Le Grand Buffet

kseks

My last Celebrity cruise was back in 2001 and on the last night they had "Le Grand Buffet" around midnight. It was open for photos only for the first hour or so, then open for eating. It was an amazing presentation of food!! Do they still do this?? I'll be on the Millennium this month.

I haven't seen any midnight type buffets in several years. I think enough people didn't eat the food. There have been other kinds of buffets (like BBQ or dessert) during regular eating hours, but those are sort of random so likely at the discretion of the ship staff.

I think they were just wasting too much food.

Tom

My last Celebrity cruise was back in 2001 and on the last night they had "Le Grand Buffet" around midnight. It was open for photos only for the first hour or so, then open for eating. It was an amazing presentation of food!! Do they still do this?? I'll be on the Millennium this month.

We have cruised on many cruise lines and I think that they have all eliminated the grand midnight buffet and any others that they presented during the cruise.

It is a economical thing plus not many really ate anything. it just amounted to a lot of wasted food, time and effort.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

They have the "buffet extravaganza" towards the end of the cruise where they decorate the buffet a little bit (ice sculptures, chocolate fountain, cotton candy) but it is nothing like the photos people have posted here of the old special buffet.

This is disappointing to read! My cruise several years ago on the Summit had the big brunch buffet in the MDR on the last sea day with everything you could imagine - cereal, pastries, omelette station, pasta station, stir fry station, salad station, salad bar, tons of shrimp, sushi, a crepe station, waffle station, ice cream, chocolate fountain, excellent little tarts and cake pops, etc.

I was really looking forward to this again on my upcoming Millennium cruise. :(

WEll that cutback I can live with- I think people seldom ate something I certainly did not- but I have late seating usualy so I took just the photo session and walk around! Nice to look at- but a huge waste of food and thats plain decadend! So I am okay with that! There are other cutbacks that " hurt" more- of course we are complaining on a very high level here. LOL!

We enjoyed the buffets, always went & took tons of pictures. When they no longer had it this year we found we missed the fruit carvings & ice sculptures. They had a few in the ocean view buffet but nothing like before