around 9-9:15, which is about 1 hour prior to everyone else showing up. Are they open this early?

How far is it from the ferry dock in Hamilton to the bus stops?

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!

We would be able to do this returning to and come back even later.

The last ferry from St George to the dockyard is 5:30pm.

However, the ferry from Hamilton runs pretty late (6pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm) and the #10 bus runs from St George to Hamilton 6:15, 7:15 & #11 bus 6:45)

I know, I'm pushing the limits...but it is what it is and it does give us the option to stay longer if we wanted to and it also gives us a back up plan in case things didn't work out and we missed that last ferry.

Thoughts?

Trust me, I completely understand. I know after the very first crowd headed to Bermuda and returned for this season...I was checking the boards several times a day to see if anyone did a review. I couldn't find crap! :eek: :p I knew it was going to be a long shot that many were going to return and give reviews, but I was really hoping to get something to get me pumped up...and by something I mean a full blown review full of pictures. :D

Well I thought mine wasn't bad for a C student. Although I probably didn't help you much. I didn't trek up the hill to the lighthouse, but did to turtle golf course (same hill). It's not that difficult to walk up from the bus 7 side (bus 8 is the van shuttle) my father and i did it and we are out of shape. Thats if you decide to go.

Fwiw. At 1045 they scheduled the suite guests to come of the ship. I didn't go with them, so I don't know if they actually got off at 1045 but it wasn't until 1120ish that all clear was given on the speaker to get off the ship, and even at noon when we were leaving we still had to wait for 15ish minutes to leave. 3000 people all want to go at the same time and get on the same bus. The place to get the tickets was a zoo

Well I thought mine wasn't bad for a C student. Although I probably didn't help you much. I didn't trek up the hill to the lighthouse, but did to turtle golf course (same hill). It's not that difficult to walk up from the bus 7 side (bus 8 is the van shuttle) my father and i did it and we are out of shape. Thats if you decide to go.

Fwiw. At 1045 they scheduled the suite guests to come of the ship. I didn't go with them, so I don't know if they actually got off at 1045 but it wasn't until 1120ish that all clear was given on the speaker to get off the ship, and even at noon when we were leaving we still had to wait for 15ish minutes to leave. 3000 people all want to go at the same time and get on the same bus. The place to get the tickets was a zoo

Thanks for the info. So it sounds like they may not even clear people by 11am to make the 11:20 bus out. Thanks for the info and I'm glad I have printed the bus schedules so we have a back up. :)

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!

Talking about the hop on and hop off bus in St George and had someone else mention if they missed the Ferry over to St George, their back up plan would be to ferry over to Hamilton and then catch a bus to St George (yes, this would take longer)...HOWEVER, wouldn't this give us even more time over in St George visiting various places if we were to do this as well?

Is looks like the earliest ferry over to Hamilton is 7:30 and another at 9am. (Figure 20 minutes on the Ferry) and then hop on either #1, 3, 10 or 11 bus over to St George (which the estimates showing they take any where from 50 to 65 minutes). So if we caught the 7:30 ferry over and then took a 8 or 8:15 bus (#10 or 11) over to St George, then we could be there around 9-9:15, which is about 1 hour prior to everyone else showing up. Are they open this early?

How far is it from the ferry dock in Hamilton to the bus stops?

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!

We would be able to do this returning to and come back even later.

The last ferry from St George to the dockyard is 5:30pm.

However, the ferry from Hamilton runs pretty late (6pm, 7pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm) and the #10 bus runs from St George to Hamilton 6:15, 7:15 & #11 bus 6:45)

I know, I'm pushing the limits...but it is what it is and it does give us the option to stay longer if we wanted to and it also gives us a back up plan in case things didn't work out and we missed that last ferry.

Thoughts?

One time we missed the ferry to St. George, and didn't want to wait for the next one, so we opted to ferry to Hamilton and take the bus. It does take longer than going directly to St. George via ferry, but it's perfectly doable, and was faster than just waiting around It would give you a chance to walk around Hamilton. The downtown area has a lot of nice shops. The bus ride is an adventure in and of itself, with the winding roads and the scenery.

The bus station is about an 10 minute walk from the ferry terminal, if you're taking your time. Google Maps says 8 minutes.

I'm not sure whether Tobacco Bay will be crowded, but getting there early is a good plan.

Achilles Bay would probably be a good backup plan in case Tobacco Bay is crowded. Not many people know about it; I hear it's great for snorkeling, since the shallow waters go out a ways. It's right next to Fort St. Catherine, which is also a cool place to visit (or at least have in the background).

In a way, I am kind of disappointed about the new St. George bus, because it might make the beaches more crowded. We were thinking of going to Achilles Bay this year if Tobacco Bay is crowded.

Gates Bay is on the other side of Fort St. Catherine; it's a big beach, and not well known, so you can also check that out (though the snorkeling won't be as good).

One time we missed the ferry to St. George, and didn't want to wait for the next one, so we opted to ferry to Hamilton and take the bus. It does take longer than going directly to St. George via ferry, but it's perfectly doable, and was faster than just waiting around It would give you a chance to walk around Hamilton. The downtown area has a lot of nice shops. The bus ride is an adventure in and of itself, with the winding roads and the scenery.

The bus station is about an 10 minute walk from the ferry terminal, if you're taking your time. Google Maps says 8 minutes.

I'm not sure whether Tobacco Bay will be crowded, but getting there early is a good plan.

Achilles Bay would probably be a good backup plan in case Tobacco Bay is crowded. Not many people know about it; I hear it's great for snorkeling, since the shallow waters go out a ways. It's right next to Fort St. Catherine, which is also a cool place to visit (or at least have in the background).

In a way, I am kind of disappointed about the new St. George bus, because it might make the beaches more crowded. We were thinking of going to Achilles Bay this year if Tobacco Bay is crowded.

Gates Bay is on the other side of Fort St. Catherine; it's a big beach, and not well known, so you can also check that out (though the snorkeling won't be as good).

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

We had planned on going to Tobacco Bay and then walking over to Achilles for a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to accomplish this and can return and let you know how it goes with the crowds. I agree, the fort in the background might make for some great pics. :D I'm all about great pics. :p

..or John Smith's Bay...:D

The first time we went to Bermuda we went to Horseshoe. The second time John Smiths and Clearwater. Both of them were suggested by people who were working at the ferry terminals (greeters). Clearwater is man made, but beautiful. Perfect for floating on our Target tubes because the waters are calm. It has facilities - bathrooms, food/bar, and rentals. We were a group of 4. The rest of the people were kids from a Day camp in Bermuda and about 8 others from our ship. The 2nd day we went to John Smiths. It was also beautiful, frequented by very few cruisers and a small group from a day camp. A woman sold waters and snacks and there was a compost toilet which grossed me out. We still enjoyed those beaches. Unfortunately we are in Bermuda 2 days and do not have time to go to either with the schedule. Horseshoe will be very crowded if you do not go early. That is my game plan in addition to the Swizzle Inn and if time allows a quick stop in Hamilton. We did a city tour last time while it was free. Although I do need to spend a day in Hamilton I would like to walk around for an hour or so. And get my reusable supermarket bags at the market near the Cathedral (my version of a souvenir). You have really planned out your days and that's important. I have too because I don't like to "wing it" when we have so little time. We too are headed over to St. George, walk around a bit and stop at locations we didn't go to last time because it was too early. And hopefully hit Achilles Bay. Have a great time and make sure you have back up plans with transportation. Another suggestion - if you have a smartphone you can download the ferry and bus schedules. The beaches are gorgeous! Can't wait to hear all about when you get back!

The first time we went to Bermuda we went to Horseshoe. The second time John Smiths and Clearwater. Both of them were suggested by people who were working at the ferry terminals (greeters). Clearwater is man made, but beautiful. Perfect for floating on our Target tubes because the waters are calm. It has facilities - bathrooms, food/bar, and rentals. We were a group of 4. The rest of the people were kids from a Day camp in Bermuda and about 8 others from our ship. The 2nd day we went to John Smiths. It was also beautiful, frequented by very few cruisers and a small group from a day camp. A woman sold waters and snacks and there was a compost toilet which grossed me out. We still enjoyed those beaches. Unfortunately we are in Bermuda 2 days and do not have time to go to either with the schedule. Horseshoe will be very crowded if you do not go early. That is my game plan in addition to the Swizzle Inn and if time allows a quick stop in Hamilton. We did a city tour last time while it was free. Although I do not need to spend a day in Hamilton I would like to walk around for an hour or so. And get my reusable supermarket bags at the market near the Cathedral (my version of a souvenir). You have really planned out your days and that's important. I have too because I don't like to "wing it" when we have so little time. We too are headed over to St. George, walk around a bit and stop at locations we didn't go to last time because it was too early. And hopefully hit Achilles Bay. Have a great time and make sure you have back up plans with transportation. Another suggestion - if you have a smartphone you can download the ferry and bus schedules. The beaches are gorgeous! Can't wait to hear all about when you get back!

Had to edit one sentence.

I really hope that we like Bermuda.

I think we are going to have nothing but rain the days we are there.

I'm really bummed.

I think I'm going to need a do-over because of bad weather.

I BOOKED ANOTHER TRIP TO BERMUDA, SAME ROOM, SAME TIME NEXT YEAR. :D

The weather prediction for the first week of May was quite glum....fortunately, they were mostly wrong. I backed up my plans by purchasing a spa pass. It rained on the way back to NY....hope u have good weather. ImageUploadedByForums1433219270.483961.jpg.fc46eca62b8a906be7e4d490b9f4acba.jpgill take the cloud cover in this pic!

I really hope that we like Bermuda.

I think we are going to have nothing but rain the days we are there.

I'm really bummed.

I think I'm going to need a do-over because of bad weather.

I BOOKED ANOTHER TRIP TO BERMUDA, SAME ROOM, SAME TIME NEXT YEAR. :D

On the Liberty? I thought the Anthem was taking over that route.

Edited by sauvichick