FAO Celebrity Official - Luninae answers needed please!

Mynki

Given you are in the UK, Gordon, but given that Celebrity are not going to change their practice, I'd be demanding reduction in price, with the threat of going to Trading Standards (you can register a complaint on-line) or else writing to the travel or personal finance problem pages of the Daily Telegraph / Times / Guardian.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart

I have had a read through the terms and conditions and, as long as I was looking at the latest Web Site/brochure what is described on that is what they have to deliver. I suspect that things could change. We are talking about something that is evolving as we talk. I will give it a couple of months before doing anything as the first cruise is not until September.

Gordon

Pushka, not sure what the laws are where you are from, but here in the U.S. companies are required to make disclosures as to what may or may not happen at minimum which the cruise contract does.

Here, the cruise contract is the factor on which the law will govern, specifically it must be available for review before purchase. If we choose not to read it because it is too long and detailed, then it is our fault. If it is missing critical information which affects any decision that one would make in determining a purchase or use of a product then the company is liable for such omissions. Which also affords us some degree of legal remedies.

Check it to see what remedies are available to you as your country may offer something more or less in this regards.

Have a good sailing regardless...

So, in the US companies can promise something, not deliver, but as long as the contract specifies what will be delivered, all is good.

Sounds a lot like our politicians :eek:

Edited by kenevenpar

Thanks Stuart

I have had a read through the terms and conditions and, as long as I was looking at the latest Web Site/brochure what is described on that is what they have to deliver. I suspect that things could change. We are talking about something that is evolving as we talk. I will give it a couple of months before doing anything as the first cruise is not until September.

Gordon

You left out a significant part of that sentence......looking at WHEN I BOOKED MY TICKET.....not looked at yesterday, after final payment or when I have to pay a cancellation penalty to the cruise line/TA or airline.

The issue here is that the game (has apparently) changed after folks locked in their reservations. In some geographies that may not be legal, in others, it may not be illegal, but it may be viewed as "less than fair dealing", etc.

Celebrity has a choice...they can try to ignore the issue and hope it goes away, they can deliver what they (were perceived to have) said, or they can try to carefully word some other explanation.

So we wait....

You left out a significant part of that sentence......looking at WHEN I BOOKED MY TICKET.....not looked at yesterday, after final payment or when I have to pay a cancellation penalty to the cruise line/TA or airline.

The issue here is that the game (has apparently) changed after folks locked in their reservations. In some geographies that may not be legal, in others, it may not be illegal, but it may be viewed as "less than fair dealing", etc.

Celebrity has a choice...they can try to ignore the issue and hope it goes away, they can deliver what they (were perceived to have) said, or they can try to carefully word some other explanation.

So we wait....

I did read that part but as usual was doing three things at once. The costs of the upgrades on the 4 cruises was £6,000 and the only reason I did it was because of the information provided by Celebrity to us all. Now they want to change the script after we have committed.

We gave up AQ best hump rooms (1605 and 1610) for this which we would never get back now.

They obviously haven't changed the new UK site about what you get in Luminae http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/accommodation/suite-class

Edited by Gordoncruickshank
more info

I did read that part but as usual was doing three things at once. The costs of the upgrades on the 4 cruises was £6,000 and the only reason I did it was because of the information provided by Celebrity to us all. Now they want to change the script after we have committed.

We gave up AQ best hump rooms (1605 and 1610) for this which we would never get back now.

They obviously haven't changed the new UK site about what you get in Luminae http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/accommodation/suite-class

Introducing Luminae - Your Exclusive Restaurant

Let us introduce you to Luminae – our new restaurant exclusive to Suite Class guests. Offering complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner, Luminae combines world-class cuisine from James Beard featured chefs, ambient atmosphere and unbeatable service. Luminae will be available to experience and enjoy from April 2015.

Introducing Luminae - Your Exclusive Restaurant

Let us introduce you to Luminae – our new restaurant exclusive to Suite Class guests. Offering complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner, Luminae combines world-class cuisine from James Beard featured chefs, ambient atmosphere and unbeatable service. Luminae will be available to experience and enjoy from April 2015.

And the UK site is new - no more than weeks old!!

And the UK site is new - no more than weeks old!!

Indeed. Although I doubt things would ever get this far, and I hope they wouldn't too, but I'm pretty certain that a UK customer could take Celebrity to the small claims court for compensation if they were to present the court a copy of the current brochure and screen shots of the website along with their booking details.

The information available to us UK based customers is clearly misleading at present, I don't think Celebrity would have a leg to stand on to be honest.

Pretty much fraud! You may say that is drastic, but they advertised something and now not delivering it! And as many on here have stated, they changed their cabins because of what they were told. I would be pretty ticked off. Start organizing a big twitter campaign.....Many of these companies could care less if you complain on a forum or emailing them....take it public, and they change their tune. Modern luxury--yep..can't offer a workable website and can't even manage how 1 dining room is going to be operated. Great leadership there!

By the way ... what does FAO in the thread title mean?

Betting it's just a typo for FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) since "Suite Class FAQ" is the header on the flyers being discussed.

Edited by JaneStarr
typos

So, in the US companies can promise something, not deliver, but as long as the contract specifies what will be delivered, all is good.

Sounds a lot like our politicians :eek:

:D You got it... that is the reason it 'pays' to read the fine print and if not sure it is covered, don't buy it if it matters a great deal or is a deal breaker, unless you get it in writing from the company.

Then our politicians can put it in writing and still it is not legally binding unless they have one of their organizations like the IRS do the enforcing, then they can deny all culpability of any decision... LOL.

Basically the fine print allows them to make any changes at any time, and we OK it by giving them a deposit. If we don't like said changes then we can cancel l under the terms of the pro-rated schedule.

Time tested in country's around the world, and they are still in business.

Next.

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, but we can confirm that Luminae will have a lunch experience for embarkation day as well as for sea days.

Thanks for replying. Does that mean I can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in Luminae every day of my cruise if I do book a suite?

Or are there any restrictions?

Also, when will this commence from?

Edited by Mynki

What was the official Celebrity response was better than I would have expected. My expectation would have been lunch on sea days ,. Embarkation day is a plus since dining room is not open for lunch on embarkation

To quote a fellowposter here, "what in the world is a lunch experience?!"

Especially after just getting on ship all hot and sweaty from traveling and sitting in the waiting area to be called to board. Can you just think how it will be to sit in the nice chairs in Luminae for dinner that evening in nice sport casual wear?:eek:

My last cruise on Celebrity Summit (August or Sept last) we had a lovely embarkation Suites lunch in The Normandie. (And I don't recall being SWEATY ;) ... but MAYBE..... ) If for whatever reason Luminae isn't a viable lunch venue on embarkation (not sure what the reasoning behind that would be) the lunch/brunch they put together previously in the specialty restaurant was just fine. Limited menu. Quiet. Relaxing. I was surprised to hear that it might be an issue and something no longer offered. It was well executed and well received. Don't mess with something if it isn't broke, please.

PS: CELEBRITY CRUISES thanks for the response. I just hope it's accurate once one is onboard.

PPS: I wouldn't want your job for the world. Talk about thankless (as well as grace under fire).

Edited by bighairtexan

I was on the Summit cruise with Jenna when we had embarkation lunch and full brunch on sea days. I think one of the problems with lunch is that it is the same crew that wait on you for all meals in Luminae. They need to have a break. X would need to bring in another crew or have lunch in another area for suite guests. Which I think they will have to do. Specialty dining venue would work.