Were you happy w/ Windjammer on Oasis?

We enjoyed Windjammer for breakfast and lunch. We always found a table for our family of three. Never had a problem before 9:00 a.m. for breakfast. We generally went to lunch either before 12:00 or after 1:00. Personally, I think the selections are fine. At home I certainly don't have that many choices!

I agree. Windjammer is ok at best. Sometimes good for breakfast and lunch. But on our last cruise, first Oasis, the Windjammer was too small and set up to be difficult to manage. We actually had to ask a waiter if there was a desert table somewhere at lunch.

I sailed with family on the Oasis this past February (2015). The Windjammer had a lot more space and tables than on our previous cruise (in 2012), because they moved Izumi to another location and opened up that space for the WJ. DD & DSIL ate there every day to get the miso soup. I think he also was happy to get hot hard-boiled eggs for breakfast. DGS loved the pancakes, and I got oatmeal every day. On our previous cruise, DGS & I ate breakfast in the MDR a couple times, but it seemed to take a lot longer. We ate all our dinners in the MDR, but I was quite content with the choices available in the WJ for breakfast/brunch/lunch.

Was on the Allure this year and found the windjammer food to be lacking. The variety was disappointing and the quality was only so-so. Spent most of our time in the MDR, Giovanni's, and 150 CP.

That said, I never found a lack of seating in the Windjammer. Read the reviews about how packed it gets on Embarkation day and for lunch and dinner and it was never full to the point where we needed to wait anymore than 2 minutes for a table. For lunch we'd go at around 1pm and for dinner we'd go check it out around 6:30 so maybe not prime hours I guess?

I don't mind going but I see older ships with more practical setup and they run better. I even had to make a line a couple of time at breakfast since there were no table at the windjammer [emoji17]

Curious as to why you are asking? :)

My answer is no. I feel it is too small and too congested for the size of the ship, and is not set up to induce flow. I find WJ on other ships to be much more "user-friendly".

Absolutely agree, it is not laid out in a friendly manner at all.

I find myself with a plate wandering about......salad fixings are not all together, some dessert items are in the Non-dessert area.....makes No sense many times and generally frustrates!:D

Izumi is gone now on Oasis from the WJ area and more seating was made.

Edited by CVU

Probably one of the worst WJ's layouts we have experienced. Way too small for that size of ship. I think they want you at other dining venues and not at the WJ. We're usually WJ fans and eat a lot of our meals there so this was a surprise to us on this particular ship.

We made the mistake once of both getting up at the same time to get food and even though we had full drinks on the table and my sweater hanging on my chair our table was cleared...I have never felt so pushed out and when I complained..they appeared to care less...I was so upset..Have never had this problem on the other ships we have sailed.

on the westbound TA we ate dinner there almost every night, was quite relaxing, we could get a table and then just graze, we did have a 2top in the MDR but the waiter seemed more interested in the large tables and could not have been more disinterested in us, we noticed the WJ was very busy on the last evening. For breakfast and lunch we only used it a couple of times as we preferred the park cafe or the solarium cafe but I noticed they did have lovely smoothies there at breakfast.

On our recent b2b we ate breakfast there most days. Whilst it was crowded, we always found a seat. It is not the best laid out place and I missed an omlette/egg station, though there are pre cooked omlettes (didn't like the look of them!) and at the grill they are constantly frying eggs, so you can pick them up there. Frequently when we came out there was a queue to get in and we couldn't figure out why. We usually sat near the back and there were always tables available, but somehow the staff seemed to think there weren't any available...odd situation. We often had a snack there lunchtime and had 3 or 4 evening meals there, where at least you could 'mix and match' things that don't normally go together (pasta with curry on...great!). Also agree that during any meals the 'islands' were presented illogically. You would have pasta and cheese sauce on one, then pasta and meat sauce on another, which was beside steaks and goulash, hardly any vegetables and why was bread pudding and custard always beside salad stuff?! Best bet is to look first, then go and get what you want.

Simon