Carry On Wine - 2 cabins = 4 bottles?

plmtrprsn

I have seen the posts and read Celebrity's rules about bringing wine on board, but I haven't seen an answer to this question:

We have 2 adjoining cabins booked for my husband and me, and our two minor children. The rules don't say you have to be drinking age to bring on wine. Is it possible that we could carry on 4 bottles (1 per person, 2 per cabin)? My kids will NOT be drinking the wine, but my husband and I could easily drink 4 bottles in our 8 day cruise!

We are sailing on the Solstice in July - it has been a while since our last cruise. First time to Alaska and first time on Celebrity!

Thanks!

I have seen the posts and read Celebrity's rules about bringing wine on board, but I haven't seen an answer to this question:

We have 2 adjoining cabins booked for my husband and me, and our two minor children. The rules don't say you have to be drinking age to bring on wine. Is it possible that we could carry on 4 bottles (1 per person, 2 per cabin)? My kids will NOT be drinking the wine, but my husband and I could easily drink 4 bottles in our 8 day cruise!

We are sailing on the Solstice in July - it has been a while since our last cruise. First time to Alaska and first time on Celebrity!

Thanks!

You are kidding correct, you obviously are going to do what you want but why ask on a board like this. Reading the rules, Celebrity would have every right to take two bottles at embarkation and according to the rules, since they would be in a minors cabin, they would not be returned.

Of course you can bring the 4 bottles!

Actually, the above is a totally incorrect answer. If the children are booked in a separate cabin which Celebrity allows, it is definitely against the guest conduct policy. If not it depends on how Celebrity chooses to interpret their own rules and remember at that point they can pretty much do what they wish. The real question is whether you get caught.

From the Celebrity FAQ:

"No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25."

It is 2 bottles per stateroom, not one bottle per person. I would think you would be fine with bringing 4 bottles.

From the Celebrity FAQ:

"No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25."

It is 2 bottles per stateroom, not one bottle per person. I would think you would be fine with bringing 4 bottles.

But you are not quoting the alcohol and minors section of the Guest Conduct Policy which clearly states minors can't have alcohol. As I stated earlier, if the children are in a separate cabin, it is definitely forbidden. From the Guest Conduct Policy

No guest under age 18 may possess or consume alcohol at any time while onboard. No guest under age 21 may possess or consume alcohol at our private destinations.

If they are in a separate cabin by definition they are in possession. As I also stated earlier, who knows how Celebrity handles it as I'm sure its happened before.

Edited by dkjretired

From the Celebrity FAQ:

But it also says, "No guest under age 18 may possess or consume alcohol at any time while onboard.". If the second room is booked in the children's name only, then I would guess that they would NOT allow you to bring on four bottles as you could only do that if the kids were 'possessing' them.

The OP states that they have 2 cabins booked, I adult in each.

The rules state 2 bottles of wine per cabin.

So what's the problem, each adult takes the 2 bottles on board in their hand luggage.

Don't think of putting it in the children's hand luggage.

So what's the problem, each adult takes the 2 bottles on board in their hand luggage.

OP didn't state that in her post, the impression I got was that the kids were in a separate cabin.

I didn't read where they said one adult in each cabin. :confused:

Doesn't there have to be an adult booked in each cabin, I don

t believe that 2 minors can book a cabin. How they split is no ones business, but for booking purposes, I mean.

LOL I see now how a thread gets hijacked.

Edited by Calebo

Doesn't there have to be an adult booked in each cabin, I don

t believe that 2 minors can book a cabin. How they split is no ones business, but for booking purposes, I mean.

LOL I see now how a thread gets hijacked.

No, that is not Celebrity's policy and has not been for years. Minor children traveling with their parents are allowed to be in a separate cabin as long as it is adjacent and they consider across the hall adjacent;. I did it 15 yrs ago with my kids, wife and I had outside, kids across the hall in inside.

For voyages originating in North America, no guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing. This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military. Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required.

Edited by dkjretired

Kindly point out where the OP stated that they have one adult in each cabin. It wasn't in their post on here.

If they have one cabin, and their underage children have the other, they can bring two bottles of wine on board. Period.

There isn't any gray area here.

Two adults have booked & paid for two cabins, & you're allowed two bottles per cabin, I see absolutely no reason not to bring the four bottles, as you've paid for the privilege to do so.

Two adults may have paid for two cabins, but ONE of the cabins is occupied by only MINORS.

They are allowed two bottles per cabin as long as ONE occupant of each cabin is of legal drinking age.

No wine can be possessed by anyone in the cabin where ONLY the two underage children are registered. The underage alcohol rule is very clear.

The only "privilege" they have is to bring TWO BOTTLES OF WINE for the cabin occupied by adults.

If they do have 2 minors in 1 of the cabins, just change and put 1 adult in each cabin. If I remember right you can change only one of the names in each cabin once. Then when you get onboard get new or additional seapass cards. That way you can bring 4 bottles of wine and be within the rules

Kindly point out where the OP stated that they have one adult in each cabin. It wasn't in their post on here.

I read it as:

"we have 2 adjoining cabins booked for my husband and me"

So my interpretation is 1 adult in each cabin as the children are minors, therefore Celebrity will not let them book the cabin or be registered for the cabin without an adult.

Eighteen replies to a simple question and all of them wrong!

Two in your carry on, two in your luggage.

Two in your husbands carry on, and two in his luggage.

EIGHT BOTTLES!!!

Sailaway in your cabin!

Edited by Adidas4fun

I read it as:

"we have 2 adjoining cabins booked for my husband and me"

So my interpretation is 1 adult in each cabin as the children are minors, therefore Celebrity will not let them book the cabin or be registered for the cabin without an adult.

Reasonable interpretation until you complete their sentence.....

"We have 2 adjoining cabins booked for my husband and me, and our two minor children"

My interpretation and at least two others was husband and me in one cabin, children in the other.

Edited by dkjretired

It would be terrible if people placed one bottle in their two check in bags and two bottles in their carry on bags as Celebrity would never be able to check. Just imagine if someone embarked with a wine bottle with screw cap that had been emptied and refilled with scotch..... :D :D :D

We booked two adjoining cabins on the Constellation. We had to book myself and daughter in one and husband in the other. Both adults took two bottles of wine each with our separate cabin numbers. Once onboard we changed cabins for sleeping.

They did question the 4 bottles of wine in my husbands carry on until we showed the two cabin numbers.

We weren't trying to bypass the system as it was Celebrity told us we couldn't book our daughter in the cabin alone.