What Watch Brands are Sold on Princess?

Nezmo

I really though I could find this out via Uncle Google but no dice.

Mostly you can do better in the US if you shop right but I'm just curious being a bit of a collector.

Thanks.

We just got back off the CB late last month. They had remodeled the shops and had one shop just selling watches on the ship. They have upgraded the offerings, now carrying Omega plus they previously have had TAG Heuer and some others. The sales rep told me they are going to start carrying Rolex soon. The new shop was very upscale. I priced the Omega Seamaster automatic. It was listed for I think $5400, but they offered a 10% discount. Then because I am elite they would offer an additional 10% discount. I don't know if that is competitive with the states. I purchased an Omega seamaster about 6 years ago in the US for about $1,800 but its my understanding the model has been completely reengineered so the price is much higher now.

Good to see Omega. Their prices have risen a lot in recent times.

I like Citizen too.

It sounds like a pretty usual line-up - a couple of mid-to-upper brands and then the dress and lower but quality levels.

I'm honestly not on the cruise to shop for watches but I was curious to know what's on offer. You never know ... one too many martinis and we may surprise ourselves, lol. I think that's what happened to us on a prior cruise :D.

Thank you all for your replies.

Good to see Omega. Their prices have risen a lot in recent times.

I like Citizen too.

It sounds like a pretty usual line-up - a couple of mid-to-upper brands and then the dress and lower but quality levels.

I'm honestly not on the cruise to shop for watches but I was curious to know what's on offer. You never know ... one too many martinis and we may surprise ourselves, lol. I think that's what happened to us on a prior cruise :D.

Thank you all for your replies.

With today's internet and places like Costco (Tag Heuer), there are better deals and wty coverage to be had. Its nothing like the old days of duty free shopping. ;)

Fun price shopping though.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I just bought a Citizen on the Regal last month that was, by far, the lowest price of any land price. Don't forget the additional 10% Elite discount if that applies to you.

Edited by kendon

With today's internet and places like Costco (Tag Heuer), there are better deals and wty coverage to be had. Its nothing like the old days of duty free shopping. ;)

Yup, that's why I said in my first post I know you can do better at home in most cases. Still fun to look on the ship.

My DH bought a $10 watch when they had their "big sale", it's a digital with large numbers and a plastic waterproof band. He loves it, gets compliments, more than his very expensive other watches :D

So you never know

I agree.

I have yet to see a camera or watch price that I couldn't beat at home with a little searching.

Mike;)

...I have yet to see a camera or watch price that I couldn't beat at home with a little searching...

Not to mention much easier to return or exchange if there is a problem. Also be sure to check warranties before buying. If Princess (or their shop's operator) is not an authorized dealer, you may be buying gray-market goods with limited or no warranty coverage. Costco, for example, sells many gray-market watches, but they back them up with their own warranty.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

Last year (about this time) on the Grand they also had Tissot, Rado and Hamilton. I'd been told they were looking at becoming ADs for Breitling but that hadn't happened.

There was a gorgeous Rado automatic that I had my eye on but didn't get...darnit. Pricing on that one was better than I'd seen on Rado's anywhere.

The Rado watch is new to me. I've checked there web site prices and they start at $1,700. How do they compare to the Rolex models and what is the difference?

Thanks!

Tom😎

The Rado watch is new to me. I've checked there web site prices and they start at $1,700. How do they compare to the Rolex models and what is the difference?

Thanks!

Tom

OT: The watch industry is probably as complex as the cruise industry, so it is hard to give a short answer. But I consider the two brands apples and oranges.

From my perspective, Rado is very tech-oriented, using leading-edge materials and design, and is much less expensive in general than Rolex. IIRC, they also use outsourced movements and are part of the Swatch group.

Rolex is a privately-held company, makes its own movements in-house, and is much more classic and conservative in its designs and materials.

Perhaps others who know more than I about watches will be able to weigh in here :). One good website to learn more is http://www.timezone.com.

I was on the Coral in February. Had my eye on a Tag that after ALL discounts Princess was giving away for about $3,500 (no tax of course). Checked on line when I got home....same exact watch (new in the box, etc.) was $2,300 on line and also no sales tax because of the state it was being sold from.

The stores on the ship are there to make a profit....you be the judge to buy on board or not....I choose not.

I was on the Coral in February. Had my eye on a Tag that after ALL discounts Princess was giving away for about $3,500 (no tax of course). Checked on line when I got home....same exact watch (new in the box, etc.) was $2,300 on line and also no sales tax because of the state it was being sold from.

The stores on the ship are there to make a profit....you be the judge to buy on board or not....I choose not.

The best thing is to do your homework before a cruise or during it. The free Internet minutes that Platinum and above passengers get are great to use for comparison pricing if you see something you like in one of the shops on the ship. Also, if you have a good relationship with a local dealer at home, you can email a price to see if your local store will be able to match it or do better.