Inventory disappeared

milesfromu

Well the September and October 2016 sail dates in question have now been pulled all together, including the inventory for the suites. The itineraries are not accessible from the X website. Our TA was unsuccessful in getting additional information, as have we so still in the dark. Hope to hear from X on this soon. We have two bookings affected and others must be interested in knowing the status of these sailings too.

Just checked Celebrity site this morning and still NO Infinity Oct 17, 2016.

A little upset that Celebrity will not explain what is going on :mad:

Someone did raise the question yesterday on the Celebrity Facebook page; the reply was "We'll look into it."

I posted a question about the missing Infinity Cruises on Facebook a couple days ago but got No reply to my post.

I e-mailed my vacation planner yesterday morning and got a reply late last night that inventory management was doing maintenance and it should be back up soon. I assume that is what she was told. I sure hope it does come back up soon because I was really looking forward to this. there are 8 of us booked, 4 cabins. It is not easy to get all of us together. the dates worked for us.

When I booked this Celebrity rep told me the ship was already over 1/2 sold due to the unique itinerary.

Really hoping this is not a charter situation happening.

The most likely scenario is that the ship is being chartered for 5 days by SalesForce.com to use as a floating hotel for its conference in SF in September. This impacts the numerous sailings before and after. Same thing happened this year (but less sailings were effected because the ship was already scheduled to be in SF). It will likely take a long time for this to get resolved because the charter contract seemed to a take a while to finalize for this year.

The most likely scenario is that the ship is being chartered for 5 days by SalesForce.com to use as a floating hotel for its conference in SF in September. This impacts the numerous sailings before and after. Same thing happened this year (but less sailings were effected because the ship was already scheduled to be in SF). It will likely take a long time for this to get resolved because the charter contract seemed to a take a while to finalize for this year.

This would explain the 9/11 sail date, but since the 9/18 Panama Canal sailing is back live, why would 10/4 and 10/17 sailings be affected? Hoping for info soon.

At this point we are losing interest in the whole deal...not even considering booking a back up for the 10/27/16 If 10/17/16 gets cancelled, we'll wait for this great itin to come around some other time

We love cruising on X but the whole booking early, perks, etc wears us out....much easier to do an AIC resort.....many let you re-book if a hurricane is predicted and once they accept your res, it is yours!

Edited by hcat

We were all set to book the 11 September 2016 US and Canada Pacific Cruise on the Infinity but since Celebrity can’t seem to get it together we’ll Cruise on over to Royal Caribbean and book the Explorer Of The Seas. Itineraries are very similar. We’re doing the US and Canada Pacific itinerary on the Jewel Of The Seas 18 September 2015. It’s unfortunate because we were looking forward to sail on Celebrity’s Infinity.

Here's an article from today's SF Chronicle discussing the Infinity for this year's conference. The article mentions the possibility of 2 ships next year, so almost assuredly the Infinity should be back in SF for 2016. Hope the link works:

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/san-francisco-chronicle/20150513/281513634727549/TextView

Here's an article from today's SF Chronicle discussing the Infinity for this year's conference. The article mentions the possibility of 2 ships next year, so almost assuredly the Infinity should be back in SF for 2016. Hope the link works:

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/san-francisco-chronicle/20150513/281513634727549/TextView

Thanks Phamer, this certainly explains the fate of one of our sailings, and why we have not heard from X. Time will tell the fate of our second. Think we will be proactive like others and seek other alternatives for a similar itenerary.

DW and I have been booked on the 9/11/2016 Infinity Pacific Coast sailing for some time now.

In the event of X deciding to modify or cancel this itinerary how much notice would they give me and would there be any compensation for the inconvenience of having to change cruises?

I realize that the cruise is over a year away but I've read about cancelations happening just wanted to know what to expect, if anything.

Thanks,

Thanks for the info.........

Still wondering if this will affect the October 17, 2016 Infinity ABC island cruise...and if so, how?

Wonder what the second ship would be?

does anyone know if Royal or anoter line has an ABC Island cruise...?

Thanks for the info.........

Still wondering if this will affect the October 17, 2016 Infinity ABC island cruise...and if so, how?

Wonder what the second ship would be?

does anyone know if Royal or anoter line has an ABC Island cruise...?

We're doing a 14 night Cruise on the Eclipse 3 April 2016. This Cruise does the ABC islands.

We're doing a 14 night Cruise on the Eclipse 3 April 2016. This Cruise does the ABC islands.

Thank you....we are aware....while some may switch 14 days is too long for us...and way too many ports than we have visited before....idea of the smaller ship with great T pool is so appealing

We are booked on the 17th October 2016 sailing on Infinity and also very concerned wether it is about to be cancelled.

We had this happen to us on another cruise on Constellation and we only found out through these boards.

Have spoken with our TA today who has spoken with Celebrity. They are apparently evaluating a charter and will not confirm either way. My TA believes it will be cancelled and suggested we look at other options.

One option will be to try another cruise line as I dont believe this is a good way to treat your customers.

We are booked on the 17th October 2016 sailing on Infinity and also very concerned wether it is about to be cancelled.

We had this happen to us on another cruise on Constellation and we only found out through these boards.

Have spoken with our TA today who has spoken with Celebrity. They are apparently evaluating a charter and will not confirm either way. My TA believes it will be cancelled and suggested we look at other options.

One option will be to try another cruise line as I dont believe this is a good way to treat your customers.

If I do it will not on the RCCL brand. I doubt that they will miss my loyalty or business as there must be many more knocking on the door that Celebrity feels are more important to their future. I will be very disappointed but life goes. I sailed on over forty cruises before Celebrity and now have 16 with them plus a few more booked but that may end as the honeymoon seems to be over.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

DW and I have been booked on the 9/11/2016 Infinity Pacific Coast sailing for some time now.

In the event of X deciding to modify or cancel this itinerary how much notice would they give me and would there be any compensation for the inconvenience of having to change cruises?

I realize that the cruise is over a year away but I've read about cancelations happening just wanted to know what to expect, if anything.

Thanks,

We were booked on the 14 night Alaska itinerary on the Infinity for this August when this cruise was canceled and turned into a 9 night Pacific coastal cruise due to 5 nights being chartered by Dreamforce.

We also found out about this on cruisecritic and were later given a call from Celebrity informing us of the same. They did notify us nearly a year ahead of time but were offering very little in the way of compensation. They gave us a list of cruises we could chose from for the same price that we had booked the Alaska cruise under ... but the rep I spoke with explained it had to be in the exact same category. We were also offered $200 onboard credit, which was fair....not particularly generous but fair. Your new cruise had to be booked within a short time period....maybe it was a couple of weeks.

Since I really liked the SF roundtrip itinerary, I wanted to book the California Coastal itinerary instead, which was on the list of the available cruises to choose from but whomever was assigned to handle my reservation was a real lulu and I was only offered the same pricing as the 14 night Alaskan cruise, which I wasn't willing to pay seeing it was over $4000 for an oceanview room for a nine night coastal. I couldn't get over how apathetic the rep was....so took my chances and called back later to talk to someone else. They wouldn't release the new pricing until beyond the deadline to switch the reservation to a different cruise. It was frustrating at the time but I did end up getting a much more knowledgeable rep at Celebrity and ended up getting a decent deal, albeit an inside cabin, on the Coastal cruise. As mentioned, the only thing we really got for them cancelling our Alaska cruise was the $200 but since the air schedules weren't open for booking at that time, I guess nobody was really out a lot of money, much less us who don't have to fly. The only thing we were really out was a lot of time in planning the original trip.

So, if $200 doesn't sound like sufficient compensation, you may want to have alternate plans in mind. I don't think they are going to offer anything like a half price cruise like they used to do.

We tend to book cruises first based on when our schedules align, then based on the itinerary (whether we have done it and whether it is attractive). If one or both of our sailings are canceled or the itineraries are altered significantly, it is unlikely there would be alternative sailings that meet our desires equally. Therefore compensation is irrelevant, it is unlikely we would rebook.

Though there is time to rearrange our plans, it is frustrating to be left in the dark for so long on what to expect in order to evaluate alternatives. So many new posts are showing up with similar themes (sailing date disappeared). Different ships, different times of year, different itineraries. We have never seen this frequency occur before. How can one have faith to book if the likelihood of the sailing being altered is so high. Life goes on they say.

Can not get an answer to Why these two cruises have disappeared.

My thought is Infinity is being considered for rental as a floating hotel on the West Coast for a large convention. Probably more $$$$ (profit) for Celebrity vs sailing the ship in the Caribbean.

Celebrity please let those booked know what is going on so we can make other plans for late 2016.

We are having the same issue with an Equinox Mediterranean cruise on August 13, 2016. All Equinox cruises for August 2016 have disappeared from the schedule. I called Celebrity and my Travel Agent and was told the entire ship was sold out. I find that incredibly hard to believe since there are only 6 people on the roll call. Seems like Celebrity charters out the boat every August to Atlantis Cruises and it appears this is probably the case for our cruise. The dates coincide with our 30th anniversary and we planned this far in advance to make sure we got a good room and the 123 Go package. I am so disappointed and it seems like we probably will not hear anything official from Celebrity for a few months, as I have read on Cruise Critic. This is really a horrible business practice as they should not try to sell these rooms if they plan on chartering out the boat. But I guess the one with the most money wins out.

We're in (or out?) of the same boat/ ship as you for 10/17/16 infinity.....more likely a charter if anything....and that can take awhile to finalize.......at least not short notice so no booked air or hotels to worry about re doing....

the rental as a floating hotel was in Sept, if I recall correctly...?????

maybe Celebrity Official can check into it for us..

if an S class does the ABC Islands as a short itin (9 or 10 days), we'll look into it....the long one in Eclipse does not work for us....if not, one less cruise to pay for!

Edited by hcat