Laundry Facilities

Nope...RCI and Celebrity have cornered the market on ironing! You aren't allowed to bring an iron, and they have NONE for your use. You must PAY them to look pressed. Do it before you leave home.

We carry clothes that either don't wrinkle easily or it really doesn't make much difference (cargo shorts, etc). We take a travel size bottle of Downey Wrinkle Release or a stubborn wrinkle. If you iron it before you leave, you might have a crease or two, but it won't look like you've slept in it. Otherwise you can send it to be pressed. For pressing only, the charges aren't bad at all. It's a vacation so it's nice not to have to iron or do laundry. I also use the wash 'n fold bag. We just consider it another "perk." No cooking, no cleaning, no laundry.

We carry clothes that either don't wrinkle easily or it really doesn't make much difference (cargo shorts, etc). We take a travel size bottle of Downey Wrinkle Release or a stubborn wrinkle. If you iron it before you leave, you might have a crease or two, but it won't look like you've slept in it. Otherwise you can send it to be pressed. For pressing only, the charges aren't bad at all. It's a vacation so it's nice not to have to iron or do laundry. I also use the wash 'n fold bag. We just consider it another "perk." No cooking, no cleaning, no laundry.

It helps to use fabric softener when washing the clothes too if you don't all aready do so. I also do the ironing the night before the cruise in the hotel at the port and sometimes carry the shirts on hangers (make sure to have a plastic cover).

Irons are not allowed. However, I have not seen any restrictions on bringing your own washing machine and dryer.

As items that generate heat are on the list of prohibited items, I´d say washing machines and dryers might not be allowed to bring either. I´d at least check with them before bringing them. ;)

I agree on the checked luggage though.

Of course if you want to move between continents, it might be a good way to bring them on a TA. They can confiscate on Boarding day and return on debarkation day. Should be cheaper than shipping:p

It would have to be checked. The machines would be too big for the carry on scanner. :(

Yeah and do you really want to schlepp them around and to the Windjammer for lunch, whilst your cabin isn´t ready yet?;)

And you are not allowed to bring your own.

An iron is a fire hazard. There are so many easy care clothing these days ironing isn.t necessary and why spend you vacation ironing - so much more to do and see. Tilley in Canada, Eddie Bauer , Columbia and many more.

But it´s the first day of my vacation and I want to be the first one onboard;)

Then do what I do and go early and let your room steward know that the washing machine and dryer in the cabin is yours. You need to do this so the room steward doesn't think it was accidentally left there by the prior cruiser.

Then do what I do and go early and let your room steward know that the washing machine and dryer in the cabin is yours. You need to do this so the room steward doesn't think it was accidentally left there by the prior cruiser.

Do you tip him extra for this?:eek:

Do you tip him extra for this?:eek:

I don't tip extra on the first day. I did tip extra on the last day, however, it was for his service during the entire week, not just for an one thing.

An iron is a fire hazard. There are so many easy care clothing these days ironing isn.t necessary and why spend you vacation ironing - so much more to do and see. Tilley in Canada, Eddie Bauer , Columbia and many more.

10 minutes before you get ready for dinner isn't exactly spending your vacation ironing.

and irons are no more a fire hazard than a pair of hair straighteners.

but on the other hand, an ironing room takes up potentially a couple of grand of passenger space and a couple of grand in revenue on the ship ........

see where I'm coming from ?

Irons are not allowed. However, I have not seen any restrictions on bringing your own washing machine and dryer.

There was a thread last year about prohibiting people from checking household appliances on repositioning cruises. Apparently it used to be done to avoid taxes. :eek: