Official shipyard video KONINGSDAM by Fincantieri

Alphen

Very interesting. But is she already christened?

As far as I know, there can be two separate ceremony’s as is the case with Koningsdam. There has been a name giving ceremony at the moment the ship floated for the first time, but this is not the official christening ceremony, that will take place later in May 2016 by a not yet disclosed person.

Very interesting. But is she already christened?

it's odd they broke the champagne against the name, but that was simply the float out ceremony and the, I believe the term is, "madrona"? I'm sure if the spelling is incorrect someone will clear it up

Looks like she's coming together beautifully. Thanks for the video. Strange that the atrium area represents a classical quartet. Does this mean we're going to be treated again to Adagio Strings? Oh, how I wish that were true.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

Looks like she's coming together beautifully. Thanks for the video. Strange that the atrium area represents a classical quartet. Does this mean we're going to be treated again to Adagio Strings? Oh, how I wish that were true.

Check the releases re: the connections to Lincoln Center Stage. They have definitely hinted that there's going to be more of a classical focus in that area. Only time will tell but for classical music enthusiasts it sounds promising.