Total Capacity of Oasis

There was a trivia question asking the total capacity of Oasis of the Seas. The answer was including both passengers and crew. There are all kinds of answers out there. Which one is correct?

Also, what is the largest number of passengers to have sailed at one time on Oasis? One of the passengers said our cruise last week had the record.

BTW, we really enjoyed the entertainment in all the theaters. The food in American Icon, especially the lunch buffet & salad bar, were delicious. Don't miss the cake on the last day. It's the best we've tasted.

From the website,

Oasis of the Seas

FAST FACTS

Registry: Bahamas • Built at STX Europe, Turku, Finland

Maiden Voyage: December 5, 2009

Godmother: Daisy Fuentes, Dara Torres, Gloria Estefan, Jane Seymour, Keisha Knight Pulliam, Michelle Kwan, Shawn Johnson

225,282 GRT • 1,187 feet (362 meters) long • 215 feet (65 meters) wide

213 feet (65 meters) high from the water line • 30 feet (9.1 meters) draft • 22 knots cruising speed

16 guest decks • 18 total decks • 24 passenger elevators • 4 bow thrusters with 7,500 horse power each

5,400 guests (double occupancy) • 6,360 guests total • 2,394 crew (From over 71 countries)

So that would be 8754 total

Edit. 42 guests and10 crew higher than Allure (prior to Allure's dry dock)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I should have told you what the 'official' trivia answer was to the total capacity - 8880. No one got it right.

Has anyone figured out how many of the small wonder viewers are on the ship? We know we missed some, but are curious to how many we didn't find. Sadly, all the garden gnomes have disappeared except for two that were gifts from passengers. How sad.

Edited by Grannycb

Has anyone figured out how many of the small wonder viewers are on the ship? We know we missed some, but are curious to how many we didn't find. Sadly, all the garden gnomes have disappeared except for two that were gifts from passengers. How sad.

On my first Oasis cruise, those viewers were the subject of a week long scavenger hunt. You had to count and map them all out. I don't remember the total number, but it was 40-something.

On my first Oasis cruise, those viewers were the subject of a week long scavenger hunt. You had to count and map them all out. I don't remember the total number, but it was 40-something.

I should have looked for a map of them! We missed a whole bunch if there were 40-something of them.