Bermuda shore excursions

MJBJSV

I would also second the suggestion to research on the Bermuda Ports-of-Call board. Bermuda is safe, and has great public transportation. You can find information about the buses, ferries, and the "blue-flag" taxis, over there! :cool:

I was there many years ago and found the unlimited bus pass is great and very reasonable but I don't know if that still exists anymore. The buses go just about

everywhere.

Don't ignore the ferries: great ways to get to/from Dockyard - Hamilton, or to St. George. If you are able, renting a motor scooter is a great way to get around - but not for amateurs. There is a lot you can do on your own - do some research in advance so you will know what you want to do/see. If you happen to be there with a special person an a special occasion, think about to going to Tom Moore's Tavern for dinner one evening.

Bermuda is definitely one port that you can do everything on your own.

Yes the unlimited daily transportation passes, (1, 2 or 3 days) are the best way to go. They are good for all the buses and ferries.

Do a little research on the Bermuda board. There is tons of information there.

You will love Bermuda, my favorite port by far.

Where do you find the best deals for shore excursions in Bermuda, is it cheaper to book on ship or on shore

Thanks MJBJSV:)

My husband and I just did Bermuda for the first time a couple weeks ago and we found getting the multi-day bus/ferry pass was a MUCH better idea than any of the excursions. We were there for 3 days so the pass was $44 per person.

We went to a presentation on the ship about the excursions they offered in Bermuda to get an idea of what the main attractions were that we wanted to see. We aren't scuba/snorkel people so most of the land excursions seemed very overpriced and were quite limited when it came to what you could do.

We went to the visitors center at the dock (there was one set up in the terminal but the line was super long and they only accepted cash so we walked to the visitors center closer to the shops and could pay with a credit card without too much of a wait) on the first day to get the bus/ferry passes. We hopped on the bus at the dockyard and rode it until the last possible stop in St. Georges stopping along the way at places that seemed fun or that locals on the bus told us we would enjoy.

It worked perfectly for us because we were able to get the lay of the land and scope out places we wanted to spend more time exploring for the next two days we were in Bermuda. We took the ferry back to the dockyard once we were in St. George.

Our favorite places were St.Georges, Tobacco Bay and Crystal Caves. Honorable mention goes to the swizzles at the Swizzle Inn across from Crystal Caves.

A few tips -

-stay away from the mopeds unless you have experience with them. The roads are not moped friendly to begin with but add in a ton of US tourists not used to driving on the opposite side of the road and it is a recipe for disaster. We witnessed 2 moped pile-ups and one of our fellow cruise passengers took a hard spill and ended up with severe road rash on the entire right side of his body.

-If there is more than one ship docked at the dockyard, the busses and ferries will be packed. Our ship was the only one at the dockyard on day one and we had no overcrowding problems but a second ship was with us for the last two days and there were times you would have wait quite a while for a bus that wasn't filled to capacity. Same with the ferry from St. Georges. The line started forming 2 hours before it was scheduled to leave and since the boat only holds 350, many of the people that had waited hours to get on the boat were denied so plan accordingly.