Equinox Molecular/World Class Bar ?

mtgman101

Leaving on the Equinox in 10 days and was wondering which bar we will have for our sailing, if anyone knows please advise. I drank my way through the molecular menu which was great, so I'll either start at the top again or try something new ! Thanks

We are currently on board Equinox and regular visitors to the Molecular Bar. The staff there have not heard anything about when the changeover will happen. I think you will be lucky enough to have MB when you board with the added bonus of the wonderful Luka as bartender. He will be leaving the ship at the end of your cruise and the fabulous Jelena is leaving tomorrow. We are so happy that we have been able to experience MB one last time and having Jelena and Luka as bartenders has been a joy.

We are currently on board Equinox and regular visitors to the Molecular Bar. The staff there have not heard anything about when the changeover will happen. I think you will be lucky enough to have MB when you board with the added bonus of the wonderful Luka as bartender. He will be leaving the ship at the end of your cruise and the fabulous Jelena is leaving tomorrow. We are so happy that we have been able to experience MB one last time and having Jelena and Luka as bartenders has been a joy.

Yes, Jelena and Luka are wonderful !

We will REALLY miss the Molecular Bar! :(

Could you ask Luka and/or Jelena if they plan to return after their vacations to work at the World Class Bar.

Also, tell them Allan and Karen say hi.

Sorry Karen, I didn't see your post before we disembarked today so I wasn't able to give your regards to Jelena and Luka. As things currently stand they will both be returning to the Equinox on the same day after their respective vacations. As far as I know they aren't yet sure which bar they'll be working in.

My DH and I are missing those MB cocktails big time tonight :o.

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know the date the new bar will be installed on the equinox to replace the molecular bar?

Thanks!

I too would like to know whether the molecular bar has been replaced yet on Equinox by the New World Bar as due to sail this Sat from Rome.

• 3 weeks later...
I too would like to know whether the molecular bar has been replaced yet on Equinox by the New World Bar as due to sail this Sat from Rome.

If you see this when you get back please do tell us, I do like the world class but I really loved some of the specials in the Molecular! We don't board until 24th August

David

Just to add to my previous comment, the selection at the Molecular Bar was so sparse, in my opinion it would have been better to close it. People were disappointed and the staff were frustrated.

Just to add to my previous comment, the selection at the Molecular Bar was so sparse, in my opinion it would have been better to close it. People were disappointed and the staff were frustrated.

Now you have me thinking ... yes that would be even more annoying, thanks

On our July 18th cruise, there were limited drinks in the Molecular Bar. We were told it was converting at the end of August.

Same thing on the July 25th cruise. They had a limited list of drinks, no ginger mojito :-(

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on Equinox on 8/24. I always wonder why there is a 10days gap between the iternaries. It turns out that the ship is overhauling. That means no Molecular bar for us. Well World Class bar sounds good.

So is Equinox going in for a refurb?

Not just the bar?

We will be on Equinox on 8/24. I always wonder why there is a 10days gap between the iternaries. It turns out that the ship is overhauling. That means no Molecular bar for us. Well World Class bar sounds good.

No overhauling/refurbishment of ship, it's a charter sailing from 14th to 24th August ;). Only the bar is being changed over. Come on over to the roll call for your sailing: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059250

No overhauling/refurbishment of ship, it's a charter sailing from 14th to 24th August ;). Only the bar is being changed over. Come on over to the roll call for your sailing: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059250

Who is chartering the whole ship ? That must have been expensive ! :eek:

Any more information about the charter sailing ?

Not ever being on a Celebrity ship, my upcoming cruise will be a true experience, now, to include the world bar.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/whats-new?event_date=2015-05-18&sequence_code=a

I wonder if one can still order a drink of their liking if they have a receipt for the mixologist....hmmmmmmm

Who is chartering the whole ship ? That must have been expensive ! :eek:

Any more information about the charter sailing ?

The ship is being chartered by Atlantis, it's becoming an annual event - same for next year too. Many organisations charter the ships during the year ;).

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Aug 1 sailing on Equinox. Although the Molecular Bar is physically in the same location, the drink menu that this bar used to serve is gone since the licensing agreement with Junior Marino is over. Both Ivan and Barbara, the bartenders here on my sailing, were true mixology experts, and real nice people. I will always remember the great ginger mojitos that were made here.

Ivan.jpg.cb2806f70b6daff52c2f9d53023b8385.jpg

We were on the Aug 1 sailing on Equinox. Although the Molecular Bar is physically in the same location, the drink menu that this bar used to serve is gone since the licensing agreement with Junior Marino is over. Both Ivan and Barbara, the bartenders here on my sailing, were true mixology experts, and real nice people. I will always remember the great ginger mojitos that were made here.

Barbara was the Molecular Bartender on our cruise on the Equinox last February.

She didn't need a "menu" to make any of the delicious concoctions.

If she's still on board future sailors are very lucky!

The only problem I might foresee is getting some of the more exotic ingredients.