Perry Grant

beebee

Do you think that Perry Grant's move to Princess will have any impact on people booking with Celebrity? it makes no difference to me but I know that there are a lot of very loyal Perry Grant fans out there. We usually go on Celebrity in Feb. and there is always a very large group of Perry Grant fan club members on board. Will these fans follow Perry and are they enough to impact Celebrity?

Perry has a large following that WILL transfer to Princess, as I know a few that are booking Princess. The base of fans is very diverse in the area of stateroom selection. (from inside to royal suite) In the current cruise environment I don't think Celebrity will have a problem filling the upper staterooms.

Celebrity has a lot of ships Perry Grant has never been on.

I have never heard Celebrity has/had a problem filing those ships.

Given that logic, no I don't think Celebrity will have a problem replacing passengers who move to Princess for the sole reason they can see Perry Grant.

We have met a number of his devoted fans who sailed Celebrity just because of Perry, in particular a number of ladies.

We enjoyed him, but not every night. I thought he was great doing Liar's Club.

Assuming a strong following on each cruise, I would guess there could be 10+ cabins booked due to Perry. Could be more, could be less, but there is a practical limit. Assuming 20 cabins, per cruise, that would be potentially 40 guests each cruise filling the venue where Perry performed.

I would think Celebrity would be able to pick up the lost of those bookings especially over time.

I wish Perry the best!

I'm waiting for the first posting if

"been on millions of Princess Cruises. Last one this really strange 'entertainer' was on and he had quite a few followers who were a bit odd.

Looking at Celebrity but just worried that there may be others like this Perry guy and that the Celebrity passengers could be like his followers "

He may be received well on Princess. Bert Stratton was their lounge lizard with a cult following. I don't think He preforms on Princess anymore. His style of performance was similar to Perry Grant.

We will not miss Perry when next on the Eclipse and hope they replace him with a more traditional Piano Bar entertainer (doubt if this will happen). Folks need to keep things in perspective. As popular as Perry is with some folks, he also has plenty of detractors. Personally, whenf we are on a cruise with Perry DW and I will go see him one time for about a half hour (we have then seen it all). The last few times we have been on the Eclipse with Perry, we walk by his show and see lots of white hair (mine is gray) with very few folks having drinks. In other words, Perry does attract an audience but does not sell drinks.

As to Celebrity, the cruise line has 11 ships and Perry has never been on more then one at a time! And we do not think those other 10 ships are suffering because of no Perry.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Many more may now book with Celebrity and be driven away from Princess. I for one am planning on booking more Celebrity cruises. :D

Nothing to do with Perry as he is just a small time entertainer who found his niche on cruise ships. What ship he is on does not influence my cruise choice as with any entertainment or activities they are not mandatory to attend.

Apparently Perry does not fit in with Celebrity's new modern luxury. :rolleyes:

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

rinks. In other words, Perry does attract an audience but does not sell drinks.

Hank

You know not what thou speaketh.

During his performances, the bar help can't keep up with the orders.;)

I booked the Royal Princess to go to Perry's shows, I was originally booked on the eclipse and switched over, the room is always packed, I DO NOT have white hair, and there are a lot of drink orders being taken during his show. He is a talented singer and what I enjoy is that I always leave his show smiling.....you have to enjoy his humor I suppose and I sure do. I am elite on Celebrity and do love their ships (even though they seem to be the most expensive as their prices seem to go up every 6 months.) I am looking forward to my cruise on Royal and to go to Perry's shows.

We have booked at least five cruises because of Perry. We specifically booked a cruise last September in order to laugh with him. He is by far the best lounge performer we have seen at sea. We will be booking on the Royal Princess solely to see him. My hair is brown and my husband's is black. While we will continue to sail on Celebrity we will be a lot more price conscious than we are when Perry is on the ship.

I can only assume that the vitriol written about Perry says more about the posters than it does about him. perry's fans are a tolerant bunch so I find it difficult to believe that any of them attacked someone for expressing a negative opinion.

We went to one of Perry's shows a few years ago on Constellation, my expectations were not high reading some cruisecritics reviews at the time, however we absolutely loved his act, it may have something to do with the fact the rest of the ships entertainment was so bland, plus he had the Dame Edna technique of embarrassing members of the public who would wander half way into his set, we just found him funny. Loved that he is half Danish also!

Hi Everyone,

As the same cast of characters insist on derailing the thread into a love/hate debate - which btw, had nothing to do with the OP's question..... numerous posts were deleted, and this thread is now closed.

Thanks for your understanding and participation.