Booking Onboard vs with TA

4Lakes Lady

I understand the benefits of booking a future cruise onboard. My question concerns what happens to this booking once it is transferred to a TA. Does the TA get any commission or do they do further work (airfare deviations, changes etc.) with no compensation? Are there any benefits for the TA assuming the booking?

I believe you need to transfer the booking within 30 days of deposit to a TA they will get the usual commission & be able to do your deviations etc..

[quote name='LHT28']It is usually sent to the TA on file unless you specify you want to send the booking to a different TA[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Tahoma"]+1, that is the default position.
In other words, Onboard Bookings automatically go to the TA that booked the cruise that the Passenger is presently on, unless the Passenger specifically requests that a different Agent be credited.. [/FONT][/SIZE]

][quote name='StanandJim'][SIZE="3"][FONT="Tahoma"]+1, that is the default position.
In other words, Onboard Bookings automatically go to the TA that booked the cruise that the Passenger is presently on, unless the Passenger specifically requests that a different Agent be credited.. [/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Garamond"][B][SIZE="3"]And you DEFINITELY have to do so to which a friends of mine can attest. When they booked on line they neglected to say they wanted a different TA. It was booked with the former TA and it took a lot of effort to get it changed. Just be sure you know which TA you want to handle that cruise![/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='tanny18']]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Garamond][B][SIZE=3]And you DEFINITELY have to do so to which a friends of mine can attest. When they booked on line they neglected to say they wanted a different TA. It was booked with the former TA and it took a lot of effort to get it changed. Just be sure you know which TA you want to handle that cruise![/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

I was on the spring T/A and booked a future cruise...actually a "phantom" cruise because the fall '17 schedule is not out yet...and I told the staff that was the case...and that I wanted it "held" within the O system and not sent to my current TA on file. I had to sign a form in order for that to happen..OK...no problem with that...and then...low and behold when I get home my current TA calls me with the "info" she had received from O about my future booking!!!! Not a happy camper...as I had spent many hours on board with CC members trying to decide who should be my next TA...as my current one gives me zero service!! LuAnn

[quote name='4Lakes Lady']So are you all saying that I can get OBC with my TA even though I booked onboard?[/QUOTE]
Yes, if your TA offers OBC. The booking is in essence no different than one you do at home, with the exception of whatever incentive is offered for the onboard booking. It is transferred to your TA, who receives all the normal perks to pass on to you and normal commissions.

The biggest difference may be that your TA may not have booked a "group booking" for that cruise, and may not receive the same incentives from the cruise line to pass on to you. Also, their commission may be slightly less after your onboard incentives are factored in.

I'm not a TA and these are just speculations (somewhat educated guesses) based on what little I've experienced. Edited by hondorner

Yes book on the ship for those benefits, and pass the booking on to a good TA had will add
additional benefits for you. A Good Trusted TA is someone you'll want to work with with
working the trip with you.
Rick