(Some) greedy diamonds

Totally agree with you.

Appalling behaviour in the Lounges, was one of the reasons why we, together with others, have moved to Cunard and above.

Why not just stop going to the D Lounge, especially now that you can go to any bar? :confused:

Some cruisers have class and some don't!

DW and myself have a "thing"

Whenever we see something un-classy onboard I say "you can buy a cruise ticket"

I don't say it but we both know I could add "but you can't buy class"

Now I don't think of myself as classy, I'm a working class Northern (England) boy, but I can recognise crass when I see it.

Just off jos west bound panama canal and what really bothered us was the d+ and pinnacle members who felt a sense of entitlement i.e. the greeter in the windjammer always played music and danced one morning he was speaking with a server who was carrying a tray of coffee cups on his head and this lady comes up to them pulls out her camera and very rudely says to them DANCE while snapping her fingers. They would get in the elevator and just say 6 or whatever deck they wanted never a please or thank you and yet we all wonder why most of the youth now days have no manners

You are making me VERY happy I just canceled this cruise going eastbound and taking Azamara instead (during a much better time of year!)! :eek:

Why not just stop going to the D Lounge, especially now that you can go to any bar? :confused:

...ding...ding...ding, there's the answer!

The OP's point is in her last sentence: if this continues it could result in loss of the benefit for everyone. If RCI decides to shutdown the lounges due to abuses that can't be curtailed by the concierges, then I'm guessing we all will care.

Yes, that was my point.

You need to separate out the people from the group (D and above). This is about people and their appalling behavior. These people have always been this way and being D has nothing to do with their behavior. Behavior doesn't suddenly change because one becomes D. We are D+ and I would never, ever do something like this, just as I wouldn't have before. These are the same people that go through life taking whatever they want, doing whatever they want regardless of how it impacts anyone else. There is always a few in every D lounge I have been in who act like they are entitled. Either they overtip trying to buy/gain favors, take more than they should or are loud and obnoxious and treat the crew like crap. They would do this whether they were on a cruise or on a land vacation. It's unfortunately who they are. They abuse the privilege until it gets taken away from everyone. They don't care because their goal is to beat the "man".

The most we have ever done is take a drink out with us as we leave and then only if the concierge allowed it, since before vouchers, that varied from ship to ship.

That could not have been said much better than that.

Seriously? ***.

Seriously what? My point was I would hope that RCI would do something to get the rules to be enforced rather than just take the step of cutting back the benefits by closing down the lounges. What is the problem with that?

Edited by Ocean Boy

That could not have been said much better than that.

The D+ and Pinnacle people are all pompous snobs; they just don't want to admit it.

Of course, if I ever make it to D+, that will change, and it will only be the Pinnacle people who are all pompous snobs.... :D

The D+ and Pinnacle people are all pompous snobs; they just don't want to admit it.

Of course, if I ever make it to D+, that will change, and it will only be the Pinnacle people who are all pompous snobs.... :D

Great, as once you make it to pinnacle all the snobs will be gone!:D

Great, as once you make it to pinnacle all the snobs will be gone!:D

Alas, I don't think I'll ever get there, so I won't be able to eradicate all snobs. Diamond members used to be snobs, though, but since I hit exactly 80 points at the end of my last cruise....suddenly, Diamonds aren't snobs any more. :cool:

I do hope you are not serious!!!:mad:

I can honestly say that the vast majority of problems we have on a cruise, when they occasionally occur are because of fellow rude cruisers, and not because of the cruise line.

Its always the extreme who cause the problem. Those who are demanding of others to do things their way, or the other extreme who could care less about anyone else.

As RW Emerson said, "Moderation in all things, especially moderation.”

Most everyone has taken out a drink, and there will always be those who take out more.

Our advice, ignore them, enjoy your cruise, and let RCL handle it, its their responsibility.:)

The smiley was at the end of the second sentence. It should have been at the end of the first sentence, IMHO.

I knew it was a mistake to drop out of Emoji Etiquette 101.

:) :( :confused: :p ;) :eek:

Edited by Paul65

Actually the concierge did address it by speaking to the people concerned and asking them to stop.

I always take a drink out with me too - a glass - not several bottles sneaked inside a bag :rolleyes:

I haven't been on a cruise where I could really take a bottle of wine from the DL.:confused: Normally they come by and fill my glass or offer me a drink. They don't come with a bottle of cabernet and say here you go put it in your knapsack you brought with you? We always walk out to go to dinner with a glass of wine usually our 2nd or 3rd drink.

In defense of the concierge, it can be difficult depending on the situation for him or her to be aware and to address it in a manner that is not offensive to others or those needing to receive behavior corrections.

I am a bit confused.

jc

How could we forget. Despite you're alleged departure, you continue to prowl this board incessantly reminding us. :rolleyes:

Thinking the same thing. Probably need to reinforce their own royalness in our eyes. Personally, I am very impressed.:D

jc

I knew it was a mistake to drop out of Emoji Etiquette 101.

Funny !

There seems to be a tradition here on CC of capping a nasty post with a :D or a:p .

Hard to know what to say except it being a passive-agressive action. :D

Please include #4 which explains the info is second hand

Oh dear :( I did hesitate before posting as I realise some people on here are determined not to believe this happened, but thought I would just answer the question posted by xpcdoojk.

Since you seem determined to discredit me. Yes, that's right, the concierge was lying to me :rolleyes: Happy now?

Edited by Bobal

This was on a Transatlantic - there was an overflow lounge which makes it a really busy job for the servers to get around - they had bottles of wine set out to serve people (and for people to help themselves to a GLASS) - some people were taking the whole bottle. Now do you understand?

According to your status you are D+ so have presumably been in a lounge where there is an overflow and sometimes wine bottles are left out in the dedicated lounge for people to help themselves as servers are hard-pressed to get round those people who want mixed drinks so it's easier for those who want wine just to top up their glass. Not on the tables, but on the counters and I can easily see how they could take those bottles when the servers and the concierge are busy with other guests in a lounge with a big overspill area

:rolleyes:

Can honestly say in over 40 plus cruises, never ever have seen servers or a concierge leave bottles of wine in the lounge on tables for people to help themselves. Have always had the servers make your cocktail or pour your wine, period.