New to Aqua Class and Celebrity -what should I know

dsu_2003

We sailed on the Xpedition but I font count thst as a regular cruise ship.

We are booked on the Equinox. We are elite in an Aqua guarrentee and have the basic drink package.

What hints can you tell me? What can I expect? Its not until 17 so I have lots of time to dream!!! We are about 50 sndike to try new things.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

You will get 90 free Internet minutes, also a bag of free Laundry ( maybe more if your cruise is more than 12 days ( you don't say where you are sailing)

Free drinks between 5-7 pm ( or if it's Elite heavy cruise for example TA) you will get 3 vouchers to use in most bars.

Also Priority tendering- you may or may not have tender ports. Again it would help to know where your cruise is going.

Some of the Aqua cabins on the S class ships can be a bit nosiey, ie under the gym or Pool.....So ensure u taker a look at the main Celebrity page here on CC and take a look at the S cabin Spreadsheet sticky!

BLU is the reason why we sail Aqua class! No reservations required and the dress is always smart casual...even on formal nights, but feel free to dress up,many do, many don't

One can order soem items that are not on the BLU menu such as Cesar salad, shrimp cocktail (and others)

I don't think the Aqua cabins themselves are anything special..the shower with multiple nozzle heads is nice!!

BLU is the selling point for us...many tables for 2, great service and food.

Love the Aqua class and Blu experience even better than a suite. It saves lots of money, and the very few perks missing, and a smaller cabin, doesn't bother us at all!!

Word is getting around and Aqua is becoming more and more in demand. I see that A2 cabins are already sold out on our Equinox March 2016 sailing.

Happy cruising!

Susan

Aside from the wonderful dining experience in Blu, you get free bottles of water so you don't have to stop to get one when getting off the ship.

If you are in an A2 Cabin near the front of the ship, check out the Relaxation Room. Only an AQ will open the door. Great panoramic view when the ship leaves port. Nice as a reading room or for afternoon tea.

There is a spiral staircase from the AQ hallway that leads directly to the pool/ gym/ spa/ sauna area. Think you go 1 flight up. In any event, you can just slip on a cover- up to head to the pool or sauna. Loved it as an extra shower before dinner when DH was taking a nap.

We are booked on the Equinox. We are elite in an Aqua guarrentee and have the basic drink package.

What hints can you tell me? What can I expect? Its not until 17 so I have lots of time to dream!!! We are about 50 sndike to try new things.

We are back on the Equinox for the second yr in a row. It is a cruise ship, Aqua is a category of cabin, that has its own super special private no one else can eat in dinning room. Other than that nutting really special or different.

We love Aqua Class because we love the more intimate experience of dining in Blu. Breakfasts there are particularly lovely with the huge windows in S Class Blu restaurants.

I agree that an A2 guarantee could land you directly under the treadmills or other gym equipment. Personally, I'd spend the extra money to get a room under the spa itself.

One tip: one embarkation day, you will most likely be given a discount to dine in the one of the specialty restaurants instead of Blu. If you know you want to try one of them (we really like Murano and Tuscan Grill), then you might want to give this a try.

We have sailed on the Equinox. A nice ship! IMO having sailed AQ, Balcony and Suites- we enjoy any cabin- of course suites are the best! AQ gives you some perks- the bathroom has more amenities- nicer towels and robes. Blu IMO ok but not great- the advantage is that it is more like a restaurant then the MDR which is like a party ballroom. We never use the small persian garden and remove any horrible sented fragrances from our cabin - Same with canapes and teas which are typically not good.

We enjoy the Celebrity experience and service. Being an Elite member you will enjoy the perks as previously mentioned in other posts. As one poster stated be very careful about being under the gym. Not a good location. People get up early and you can hear noise from the exercise equipment. You should try the three speciality restaurants if you can.

You will have fun! Best to upgrade the drink package- so you can enjoy your choice of Martini's at the Martini bar!

Enjoy your cruise! Try the Silhouette and Reflection next!

Edited by Cruise a holic

No changing the room for us. We are paying less than the inside right now. All Aqua are sold out. There are suites available over $9000. 😳😳😳😳

We've been under the pool deck but only noticed the noise at night when the chairs were being stacked. Hoping that there won't be dropping weights on our head in the morning. Or maybe it will get me up to the gym too😉

Sounds great. We love Aqua because of Blu. (DH, who is tall, also loves the shower. I am short, so it doesn't really matter to me.) You will have a fabulous time. We aren't very picky, generally, about where our cabin is, and I think one of them was under the gym. Noise wasn't bad.

Our DS and DDIL got married last fall. Our wedding present to them was a cruise in Aqua for their honeymoon. The kids called us from the cabin. (DS had cruised 15 plus times, but never in a suite or Aqua before.) They really liked their "suite." (Yes, we did tell them they didn't have a suite.) That made DH and my whole month.

You have a great cruise to look forward to. Enjoy. Planning is half the fun.

Ohiodoglover

Looking forward to our first cruise with Celebrity and we will be in Aq on a TA cruise. Since I am 6'4, am I to understand it will be easier for me to shower being in aqua cabin? I was unaware of this possible benefit, we mainly wanted to eat in blu and that was our main reason for this type of cabin. We also took cabin 1501, all the way to the front on port side, next to the relaxation room so we could have some nice forward views. Looking forward to the Celebrity experience!